Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2017, 00:49   #1576
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
As suggested, I'll be fixing it above the driver's side of the windscreen. I don't want to place it behind the IRVM because I might go in for a dash cam later.
I have affixed my paytm FASTag on top left side of the windscreen. It worked fine in my recent trip to Goa and return. My neighbour had also affixed on top left side on his Nissan Terrano and he told me that it's working for him.

I paid cash at Bankapur toll and they told me that FASTag is not working in Bankapur toll for few months now. Did anyone raise a complaint?

In 3 other toll plazas, FASTag lane was blocked (not manned) and they let me pass without paying toll after I asked for handheld scanner

I will post a video of my first FASTag trip later.

Last edited by airbus : 28th September 2017 at 01:16. Reason: Minor correction.
Old 28th September 2017, 08:38   #1577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Guys, when and how do you get the cashbacks? Been over a week for the last trip but yet to see any cashback. Does it get accumulated for the whole month and is credited at one go?
The cash back are processed on monthly basis. That means, August trips cash back will be processed in September.
However, the backend support is not yet geared up for the sheer increase in volume of transactions.
Expect August cash back by 31 Oct. Could even be Nov for some cases.
The cash back will be 7.5% irrespective of from whom you took the tag.
Old 28th September 2017, 09:01   #1578
Senior - BHPian

Went thru Airport toll FASTag few days and and I wasn't charged! 3 out of 3 times it was free!

I don't know why the airport taxi fellows are striking against mandatory FASTag for their cars. They will only get to save a ton of money.
Old 28th September 2017, 09:06   #1579
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Went thru Airport toll FASTag few days and and I wasn't charged! 3 out of 3 times it was free!
Same with me. I had to do 3 trips to Airport this month and I never received the debit SMS for the KIAL toll. I then even checked the statement online but the money was not deducted. Seems like the case with many as they have posted here.

In fact, on one occasion the FASTag lane wasn't working and they made me pass next to it where the attendant scanned using a handheld device and even then there was no deduction.

On the other hand, both the times, while passing the booth leading to Hyderabad and back, the amount was duly decucted and I got text messages within 20 minutes after passing the booth .

Last edited by paragsachania : 28th September 2017 at 09:08.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 09:18   #1580
Senior - BHPian

No update as yet from the Equitas team. When I called them yesterday, the response is that they are waiting for bank approval. But obvious this is pretty vague. Can someone please help me out with some viable contact details. The ones that I have tried are as follows :-

fastagsupport@equitasbank.com : Email id of the support desk.
priyamoorthi@equitasbank.com : Email id of the floor supervisor.
Old 28th September 2017, 10:43   #1581
BHPian

I applied for the tag through Equitas (since they seem to be the fastest based on experiences on this thread) on 25th September early morning. It was approved yesterday, 27th September evening and the status says "Dispatched". Does anyone know if there is a way to get the tracking details for the dispatch - perhaps by calling them up and asking? On the website, it does not show any tracking details.
Old 28th September 2017, 11:48   #1582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Same with me. I had to do 3 trips to Airport this month and I never received the debit SMS for the KIAL toll. I then even checked the statement online but the money was not deducted. Seems like the case with many as they have posted here...
Some influential person seems to have removed the chip from their scanners and handheld devices

As I posted yesterday, it was not working from Tuesday night. Not sure if its back, someone could confirm here !
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 11:59   #1583
BHPian

What is the best way to recharge ICICI fasttag? Can we do recharge at the Toll gates?
Old 28th September 2017, 13:07   #1584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
What is the best way to recharge ICICI fasttag? Can we do recharge at the Toll gates?
Online, that is the easiest way to recharge it. If you have an icici savings account, there are no extra charges. I am not aware of any other ways to recharge the tag.
Old 29th September 2017, 08:01   #1585
Senior - BHPian

My Equitas Fastag has been dispatched on 28/Sep/2017 05:30:29 PM with a wrong vehicle registration number.

While entering the details I had misplaced one digit, but had followed up with the team promptly, with a call and mail regarding the correction needed. Also the soft copy of the RC had the correct number to be verified.

I was informed by the team, that once the bank tries to verify, it will fail as there is mismatch in number. Then the Equitas team would come to know about this and would update from the backend with the correct details. It will again go through a second round of approval and post approval from bank Equitas team will dispatch the tag.

Probably, its the ideal situation, but apparently it did not work that way.

Question is, will I face any problems if the fastag pasted on the windscreen has a different registration number than the car I am driving? Experts, please advise.
Old 29th September 2017, 08:57   #1586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
My Equitas Fastag has been dispatched on 28/Sep/2017 05:30:29 PM with a wrong vehicle registration number.

While entering the details I had misplaced one digit, but had followed up with the team promptly, with a call and mail regarding the correction needed. Also the soft copy of the RC had the correct number to be verified.

I was informed by the team, that once the bank tries to verify, it will fail as there is mismatch in number. Then the Equitas team would come to know about this and would update from the backend with the correct details. It will again go through a second round of approval and post approval from bank Equitas team will dispatch the tag.

Question is, will I face any problems if the fastag pasted on the windscreen has a different registration number than the car I am driving? Experts, please advise.
Mine was despatched on 22nd and got it yesterday. Looks like it is 5 working days as committed. With a series of holidays ahead, add to those delays.
As for registration number associated with fastags, there might not be a big deal with using it. It's just the class of vehicle that is important. But it's always good to be on the right side of the law. I think you should still be able to get it corrected on their systems and be good. The vehicle number is not embedded on the RFID, it's the backend systems on the issuer.
demonashes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 09:01   #1587
BHPian

Quote:

Had done the same mistake. Raised a complaint with them and also followed up with a mail to fastagsupport@equitasbank.com. They had asked me to send the RC copy again which I did. It was rectified yesterday and they have shipped the fastag to me.

Regards
Sandy
Old 29th September 2017, 09:16   #1588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
Had done the same mistake. Raised a complaint with them and also followed up with a mail to fastagsupport@equitasbank.com. They had asked me to send the RC copy again which I did. It was rectified yesterday and they have shipped the fastag to me.

Regards
Sandy
Hi Sandy,

Did they issue a fresh fastag to you at no extra cost?

Regards,
Old 29th September 2017, 09:19   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sandy,

Did they issue a fresh fastag to you at no extra cost?

Regards,
No, I asked them to correct the mistake before they shipped out the tag. However I checked about the possibility of they shipping a tag with the wrong number for which they replied that they could get the same corrected even if the tag was shipped. Write to them and ask them to get it corrected.

Regards
Sandy.
SaNdY_AR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 09:22   #1590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
No, I asked them to correct the mistake before they shipped out the tag. However I checked about the possibility of they shipping a tag with the wrong number for which they replied that they could get the same corrected even if the tag was shipped. Write to them and ask them to get it corrected.

Regards
Sandy.
Okies. I have been following up with them regularly. Let's see how thing works out. Even their support desk number seems to be out of order, as it plays music and then disconnects after sometime. Will try again calling them this afternoon to check solution.

Thank you (y)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks