Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2017, 12:01   #1591
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

After going through the posts here about unpleasant experiences with Paytm FASTag, I was a bit concerned. I had after all placed an order, and then arrived at this thread.

However, mine turned out to be a relatively smoother experience with a hiccup only during the RC copy upload stage, which kept failing multiple times before finally acknowledging with a success message.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-ftg1.png

Long story short, received the tag in just under two weeks (16th - 28 Sep). My colleague who ordered one after getting inspired by my excitement, got his within 10 days (20th - 28th Sep). Paytm seems to be slowly but steadily streamlining the process!

The status still says 'Issued'. I'm eagerly awaiting the status to change to 'Active' now, because it was delivered yesterday. It has neatly earmarked the Rs.150 from wallet balance. Shows the breakup clearly on the Android app. I feel most comfortable using Paytm, because of the overall hassle free experience and wide acceptability for many other purposes.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-ftg2.png
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-ftg3.png

Peace,

Regards,
Abhishek.
Old 29th September 2017, 12:19   #1592
BHPian

I have received my FastTag today. Applied through Equitas on 23rd, Saturday late evening and have received the tag today 29th morning. Have only uploaded RC during application. I think process is pretty acceptable. Now let me stick it and check it out at toll booths during my trip this weekend.

Friends, any help on My FastTag mobile app? I am not able to register at all.
Old 29th September 2017, 12:58   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Hi All ! I would like to highlight my experience with Hdfc bank fast tag process. I applied on the website and got a detailed email from hdfc on the process and required documents. Made the neft payment also for 300 Rupees. I sent them all on September 15th evening. My fast tag was created on 20th September and I got it today a few mins ago. Mind you , my house is in hosur and the tag came from Noida. I am already able to login to my account and see the details of my fast tag. Kudos to her for the quick process!!

P.S they asked for scanned copy of RC, address proof and application forms. I scanned them using CamScanner app and it was accepted
Today I was able to test the fastag. It worked without any issues on on toll plazas from Hosur to Tiruppur route I was able to zoom past the Krishnagiri toll in 3mins , which was really crowded considering the long weekend. Really happy with the way it's working !
Old 29th September 2017, 16:02   #1594
Senior - BHPian

Update from the Equitas team :-

The team is having a long leave period (weekoff plus other relevant festivities) and therefore team will be on floor from coming Tuesday on wards.

With regards to my Fastag, I have been informed by the team that they will change the association from the back end, but that can only happen on Tuesday. I intend to call them up as well and remind about the same.
Old 29th September 2017, 17:34   #1595
BHPian

I am using the Equitas fastag for the past week. In two booths out of about 15, the display showed "blacklisted tag" and I had to pay using cash. Anyone else experienced this issue?
Old 29th September 2017, 18:16   #1596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanic_dude View Post

Long story short, received the tag in just under two weeks (16th - 28 Sep). My colleague who ordered one after getting inspired by my excitement, got his within 10 days (20th - 28th Sep). Paytm seems to be slowly but steadily streamlining the process!
Looks like you are lucky, or perhaps they are able to cope with the demand now. Best of luck for activation. My Fastag still shows a status of 'Issued' though I received it on 25th and escalated twice. I am disgusted with their customer support.

However, what I do love is their app on the mobile, that I use quite often.
Old 29th September 2017, 19:23   #1597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Looks like you are lucky, or perhaps they are able to cope with the demand now. Best of luck for activation. My Fastag still shows a status of 'Issued' though I received it on 25th and escalated twice. I am disgusted with their customer support.

However, what I do love is their app on the mobile, that I use quite often.
Keenly following this. My status is also issued, we were shipped and delivered tags at almost the same dates. I have not yet contacted PayTM for activation. Waiting to see how it turns out. I have a trip coming in the 3rd week of October, so if nothing materializes by end of next week, I would be calling them up.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 01:00   #1598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I will post a video of my first FASTag trip later.
Here is the video of my first FASTag experience during our recent trip from Bengaluru to Goa and return

airbus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 19:16   #1599
Senior - BHPian

Paytm shipped me someone else's fasttag 😤
The packing is addressed to me. But the contents bear another individuals fast tag.
I have not opened it and hopefully the person who received my tag has not opened it.

Paytm as usual is taking their sweet time to resolve this.
vinaydas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 23:18   #1600
BHPian

I opted for FASTag from PayTM and my experience was somewhat different from most others here.

I applied for it on 18th Sep. I uploaded the document and details a couple of days later. In my case PNG file worked fine, they didn't come back for JPG. The status of the tag got changed to Active within 2 days of uploading. By 22/23 Sep, my tag's status was active, but the tag was not shipped yet. They finally shipped the tag on 27th and got it on 29th.

I want to attach it temporarily and test it. Does the tag work even if I do not peel off the translucent layer and stick with a cellophane tape?
Old 2nd October 2017, 07:53   #1601
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Went thru Airport toll FASTag few days and and I wasn't charged! 3 out of 3 times it was free!

I don't know why the airport taxi fellows are striking against mandatory FASTag for their cars. They will only get to save a ton of money.
That airport toll has not charged me since roughly November 2016!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 14:10   #1602
BHPian

Just back after my first drive using fastag. Frustrated with the lack of implementation on Hassan - Bangalore highway. All tolls had opened up fastag lanes as free for all. When I asked them, they said it's due to high volumes on a long weekend. The whole point of getting the fastag was to make it fast during long weekends! I have a feeling that these toll collectors are trying to discourage people from using fastags. So much for digital India! Is there a way to bring this to central govt notice? Is it worth it?
Old 2nd October 2017, 18:06   #1603
Senior - BHPian

Received my Equitas fastag today. Technically it took 5 business days to reach me. I will contact the team tomorrow to have the registration number updated from the back end.

I think the card is already in activated status with rupees 100 as current balance.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-2.jpg

Also please advise what is the next best position to paste the Fastag.

P-1 - Already occupied with company tag.
P-2
P-3
P-4
P-5
P-6

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-1.jpg
Old 2nd October 2017, 18:49   #1604
Distinguished - BHPian

Had been on a 1300km roadtrip across Andhra Pradesh and tried the Paytm fastag on my SX4 for the first time. It worked without hiccups and the recognition rate is better than my Celerio which I strongly feel is because of the interference from the company fitted tag on my Celerio. Since my SX4 doesn't have that I *guess* it fares better.

Had a flawless passage at Bagepalli, Marur, Amakthadu and Kasepalli while the morons at Devanhalli toll plaza didn't maintain the exclusivity of the lane allowing vehicles to enter it while going towards Hyderabad, while on the return direction Fastag lane was not working itself. Gave an earful to the toll operator in the onward journey and was let to go for free while during the return journey they scanned the tag manually but was not charged for the same. If I get it right from this month beginning they were supposed to keep the lane functional and access controlled but these people seem to live on a different planet.

From my experience, I think the best setup is to keep the boom barrier and antenna at the beginning of the lane itself and keep the entrance a little extended so that by no means untagged vehicles can enter the lane. This setup worked well in the other tolls and since the gate is in the beginning itself, it opens only when a tagged vehicle appears in front of it. Instead, if they install the antenna near the booth with the lane looking similar to the other lanes, people will try to jutt in and make way. Once they are in the queue there is no way to get them out and hence starts the problem. Instead, its better to not allow at the beginning itself. It doesnt even require a security guard in such a setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Received my Equitas fastag today. Technically it took 5 business days to reach me. I will contact the team tomorrow to have the registration number updated from the back end.

I think the card is already in activated status with rupees 100 as current balance.

Attachment 1681534

Also please advise what is the next best position to paste the Fastag.

P-1]
I would suggest drivers side top corner. It will keep the tag away from company tag and also help if there is a manual scanner. Also some tolls have their antenna placed on the right hand side and in such cases reception will be good too.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 18:54   #1605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

I would suggest drivers side top corner.
That means P-2. I also have that position in mind. Strangely in office, I have observed cars to be having their Fastags pasted in P-3 position. If that would have been one or two, I would have ignored, but it's basically the same in all the car's I observed at the company parking.

Most Viewed