Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2017, 22:50   #1711
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOJVC View Post
Is it working for XC90? New Volvo cars got IR coated windshield which blocks RFID detection.
Nope doesn't work on the XC90 or the Polestar, tested that long ago using my old car's tag before cancelling the same. I will be pasting it outside with a 3M film on top of it. Will post images by weekend.

Last edited by mjumrani : 17th October 2017 at 22:52. Reason: Added more information.
Old 18th October 2017, 05:54   #1712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Have been receiving cashbacks on a regular basis every month till now. Don't remember the percentage but earlier I guess it was 10 and now 7.5 or 5? But yes, just replying to say cashbacks are happening.
Thanks Parag! I have been using it since 25th last month . Didn't get any cashback. Will wait till month end and see.
Old 18th October 2017, 08:24   #1713
BHPian

Well, had my first taste as well yesterday driving to Goa. In all till Hubli turn all but one ( the last one before Hubli) accepted Fastag. How ever in a few they had to use the hand held scanners as the pole mounted scanner detection was a bit hit and miss. Like stated earlier in this thread, they have a manual barricade with wheels and tied to rope which is held by a human - in every single Fastag lane! They pull it back once they see the sticker . Where there is no Fastag lane clearly identified / you missed seeing it, the standard seems to be the second one from left side - with extreme left being reserved for emergency's and wide bodied vehicles
Old 18th October 2017, 08:51   #1714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
What is the use of this Myfastag app? Anyone using it, please help.
Got my Fastag from Equitas on Monday, had applied on Friday afternoon, I currently have the BETL Tag will put the Fastag, once I exhaust the card value of BETL.

I still couldn't figure out the use of the Fastag app, the recharge option using Equitas, doesn't accept my credentials!.

Regards
Shailesh

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th October 2017 at 09:42. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for better readability
Old 18th October 2017, 09:35   #1715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I still couldn't figure out the use of the Fastag app, the recharge option using Equitas, doesn't accept my credentials!.
We both are on the same page, cant do it through the app. Need to go in the equitas website and recharge .
Old 18th October 2017, 09:40   #1716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
We both are on the same page, cant do it through the app. Need to go in the equitas website and recharge .
Count me in too as I am facing the same problem.

By the way, does anyone know if Fastag works along the NH65?
Old 18th October 2017, 09:57   #1717
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjunag View Post
Also, they have mentioned that fastag can be activated on the RFID tags provided by OEM. Getting error as attachment. Anybody please help.
This is an urban legend
It it works, you would be the first person to have it. In case you are in hurry, would suggest you contact any of the banks listed and get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Has someone got the 7.5% cashback which was advertised for fastag?
Yes, I have received the same. As Parag mentioned, it is supposed to be 5% from next year. I guess it was 10% till 2017 May or so.

Quote:
The app is of no use, try all transactions directly from bank site.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 10:24   #1718
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

FasTag toll update from recent Bangalore-Goa-Bangalore trip.

FasTag worked at all tolls except Bankapur (the attendant told me it will take about 6 months for it to get activated there).

At all these tolls - Lane 2 from left is for FasTag and is manned by a guard. At most of them, automatic recognition of tag works and at some the attendant uses a handheld scanner.

*At Tumkur toll, a truck in front of my car tried his luck with the sensor and when it did not work, exited the lane from the left. I was patiently waiting behind him and moved forward after he exited. The guard was possibly on a break and turned up suddenly and asked me to proceed from the left to avoid the partial/broken barrier. I reconfirmed if it was OK to pass and then moved ahead.

*At Hebbalu and Chalageri tolls, the lane does not have any FasTag signage but you will see the guard with a barricade

*At Bankapura, in the Bangalore-Hubli direction, a FasTag lane exists with faded signage but is kept closed

Last edited by NPV : 18th October 2017 at 10:28.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 12:43   #1719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
FasTag worked at all tolls except Bankapur (the attendant told me it will take about 6 months for it to get activated there).
This is strange, Fastag here was working during this year Jan.

I specifically remember this since I had captured a video on my return where a truck got stuck in Fastag lane and took around 10 mins to clear. All this while all other lanes were free.

Infact in Jan when I did Bangalore - Gujarat trip, the only NHAI toll booth where I had to pay by cash was Hubli bye-pass.

However, that was soon after demonetization and cash crunch was an issue then. Guess with that easing up, toll booths are deliberately pushing for cash transactions.

@NPV : Do you have the toll receipt from the booth? If so, can you please confirm if the 'official' name of the booth is Bankapur itself? Based on that will report this issue to Fastag Nodal officer.
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 14:27   #1720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
@NPV : Do you have the toll receipt from the booth? If so, can you please confirm if the 'official' name of the booth is Bankapur itself? Based on that will report this issue to Fastag Nodal officer.
I also faced the same issue at Bankapur toll. I have already written to NHAI and raised grievance at pgportal.gov.in, current status is given below.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20170928_114503.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-bkp.jpg  

airbus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 14:55   #1721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Has someone got the 7.5% cashback which was advertised for fastag?
I received Cashback towards the toll usage for the period 01st - 31st May, 2017 on 1st August.

I received Cashback towards the toll usage for the period 01st - 31st July, 2017 on 10th October.

In both cases, it was 7.5% cashback.
Note - I did not have any Fastag activity on my tag for the month of June.
Hope this helps.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 15:22   #1722
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
This is strange, Fastag here was working during this year Jan.

I specifically remember this since I had captured a video on my return where a truck got stuck in Fastag lane and took around 10 mins to clear. All this while all other lanes were free.
The last 3 tolls on the Bangalore - Kanyakumari route used to work when Fastag was launched. But they are not working now for more than 10 months. Multiple reasons have been given by NHAI on this, but its still not reactivated. Maybe Bankapur toll is also facing the same fate.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th October 2017 at 18:23. Reason: COLOR tags removed.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 08:58   #1723

I got my FasTag in September via Axis Bank and will be using it for the first time tomorrow in Chennai - Trichy sector.
I had 100 Rs originally, and added another Rs 500/- yesterday via Axis Bank internet banking (as a payee, funds transfer)
Android app for FasTag looks fairly useless for existing card owners, as does www.fastag.org

1) Do all of you recharge using "Funds Transfer" option?
2) I got an SMS from Axis Bank this morning about successful recharge to FasTag. Doesn't FasTag send those messages?
3) As i start going through toll plaza, how do I know my balance? Do I need to manually remember?

Regards,
kk

P.S. I didn't search through 115 pages in this thread. Apologies if this is a recurring question. If so, let me know and I'll search
Old 20th October 2017, 09:57   #1724

Hi,
Feels a little strange sending reply to my own question. But, I dont yet have all the answers.
What I learnt is useful for those who got FasTag via Axis Bank

1) Call centre at 1-800-419-8585 is helpful
2) A lady from call centre told me a web site address that I didnt see via Axis Bank web site links. https://etc.axisbank.co.in/ETC/retailroaduserlogin is what one needs to use to login to see balance / see transactions
2) When I tried "First Time User" registration, it said my details are already registered (not sure what I did), so, I was advised to try "Forgot Password" option.
That partially worked
Just that when I clicked on "Generate OTP and send via SMS", I didnt receive an SMS
Lady from call centre suggested to type 123 as OTP and that worked (so much for security)
3) New password creation was smooth, tried to login with that, and it asked me to choose another password, and then, select security questions and answers - it doesnt work. merely says "security questions not saved"
4) Called the call centre again, and another lady suggested to abandon that and attempt and login using the second password.
It worked

The screen layout / navigation is messy - but, I know I have access to my data.

Nutshell,
1) I'll use Axis Bank banking application do an NEFT transfer into my FasTag account (unless some of you can give me a better approach)
2) I'll use the above mentioned URL to see my balance / transactions
3) I hope I'll get SMS after each toll plaza with current balance

Regards,
kk
Old 20th October 2017, 10:17   #1725
BHPian

I procured my Fastag through Paytm yesterday (by paying Rs 500). I am yet to affix the RFID tag on the windscreen of my car. Since I shall be undertaking a long road trip in the near future, I wanted to top up the Fastag with another 500 before I start the trip, but could not find any topup / recharge option. Am I missing something, kindly help please.

Most Viewed