Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2017, 18:18   #1756
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
I have had a terrible experience with PayTM - got my tag 2 months back, and after a dozen calls and emails, its still not activated yet. They just make me email the RC copy (done that for a record 10 times) and nothing good comes out of it.

I am pushing them for a refund now (hoping that refund process would be simpler) - I know ICICI is a longer process, but the tag works from Day 1 and its reasonably convenient with its payments online).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I went through a similar experience with Paytm and all they keep asking is a .JPG of the RC. Crazy. I finally gave up on them. And I'm in the process of trying to get my refund as well.
I had same experience:

- Got a confirmation SMS confirming tag is activated.

- On passing through toll, the system showed it as "blacklisted"

- On calling them they said you need to send RC book etc. Telling any number of times that I have already received "activated" message didn't alter what the "parrot" was saying even a bit.

- After "parrot" route didn't work, tried email. Then again follow up email after a few days of wait.

- Now again I got the same SMS saying my tag has been activated.

I am yet to go to toll road after that, but knowing others' experience, nothing different is likely to happen this time.

I'd also like to apply for refund. Would appreciate if you could share the procedure as well as please post your experience if you have manged to get the refund.

Too mediocre paytm. A big thumbs down to paytm.
Old 28th October 2017, 19:01   #1757
Distinguished - BHPian

Equitas fastag users - how do you get the cashbacks? I am not seeing any for the past 2 months I have using it. Writing to customer care is really slow as they take too much time to respond.
Old 28th October 2017, 19:09   #1758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Equitas fastag users - how do you get the cashbacks? I am not seeing any for the past 2 months I have using it. Writing to customer care is really slow as they take too much time to respond.
Cashbacks are given after two or three months depends upon when NHAI processes it to the tag service provider. This has already been discussed in the thread and is common to everyone irrespective of who has issued your tag. IIRC I havent got the cashback for August till date.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 19:41   #1759
BHPian

Got my paytm FASTag today. Anyone who need the tag urgently, and expect it to get it in 5 or 6 days, need to know that paytm may take more time. Attaching a pic of delivery details.
The tag status is Active (Checked in the paytm account ) even before it reached me. Not yet tried it at toll gates.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_4854.jpg  

Old 28th October 2017, 21:04   #1760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
I had same experience:
- Got a confirmation SMS confirming tag is activated.
- After "parrot" route didn't work, tried email. Then again follow up email after a few days of wait.
- Now again I got the same SMS saying my tag has been activated.
Too mediocre paytm. A big thumbs down to paytm.
I got the tags from PayTm as well.
Delivery time was almost 3 weeks.
Post delivery I didn't receive any intimation that the tag is activated, only +ve indication was that in the paytm account balance there was a new tab "Fast tag" with Rs150 as balance.
I tried the call center, but it took too long to get through to a human.
Sent them multiple notifications via the paytm app, there was no acknowledgement.
After about a month, had to go on a highway trip, and decided to try my luck and was pleasantly surprised to see that it worked.
However, I am yet to receive a notification that the tag is activated.

Last week, after around 2 months I have received an acknowledgement of the complaint and have been informed that a representative will be getting in touch with me shortly.

So, this is like one of those cheap Chinese goods, if it works good luck. I doubt people have the patience it takes to get things resolved.
Old 29th October 2017, 20:45   #1761
BHPian

I got a Fastag from PayTm on 13th October. Today I decided to test it. However, before sticking it to the wind screen, I wanted to confirm that it works. Hence, I used tape to stick the tag as received (without removing the film that holds the adhesive).

At Devanahalli on the NH7 Fastag lane, I pointed to the tag on the windscreen and the guy brought out a hand scanner. He tried to scan it. It did not work. I asked him to scan from inside. Na da.

He then asked me if I procured it from PayTm. On replying affirmative, he said that you need to activate it. I confirmed before starting that the tag is active and stated the same to him. He then said I have to peel off the sticker and stick to the windscreen and only then it would work. I am pretty sure that the windscreen and the sticker are transparent to RF. I then paid cash and moved on since people was already honking behind me.

I will check it again at a different toll before I raise a complaint with PayTm.
Old 29th October 2017, 21:08   #1762
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasnvns View Post
I got a Fastag from PayTm on 13th October. Today I decided to test it. However, before sticking it to the wind screen, I wanted to confirm that it works. Hence, I used tape to stick the tag as received (without removing the film that holds the adhesive).

At Devanahalli on the NH7 Fastag lane, I pointed to the tag on the windscreen and the guy brought out a hand scanner. He tried to scan it. It did not work. I asked him to scan from inside. Na da.

He then asked me if I procured it from PayTm. On replying affirmative, he said that you need to activate it. I confirmed before starting that the tag is active and stated the same to him. He then said I have to peel off the sticker and stick to the windscreen and only then it would work. I am pretty sure that the windscreen and the sticker are transparent to RF. I then paid cash and moved on since people was already honking behind me.

I will check it again at a different toll before I raise a complaint with PayTm.
Get your tag activated. Send a copy of your RC and the fastag Paytm ID to 'fastag@paytm.com' requesting them to activate it.

I have stuck the tag to the windshield using cellophane tape. It read just fine through several handheld scanners and the automatic scanners on the lane. Once, the toll operator handed over the scanner to me and I scanned the tag from inside the car which also worked.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 21:12   #1763
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
He then said I have to peel off the sticker and stick to the windscreen and only then it would work. I am pretty sure that the windscreen and the sticker are transparent to RF.
I have not peeled it yet and used a transparent tape to stick the tag. It works without any issues.
Old 29th October 2017, 21:17   #1764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Get your tag activated. Send a copy of your RC and the fastag Paytm ID to 'fastag@paytm.com' requesting them to activate it.
I did send the RC copy to email id and I did see the status change from Issued to Active after a couple of days.

However, I called PayTm a little while ago and they confirmed that the tag is active or has been activated already. The guy at the other end of the call mentioned that I should not see any issues. He then asked me to try again and call back if it still does not work.
Old 29th October 2017, 21:31   #1765
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I did send the RC copy to email id and I did see the status change from Issued to Active after a couple of days.

However, I called PayTm a little while ago and they confirmed that the tag is active or has been activated already. The guy at the other end of the call mentioned that I should not see any issues. He then asked me to try again and call back if it still does not work.
Can you check with a different toll booth and post back?
Old 29th October 2017, 21:39   #1766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Can you check with a different toll booth and post back?
Yes, will do. That is the plan for either the coming holiday (Nov-1) or next week weekend.
Old 30th October 2017, 08:25   #1767
BHPian

Strangely, 2 issues with my FastTag one after another.
- Last week it deducted 45/- on my 3rd trip on BETL instead of 0/- (raised a complaint but they say it might take 45-60 days to reverse).
- Today morning the BETL side Reader did not read my tag even when I have more than enough balance. The Toll person had to manually remove the barrier.
Edit: It read the tag on return so all good here at least.

@HDFC Tag Bangalore users, Have you received cash back for using the tag only on BETL? I have not received any so far in 2.5 months of usage on the Elevated Expressway.

Last edited by vidyanand : 30th October 2017 at 08:27.
Old 30th October 2017, 08:57   #1768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
I have had a terrible experience with PayTM - got my tag 2 months back, and after a dozen calls and emails, its still not activated yet. They just make me email the RC copy (done that for a record 10 times) and nothing good comes out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I went through a similar experience with Paytm and all they keep asking is a .JPG of the RC. Crazy. I finally gave up on them. And I'm in the process of trying to get my refund as well.
Are you guys sure about the format you are mailing them. Please try PNG format. Even I had uploaded the JPG format the first time. Received a call from them and an email with request for PNG copy. Got the tag in next 4-5 days. Yet to use it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Last 2 round trips (in last 1 month) from Bangalore to Chennai raised a doubt in my mind about the usage of fastags. I have been a fastag user for more than 1.5yrs and encouraged my friends and relatives to take one by demonstrating its advantages. Now I have a serious doubt that fastag is effective and saves time, money, fuel wastage and reduces pollution. Im contemplating not to use it from my next trip onwards.
Wouldn't raising a complaint with NHAI against the specific tolls be a better option?
Old 30th October 2017, 09:12   #1769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Got my Fastag from Equitas on Monday, had applied on Friday afternoon, I currently have the BETL Tag will put the Fastag, once I exhaust the card value of BETL.

Regards
Shailesh
Had to change the windshield after it developed a crack :(, Applied for a new tag on 24th and applied for cancellation of the existing card on same date, till date the card has not been cancelled, and new one is not getting issued because there is an existing active card :(
Pathetic customer service from Equitas, on Saturday they went ahead and rejected my new card application!
Now paying by cash everyday at the toll, till they decide to send me a new one, any idea on how long does ICICI take?
Regards
Shailesh
Old 30th October 2017, 10:53   #1770
BHPian

Guys, I have an ICICI bank issued FASTag in my car and is working as expected. I am planning to sell my car in the coming days and would like to know if there is any option to transfer the balance from tag account to FASTag CUG account. If I apply for tag deactivation, will the money be transformed to CUG account?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks