Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2017, 11:02   #1771
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Guys, I have an ICICI bank issued FASTag in my car and is working as expected. I am planning to sell my car in the coming days and would like to know if there is any option to transfer the balance from tag account to FASTag CUG account. If I apply for tag deactivation, will the money be transformed to CUG account?
I could not find an option to do that when I sold my car but what I did was transferred all the balance ( minimum 100 has to be left in the tag) in the tag to another tag in my account and applied for cancellation of tag. It's been 6 weeks that I have applied for cancellation and the status still says processing .
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 12:08   #1772
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
I had same experience:

- Got a confirmation SMS confirming tag is activated.

- On passing through toll, the system showed it as "blacklisted"

- On calling them they said you need to send RC book etc. Telling any number of times that I have already received "activated" message didn't alter what the "parrot" was saying even a bit.

- After "parrot" route didn't work, tried email. Then again follow up email after a few days of wait.

- Now again I got the same SMS saying my tag has been activated.

I am yet to go to toll road after that, but knowing others' experience, nothing different is likely to happen this time.

I'd also like to apply for refund. Would appreciate if you could share the procedure as well as please post your experience if you have manged to get the refund.

Too mediocre paytm. A big thumbs down to paytm.
Received a call from PAYTM and requested me to update over mail(scanned copy of RC), a test message was received from them to my mailid... I updated copy of my cars RC in PNG format. After uploading the RC copy, I got confirmation from them as SMS that my TAG has been shipped. Also got a mail message with provision to track the TAG. On 5th day I got it delivered. Checked up with my PAYTM account, a new field with a value of 150 allocated for TAG was displayed. To know how to transfer balance from wallet I gave a call to their toll free number. It was clarified at any point of time 150 will be earmarked for the TAG and as when I crossed tolls on deduction, amount will get transferred from wallet balance to the TAG.
I have pasted the TAG in the centre of the Windshield, so that it is covered by the rear view mirror.
Yesterday I crossed Thoppur Toll and Salem Omalur Toll, both Up and Down were breeze and amount was debited for a journey within single day.
Old 30th October 2017, 12:45   #1773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Paytm shipped me someone else's fasttag 😤
The packing is addressed to me. But the contents bear another individuals fast tag.
I have not opened it and hopefully the person who received my tag has not opened it.

Paytm as usual is taking their sweet time to resolve this.
Ordered my fast tag on september 5th.

for members who are willing to take the risk and go the PAYTM way, pray that they dont goof up.

Its the 30th of October and no resolution what so ever.

paytm support has been absolutely useless with respect to this issue and every support representative trying his/her level best to get rid of you of the call by assuring action in 24 hours. It has been 90 days and I dont see any progress what so ever.

The Govt /NHAI should do background checks on such shady companies to see if they actually have the infrastructure to support a national/government project such as FASTAG.
Old 30th October 2017, 15:02   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accentgiri View Post
It was clarified at any point of time 150 will be earmarked for the TAG and as when I crossed tolls on deduction, amount will get transferred from wallet balance to the TAG.
Up to activating the tag everything was same for me. But not the usage. My tag was shown "blacklisted" at the toll plaza for unknown reasons. On complaining I just get the same activation messages once again that I had already got.

Besides this "earmarking" of 150/- is pick pocketing and cheapness by paytm. If you can't use that Rs 150 to pay toll, earmarking simply means they charged you that much extra for the tag.

Is NHAI listening?
Old 30th October 2017, 16:01   #1775
BHPian

Guys, need help with my HDFC FASTag. I had placed an order about 2 weeks back, a few days ago got a message that the tag was issued and activated (the customer ID and wallet ID was also mentioned in the message), but I have not received the tag yet. Tried calling the customer care number but no one answers and it always says busy!
Is there any place in Bangalore where I can go to check the status or is there any other way to contact them?
Old 30th October 2017, 16:07   #1776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
Guys, need help with my HDFC FASTag. [...]
Is there any place in Bangalore where I can go to check the status or is there any other way to contact them?
Tried walking in to a branch? At least here in Indira Nagar there seems to be more HDFC Bank branches than there are panwallahs! :-)
Old 30th October 2017, 16:43   #1777
BANNED

Quote:
Up to activating the tag everything was same for me. But not the usage. My tag was shown "blacklisted" at the toll plaza for unknown reasons. On complaining I just get the same activation messages once again that I had already got.

Besides this "earmarking" of 150/- is pick pocketing and cheapness by paytm. If you can't use that Rs 150 to pay toll, earmarking simply means they charged you that much extra for the tag.

Is NHAI listening?
Why don't you speak to the Toll Free number of PayTM, request for replacement of the TAG. When I enquired with Pay TM they conveyed that money in Wallet can be used for anything and as when required it is moved from Wallet to TAG... As you say, on removing the TAG we will be losing 150/-, whereas in ICICI provision is there to move money from TAG to account. I hope your problems are sorted and wish you a happy FASTAG Toll crossings at the earliest....
Old 30th October 2017, 17:52   #1778
BHPian

Quote:
It works this way. Rs.150 is always maintained in your tag account. When you cross a toll, the corresponding amount would be deducted from the tag account and then immediately the tag account would be topped up with the same amount from the paytm wallet balance. At no point the toll charges are directly debited from the paytm wallet. It is similar to keeping the fuel knob on a bike turned to RES when there is more fuel than the reserve level.
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 21:41   #1779
BHPian

Now UPI option has been added to ICICI recharge list which is more convenient and no additional charges.

Looking at paytm issues, i will stick with my trusted ICICI tag
Old 31st October 2017, 10:41   #1780
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Now UPI option has been added to ICICI recharge list which is more convenient and no additional charges.

Looking at paytm issues, i will stick with my trusted ICICI tag
Today morning for another ICICI TAG when I logged in for recharge, the system doesn't permit me to update the wallet with less than 1000.00 Rs. Earlier I was uploading as I wished, now minimum is 1000.00 Rs. After doing an online bank transfer to the wallet, I transferred 500 Rs to the TAG account.. retaining 500 in the wallet.. Here after it seems I have to shell out every time 1K for recharging my TAG
Old 31st October 2017, 10:51   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
Here after it seems I have to shell out every time 1K for recharging my TAG
Why don't you recharge the tag account directly. It allows to recharge with less than Rs. 1000. Just recharge the tag directly rather than the CUG account.
ckranjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 10:54   #1782
BHPian

Quote:
now minimum is 1000.00
this is true only if you recharge to your wallet(CUG) account. But if you recharge directly to TAG account, then its possible to do 500 as well.
Old 31st October 2017, 10:58   #1783
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
this is true only if you recharge to your wallet(CUG) account. But if you recharge directly to TAG account, then its possible to do 500 as well.
I will try next time after exhausting the 1000 Rs... Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 20:04   #1784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
When you cross a toll, the corresponding amount would be deducted from the tag account and then immediately the tag account would be topped up with the same amount from the paytm wallet balance. At no point the toll charges are directly debited from the paytm wallet.
If you see carefully: "Deducting from tag account and topping it up immediately from wallet" amounts to "deducting from wallet". After you pass through the gate, it's your wallet balance that is reduced not the tag balance.

If you see carefully you have been charged Rs 150 more for the tag as this amount is never usable.

Quote:
It is similar to keeping the fuel knob on a bike turned to RES when there is more fuel than the reserve level.
A bike allows me to consume reserve fuel if I wish. Paytm fastag does not withdraw from the dead balance of 150, if you don't have balance in the main wallet.
Old 1st November 2017, 13:48   #1785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasnvns View Post
Yes, will do. That is the plan for either the coming holiday (Nov-1) or next week weekend.
I went for a drive on the Electronic City express way today to test the FASTag from Paytm. The tag was stuck to the windscreen with normal tape. And it did work both ways.

I got an SMS stating the deduction approximately 15 minutes after passing the toll. However I noticed that it deducted the full amount on the return leg as well. I did not get the benefit of return toll. The FASTag balance is always maintained at Rs. 150. Paytm does it by deducting the wallet balance and replenishing the FASTag balance. I think Rs. 150 was chosen as the amount since it is the max. toll that is levied on an NH. I might be wrong however. Now I am not sure why the tag did not work at the Devanahalli toll.

My experience with Paytm FASTag is mixed. The chronology of events with the order of first tag is as follows:

28-Sep: Ordered FasTag after hearing about it from a colleague.
03-Oct: Got an SMS to register with the RC. I uploaded a PNG copy after reading this thread.
04-Oct: The tag showed up in the Paytm app as issued and with a balance of Rs. 150.
11-Oct: Got a phone call for Paytm toll and an immediate email asking to upload the RC copy in PNG, again. I gave them an earful stating that it was already done.

The tag was due to be shipped latest by 16th October and I planned a travel on 17th. I was not confident that I would receive it in time. So on 12th October, I gave a call to their customer service desk and asked them to expedite. I think that worked.

12-Oct: Tag status turned active and it was shipped.
13-Oct: Received the tag, but my travel got canceled.

However, seeing their response on the phone, I placed an order for another FASTag on 18-Oct.

19-Oct: I was proactive and sent them the RC copy in PNG format.
24-Oct: Got an SMS to register with the RC. I uploaded a PNG copy.
25-Oct: I got a call and an email to upload the RC copy.

The tag still does not show up as issued on the app and the due date to ship in 02-Nov. I gave them a couple of calls on 23rd and 25th just to understand the status of the order. I was told, both times, that it will ship in time.

Fingers crossed on the second tag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks