Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2017, 22:22   #1831
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
Not sure what to make of it! Will have to see if my tag is working at another toll I guess
Tag working and money not getting deducted from tag account is a frequent and regular story heard from many BHPians, especially the Airport return booth (not the Hyderabad return booth). You can flip few pages and read the experiences. And to me it was not just with the tag lane, it didn't deduct even after I entered the next lane (tag lane was shut) and the attendant scanned using a handheld device.

So I am sure your tag is working as designed and will function at other booths. May be try out at BETL as well.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 07:15   #1832
Distinguished - BHPian

Completed a Bangalore - Madurai - Kanyakumari - Rameshwaram - Madurai - Bangalore trip.

All NHAI booths accepted tags enroute. Past Madurai, Fastag lanes were closed, however they used handheld scanner for the same. In all other booths where tag lanes were open, it was an exclusive setup.
mpksuhas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 09:36   #1833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
I think nothing regarding the fastag will be reflected in you paytm account, as your wallet got the refund.
Yes, I don't see anything specific to fastag in my wallet.

Bad luck continues
Getting the below error from Equitas site

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-capture.jpg
Old 8th November 2017, 10:16   #1834
BHPian

Couple of questions after going through this thread,

1. Do we apply with the bank in which we have an account for Fastag?
2. How will this tag work during the return journey scenario?
Old 8th November 2017, 10:24   #1835
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
1. Do we apply with the bank in which we have an account for Fastag?
Not all all necessary. You can apply FASTag from any of the providers irrespective of whether you hold an account with them or not.

Quote:
2. How will this tag work during the return journey scenario?
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Works very perfectly and as expected.

So the first time you pass a booth, it charges one way fare from your account. You return back and pass the same booth before 24 Hours, it will charge only the remaining part to make up for the "return" fare.

So your problem of buying a return ticket is solved here. Earlier one had to plan to return back before its 24 hours (or even 12 in case of few booths in Bangalore). With FASTag, you need not worry on that. So if you had a bought a return ticket and get delayed, you had to again buy a one way ticket. It may also happen that you returned via different route. It is exactly here that the FASTag comes to benefit.

If you return back before 24 hours is when you will be charged appropriately for the return amount else it will deduct full one way fare if you pass after 24 hours as usual.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 10:30   #1836
BHPian

Quote:
Not all all necessary. You can apply FASTag from any of the providers irrespective of whether you hold an account with them or not.
With ICICI there is a one time fee of 200+Tax and a deposit of 500 per class of vehicle. Will this be the same with other providers or is there an cheaper alternative?

Is my understanding right in regards to return journey,
Onward journey fare is 45 and return fare is 55. So 45 (onward) + 10 (return) would be deducted if within 24hrs?
Old 8th November 2017, 10:36   #1837
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
With ICICI there is a one time fee of 200+Tax and a deposit of 500 per class of vehicle. Will this be the same with other providers or is there an cheaper alternative?
I think its just a one time payment of 500 and you get the tag from ICICI with a balance of 200 INR in it. So essentially you are paying only 300 for the tag and the activation. But then, once you start to use that regularly, the cashback on monthly basis ensures you recover this sooner than you realize .

Quote:
Is my understanding right in regards to return journey,
Onward journey fare is 45 and return fare is 55. So 45 (onward) + 10 (return) would be deducted if within 24hrs?
Exactly so and hence I quoted my own post where I have clearly explained how that works.

In simple words - With a Tag, if you cross the same booth within 24 hours (all NHAI booths barring certain city booths like NBTL, BETL), the total amount that you will be charged will be for a return fare that you otherwise would pay by cash anyway.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 11:23   #1838
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Completed a Bangalore - Madurai - Kanyakumari - Rameshwaram - Madurai - Bangalore trip.

All NHAI booths accepted tags enroute. Past Madurai, Fastag lanes were closed, however they used handheld scanner for the same. In all other booths where tag lanes were open, it was an exclusive setup.
So ,all these tolls uses hand held device now? Kappalur(Madurai), Etturvattam (Virudhunagar, Salaipudhur(Kayathar), and Nanguneri.

If so, it would be a relief because for the last one year they had dedicated fastag lanes but fastag was not accepted due to some issue.
Old 8th November 2017, 11:57   #1839
BHPian

Quote:
Parag, are you sure about the 24hrs thing? I thought it was till midnight only. Have you verified this in any of your innumerable highway trips?
Regards
Shailesh
Old 8th November 2017, 12:03   #1840
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
I went to the airport twice in the last few days, thought I would try my new tag and both times nothing happened after going through the FASTag lane. The security guard let me enter and the signal was already green, there was no attendant at the booth either. No message received and no money cut from the wallet. Not sure what to make of it! Will have to see if my tag is working at another toll I guess
Sssshhhhh! Navayuga has not been charging KIAL and BLR-HYD FASTag tolls for many months now
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 12:07   #1841
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Parag, are you sure about the 24hrs thing? I thought it was till midnight only.
Without an iota of doubt. All NHAI tool booths have a 24 Hour window for return journey.

12 midnight is applicable for many booths situated inside the cities and I can recollect mostly Bangalore here - The NBTL booth at Nelemangala and BET booth at EC have cut off at 23:59 Hours for that return ticket that you buy.

Quote:
Have you verified this in any of your innumerable highway trips?
Regards
Shailesh
From one of the many return trips within 24 hours that I have passed the same booth:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-return-toll.jpg

Was charged 60 on Day 1 and when returned passing this same booth before 24 hours, it charged me 30.

Hope this clarifies!

Last edited by paragsachania : 8th November 2017 at 12:08.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 12:41   #1842
BHPian

Need to buy a FASTtag for my second vehicle. Vehicle is still on someone else name and away from my location. I do have the original Registration Certificate of the vehicle.
But all online applications are requesting for current RC owner's KYC document and I don't have it handy now?
Now where and how can I buy / apply for the tag for a delivery to my current residing location (different from RC address)
Also will it help if I got to POS tolls with the vehicle, can they handover the tag instantly and activate it?
Appreciate any leads.
Cheers!
Old 8th November 2017, 12:49   #1843
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Also will it help if I got to POS tolls with the vehicle, can they handover the tag instantly and activate it?
Appreciate any leads.
Cheers!
I learnt recently on this thread that the person at Airport Road toll plaza near Devahanhalli no more issues tags on the spot or rather not issuing tags at all.

However, just call him on 90356-13830.

Apart from that you an also try calling the numbers below for Equitas Tag who delivers this to your doorstep:

Quote:
Procuring Equitas FASTag:

A colleague got his FASTag delivered at doorstep few weeks before. All he had to do was to call one of these numbers and a chap turned up to collect the documents and again turned back to deliver the tag in about 2-3 days.

Attachment 1675742

He drives a car on company lease and earlier the ICICI personnel were asking some additional documents. Here he didn't have to provide anything apart from the usual docs like RC, IF and Address proof.

He told me that he noticed the name of the company under the ownership when he logged into his FASTag account.

Soon after this he drove to Mumbai and back and faced no issues with functioning of the tab anywhere except the usual suspect, Bankapura (FASTag is dead here now).

So anyone wanting to try Equitas, call up those numbers and the feedback on the buying process and functionality I have just mentioned.

Edit: He had reached out to 9844747977 to get his tag.
Old 8th November 2017, 12:52   #1844
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
So ,all these tolls uses hand held device now? Kappalur(Madurai), Etturvattam (Virudhunagar, Salaipudhur(Kayathar), and Nanguneri.
Yes, exactly.

I remember you mentioning earlier that tolls after Madurai was not accepting Fastag due to rain damaging their sensor. Based on that, was ready to pay the toll incase they don't budge on the handheld scanner part. However, at Kappalur toll they called up some person to come with handheld scanner. That guy was few lanes away trying to read details from a truck. So after waiting for few seconds the toll operator let me off without charging anything.

Rest all tolls there were hand held scanner, I guess it was in the toll near to Mahendragiri that the scanner was not working. That guy was trying to re-start it, in the meantime they came up with another scanner and read the tag. Overall, no issues since non tag lanes were also not that crowded.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 13:27   #1845
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Yes, exactly.
Super. Hope they resolve their automated system as well.

Quote:
I remember you mentioning earlier that tolls after Madurai was not accepting Fastag due to rain damaging their sensor. Based on that, was ready to pay the toll incase they don't budge on the handheld scanner part.
Yes, this is what they told me for the last 3 tolls which is managed by the same agent/contractor.

Quote:
Overall, no issues since non tag lanes were also not that crowded.
Yes. mostly these tolls are not crowded except long weekends.

Now, I will for your travelogue to read through your experience in Kanayakumari/Ramshwaram
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks