Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2017, 21:20   #1921
Team-BHP Support

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_k_u View Post
What makes me worry is that my PayTM app (on phone) doesn't have an option to check the history of the Fastg usage yet.
The app does show the Fastag usage. Just that it takes a while for the app to reflect the payments. The delays are as good as the time it takes for the SMS to come.

Go to the app, select Passbook and scroll.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20171205211916774_net.one97.paytm.png
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 22:03   #1922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_k_u View Post
I will keep enough balance in PayTM app so that Fastag gets charged automatically as you mentioned.
What makes me worry is that my PayTM app (on phone) doesn't have an option to check the history of the Fastg usage yet. Hope there would be an option to check this once the Fastag is put in to use.
Please check your Paytm app. Once the Fastag is linked the wallet is divided into normal currency and fastag. One can navigate to Fastag and check the history. You can reach out to Paytm support if your Fastag currency is not showing up. 150 rupees is the default charge in Fastag.
Old 6th December 2017, 09:12   #1923
Senior - BHPian

Based on posts in last few pages, decided to apply via Equitas for Fastag but after online payment their website showed 'service unavailable' message. Amount has got deducted from my bank account but Equitas website status shows payment failure. I have raised a complaint, let's see how soon they revert.

Another thing that I noticed, apparently Equitas website is operational only during banking hours, else it shows error as below.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag_equitaserror.jpg
Old 6th December 2017, 10:02   #1924
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Based on posts in last few pages, decided to apply via Equitas for Fastag but after online payment their website showed 'service unavailable' message.
Sadly, that's the case with Equitas this morning when few of my colleagues wanted to order.

Could be because of high demand that they have deliberately done that? Their banking site however is working without issues and its just the FASTag.

A friend ordered on Monday and yesterday evening the status was ACTIVE and Dispatched.

You can try after sometime, with fingers crossed of course .

Quote:
Equitas website is operational only during banking hours, else it shows error as below.
Are you sure about this? I can easily recollect logging into their site at odd hours to check the status or download the statements and it was all working fine.

Last edited by paragsachania : 6th December 2017 at 10:04.
Old 6th December 2017, 12:08   #1925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Are you sure about this?
This has been my experience for last 3 days. Today morning, even telephonic support on 1800-419-1996 was just playing music & getting disconnected after 35-40 seconds. I managed to speak to someone only after 11:30am.

Update on Fastag application: Person on call center asked me re-apply for tag & pay again. He promised previous paid amount would get added in wallet once tag is active, hope that it does.

Initial experience isn't good for me at least, hope usage experience is much better.
Old 6th December 2017, 14:14   #1926
Distinguished - BHPian

KIAL toll continues to be a net revenue earner. They are regularly charging one-way toll instead of round-trip. Earlier, they were not charging at all!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 15:24   #1927
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
KIAL toll continues to be a net revenue earner. They are regularly charging one-way toll instead of round-trip. Earlier, they were not charging at all!
When was this? Dad dropped me to airport two weeks back and on the return journey he went through the Fastag lane but no charge. So, like Sunny mentioned earlier, we have already recovered investment on Fastag on either of our cars since my SX4 has passed through it four times till date and my Celerio thrice
Old 6th December 2017, 16:10   #1928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Another thing that I noticed, apparently Equitas website is operational only during banking hours, else it shows error as below.
Strange! I have been using for the last 3 months. Never faced this. All my operations, wallet recharges, wallet - tag transfers have been done out of business hours.
--
During a recent trip, Fastag experience has been mixed.

1. One point has been mentioned by Suhas a few posts back about the Fastag lane. It doesnt end there. Each toll has its own convention with numbering the lanes. One is left to right, another is right to left
2. Radar positioning. This is awfully random. Couple of times, it detected just inches away from the boom barrier. In Pallikonda, I had to reverse and move left. Two in Bangalore-Hassan dont even have a auto boom barrier, you have to assume it was detected.
3. If there is a truck, its a total gamble, sometimes they move quickly, most times they are stuck.
4. For the barricaded lanes, the security is daydreaming elsewhere. So if there is less crowd, you end up going slower than cash lanes
Old 6th December 2017, 17:10   #1929
Team-BHP Support

Sharing my experience so far with Paytm purchase.

- I purchased Fastag through paytm app on Nov 27 for INR 500.
- Got a link to update the RC on 29th.
- Got a call on 30th and asked me to email the RC copy to two email id's.
- Again got call on 2nd and when i mentioned i have emailed the same, the guy just confirmed my email id and closed the conversation.
- 12th Dec i received an SMS it's processed and now showing as packed and awaiting for courier to pick up.

Except for the slow timelines, quiet easy the whole process was, for someone who had a Paytm account and some idle money sitting in it

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th December 2017 at 17:12.
Old 6th December 2017, 17:31   #1930
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Sharing my experience so far with Paytm purchase.

- I purchased Fastag through paytm app on Nov 27 for INR 500.
- Got a call on 30th and asked me to email the RC copy to two email id's.
- Again got call on 2nd and when i mentioned i have emailed the same, the guy just confirmed my email id and closed the conversation.
- 12th Dec i received an SMS it's processed and now showing as packed and awaiting for courier to pick up.
Am on the same boat.
- Purchased on Nov 24th.
- Got a link to update the RC on 28th.
- Got a SMS stating it's been activated on 30th.
- No SMS after that. Checked today and it's showing as packed and awaiting for courier to pick up. The dispatch date mentioned is Dec 9th (it's been the same right from the day I purchased this).

You might get it earlier since my location is further South .
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 18:09   #1931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The app does show the Fastag usage. Just that it takes a while for the app to reflect the payments. The delays are as good as the time it takes for the SMS to come.

Go to the app, select Passbook and scroll.

Attachment 1702905
Thanks Gannu and all others responded and shared their experiences. I did go to the 'Passbook' section in the PayTM app. Yes, the FasTAG showed up there.
'Money reserved for next NHAI...' and Rs. 150/- is shown there as well.

Also says 'Seems you haven't done any transaction yet. Go ahead, start using Paytm Fastag' - which is true; I am yet to use it. Looks like I am all set for using the Fastag. Will use it during Christmas holidays and share my experience here.

Thanks everyone for enlightening this ignorant soul

Best Regards,
Sunil.
Old 6th December 2017, 20:15   #1932
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
- No SMS after that. Checked today and it's showing as packed and awaiting for courier to pick up. The dispatch date mentioned is Dec 9th (it's been the same right from the day I purchased this).

You might get it earlier since my location is further South .
I just got an sms and it shows as shipped and should receive by 10th according to the email. Happy since I might have some highway trips coming up where the Fastag would come in handy
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 20:41   #1933
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just got an sms and it shows as shipped and should receive by 10th according to the email. Happy since I might have some highway trips coming up where the Fastag would come in handy
Talk about timing. I too received the sms saying it's shipped and should reach by 13th. I also have a drive to Blore later this month so thought I would buy this.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 20:44   #1934
Team-BHP Support

I have a feeling they are processing as a batch and moving it to shipping, cost wise more effective this way I guess. I guess if it is not urgent this is a good way to procure the tag, just keep a soft copy of the RC card that can be uploaded or emailed. Rating 9/10 for the buying experience so far.
Old 6th December 2017, 21:33   #1935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.. experience with Paytm purchase.

- purchased on Nov 27 for INR 500.
- Got a call on 30th to email the RC copy to two email id's....
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
- Purchased on Nov 24th.
- Got a link to update the RC on 28th.
- Got a SMS stating it's been activated on 30th.
I purchased on Paytm yesterday on Dec 5th morning and received SMS to upload RC details in the afternoon same day! which I did. Now the site says 'we have received vehicle info for your order...'

Where did you the courier status, is it the paytm site?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks