Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2017, 06:43   #1936
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Another thing that I noticed, apparently Equitas website is operational only during banking hours, else it shows error as below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Strange! I have been using for the last 3 months. Never faced this. All my operations, wallet recharges, wallet - tag transfers have been done out of business hours.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20171207-06.38.37.png

And I just logged in to the Equitas account to check the details of the table recently purchased and used for Mumbai trip. Site is working fine and so are the other menu options including wallet recharge.

Hence I don't think they can restrict this to office hours only else it is a catastrophic error.

Last edited by ampere : 7th December 2017 at 21:45.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 07:24   #1937
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any idea on how to recharge the Fastag account on the IOS app. Though I bought the tags from ICICI, I linked my Paytm account here. The only option I am getting is to add money to the Paytm account.

What is the minimum recharge amount for Fastag ?
Old 7th December 2017, 10:25   #1938
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
I purchased on Paytm yesterday on Dec 5th morning and received SMS to upload RC details in the afternoon same day! which I did. Now the site says 'we have received vehicle info for your order...'

Where did you the courier status, is it the paytm site?
Maybe you got lucky since it's midweek. I purchased on a Friday so they might have got lazy due to the weekend.

The courier status can be seen on the order details section. Also, you can go to their site (courier) and track in detail.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_3.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 11:23   #1939
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Now the site says 'we have received vehicle info for your order...'

Where did you the courier status, is it the paytm site?
You have to wait now, they will update again by sms/email and on paytm order page.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 12:13   #1940
BHPian

Bagepalli toll plaza fastag lane closed. The attendant guided me to different lane, the toll agent did not even scan the tag just allowed me to pass but the money did get deducted.
Old 7th December 2017, 13:39   #1941
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
the toll agent did not even scan the tag just allowed me to pass but the money did get deducted.
and this is exactly what I am referring to in the below post. Apart from the FASTag lane you now have dedicated scanners installed at the booth window. While few staff make you pause for a second or two so that the scanning system validates the tag, few others upon seeing the tag just allow you to pass and the barrier opens based on whether the tag is active or not.

Manual scanners are still present, however the fact of the matter as of today is that most toll plazas now have Hybrid lanes where FASTag vehicles can enter and pass without a manual scan albeit the fact that you may have to wait behind cash vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
If not exclusive and dedicated, expect things to be better now. Post Nov 1, a lot of booths that have FASTag got Hybrid scanners in place (not hand held) that you can take risk of entering a non tagged booth and still have it scanned thought the fixed scanner there near the booth window.

Also, I do recall from my last drive to Chennai on a weekday evening where rush hour to return back home ensured I could never get onto the FT lane and manual scan was done.

These days, apart from the manual scanners, booths have the fixed scanners and as per claims (mandates and news reports)they will extend to all the booths.

Last Saturday I drove to Pune and at few booths after Belgaum I took the other lanes next to FASTag lanes as I was instructed and the scanner there worked perfectly as I only had to tell the attendant that I was having FASTag and he punched something on his keyboard. On fact, even before I reached the window I noticed the digital display there mention my class of vehicle "Car/Jeep/Van" which meant things were already in place and automated.

Last edited by paragsachania : 7th December 2017 at 13:40.
Old 7th December 2017, 14:15   #1942
BHPian

If I have a Fastag, is it necessary that I have to take the fastag lane. If that lane has more traffic then can I take any other lane and just pay cash/card?

Is it possible that I pay cash and yet get charged on the fastag as well?
Old 7th December 2017, 14:22   #1943
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
If I have a Fastag, is it necessary that I have to take the fastag lane. If that lane has more traffic then can I take any other lane and just pay cash/card?
By default, unless anyone at the booth directs you, please stick to FASTag lane only for the following reasons:
  • Not all lanes at all booths have Hybrid scanners as of now but they are much better since a month
  • You may be asked to get into the FASTag lane by the booth staff
  • You may pay cash, but it has also happened that the scanner has detected your presence and deducted the amount from FASTag too (Happened to me once) and Arun twice while he had just parked his car next to the booth where he went to a restaurant for a break

Quote:
Is it possible that I pay cash and yet get charged on the fastag as well?
Answered above.

Till we have some sort of official confirmation from NHAI/Media that all lanes are now fully functional with Hybrid scanners, it is always good to take the FASTag lane only.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 10:17   #1944
Distinguished - BHPian

On a lighter note:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fb_img_1512708111759.jpg

Wonder where he fixed the tag .

Courtesy - Ranjit (Facebook)
naveen.raju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 10:26   #1945
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I just got an sms and it shows as shipped and should receive by 10th according to the email. Happy since I might have some highway trips coming up where the Fastag would come in handy
And on last step to delivery, i got an sms mentioning the package is out for delivery. Phew!
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 13:13   #1946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Bagepalli update: While returning to Bangalore today morning, I was in the lane next to the one earmarked for fastag which has been permanently closed for sometime.
As I was taking money, I was told that fastag is working and my car is already scanned.
There was a 'Valid..' display right in front of me. So I suppose there is a scanner in this lane as well. I was allowed to pass.
My account is yet to be debited for this, no SMS as well.
Bangalore-Hyderabad: The (non functioning but free )fastag lane at Devanahalli was blocked today. I was asked to get into a normal lane. On being told that I have a fastag, I was just allowed to pass after he confirmed I have the sticker on my windshield. No scanning ritual in this lane

Bagepalli: Fastag lane is blocked but automated scanning worked in normal lane. Money is also deducted.
Old 9th December 2017, 20:04   #1947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

A friend ordered on Monday and yestes wanted to order.
I placed the order on December 5th evening on Equitas site and the tag was despatched by 6th. The cover containing the tag was delivered at a wrong place by the blue dart courier boy on 7th. Finally after followups with Bluedart Yelahanka, I collected it next day that is on 8th December from the place where it was wrongly delivered.
No other KYC details were asked during registration other than the RC book. Is this the way it is done by every provider now? My friends who had got the tag a few months earlier had given their address proof and id proof then.
Old 9th December 2017, 20:45   #1948
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
No other KYC details were asked during registration other than the RC book. Is this the way it is done by every provider now? My friends who had got the tag a few months earlier had given their address proof and id proof then.
After mine for a friend's car, I made at least 4 place the order via Equitas the same way I did. All were delivered in exactly 2 days.

Just RC book image upload and that's all.
Old 9th December 2017, 22:16   #1949
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea on whether the Kasepalli toll plaza (Bangalore - Hyderabad) stretch has discount for return trip on the same day?

For my return trip on the same day, they have charged 90 + 90.
Old 10th December 2017, 00:11   #1950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Any idea on whether the Kasepalli toll plaza (Bangalore - Hyderabad) stretch has discount for return trip on the same day?

For my return trip on the same day, they have charged 90 + 90.
Yes all toll plazas have the round trip discount. Raise a dispute with your FASTag issuer and it should get refunded in a month.

BTW in Sep the same Toll booth charged me for a Truck
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks