Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2017, 15:13   #1981
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Cashback from IDFC bank is painfully slow. I had used the fastag for my trips in Aug/September and then during Oct, November. I just got the cashback from my trip from Aug/Sep. Is it the same across other banks?
Almost same and I guess its NPCI that processes this for FASTag accounts from all the providers.

Quoting what Arun had posted last month:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I think they don't have any scheduled system for this cash back. Last week I received the cash back for August and yesterday for September.
Also, here is what their FAQ document mentions which may not reflect the reality today including the cashback percentage which is now at 7.5%:

Quote:
Is there any incentive / discount on Toll payments using FASTag?

Customer can avail a cashback of 10% on all Toll payments using FASTag in FY 2016-17. The cashback amount for a particular month will be credited back to your FASTag account within a week of subsequent month.

Last edited by paragsachania : 14th December 2017 at 15:19.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 15:18   #1982
BHPian

I am using the HDFC bank fastag since Sept 29th. No cashback yet and no response from customer care also.
Old 14th December 2017, 15:39   #1983
Senior - BHPian

Was getting an expired password on my Equitas Fastag account. Happened both with browser and app. Before calling, did a Forgot password and reset it with the OTP.

What a 'wonderful' website/app that doesnt even prompt new password when a password expires

Might visit Equitas branch tomorrow for the KYC, let's see what surprises that throws up.
Old 14th December 2017, 15:44   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Cashback from IDFC bank is painfully slow. I had used the fastag for my trips in Aug/September and then during Oct, November. I just got the cashback from my trip from Aug/Sep. Is it the same across other banks?
Cashback is not given by the bank through whom you acquired the tag. Cashback can happen anytime starting a day during next month of usage or even 3/4 months. So much for the backend preparedness and efficiency. Be happy that, sooner or later, it does happen, I have not read about even a single case where cashback did not happen.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 16:01   #1985
Senior - BHPian

Got SMS from Equitas to present original PAN and AADHAAR to the barnch before 31st Dec else Tag will be deactivated. Now I have to go 20 kilometres just to do this. So much for e-Age transactions and cashless economy :(

-BJ
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 17:53   #1986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Got SMS from Equitas to present original PAN and AADHAAR to the barnch before 31st Dec else Tag will be deactivated. Now I have to go 20 kilometres just to do this. So much for e-Age transactions and cashless economy :(

-BJ
Even I got this SMS from Equitas today. Atleast you can go 20 km and get this done but I live in Patna and Equitas has absolutely no presence here
Have mailed Equitas and now waiting for their reply.
Old 15th December 2017, 08:43   #1987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Update on Fastag application: Person on call center asked me re-apply for tag & pay again.
Further update: Received Fastag in 3 days, now need to submit KYC documents in local Equitas branch.

Quote:
He promised previous paid amount would get added in wallet once tag is active, hope that it does.
This amount got credited in my bank account after 7 days.
Old 15th December 2017, 11:26   #1988
BHPian

Closed the equitas fastag as it was not working with my XC90 and more over they sent an SMS for physical verification of documents at Hosur road branch .

All my cars fastag's are with ICICI, called up the Bommanahalli branch and asked them to send over one more tag for my new car ,they obliged and delivered the tag in 24 hours. A guy from the branch informed me that physical verification of documents is not needed as the new fastag is added to same account whose KYC is already done. I made payment via NEFT and mailed them a copy of RC. ICICI tag works with XC90 ( tested at airport toll) but had to stick it outside the windshield towards driver side with the RFID facing outward. I have stuck it using cellotape for now, planning to make it permanent with 3M paint protection film.

Airport dedicated fastag lane is closed again and have to go through regular lanes. They enter car number and the display at toll booth just shows as valid tag. Got an SMS immediately but it was for 85/- instead of 120/- .

Last edited by mjumrani : 15th December 2017 at 11:35. Reason: More information.
Old 15th December 2017, 19:46   #1989
BHPian

I took the delivery of my Innova Crysta on Monday, and I was told it will have FASTag installed as directed by the government. I didn't pay heed to it before, but I saw today that the FASTag is installed behind the rear view mirror and not on the RFID. Does it pose an issue? Do I need to get it rectified by the dealer?
Old 15th December 2017, 20:59   #1990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermensch View Post
I took the delivery of my Innova Crysta on Monday, and I was told it will have FASTag installed as directed by the government. I didn't pay heed to it before, but I saw today that the FASTag is installed behind the rear view mirror and not on the RFID. Does it pose an issue? Do I need to get it rectified by the dealer?
The RFID tag fixed by the vehicle manufacturer will not work with FasTag. That requires a separate tag. So the dealer or the vendor has actually taken the pains to get a FasTag and fixed it at the most common place; behind the rear view mirror.
Old 16th December 2017, 23:03   #1991
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it,

Had my first experience of using the fast tag on highways today and it was disappointing. More like ‘slowtag’.
I passed 5 tolls between Bangalore and Madras via Chittoor. Except for one which worked fine, but I ended up waiting quite a bit because of trucks in the same lane.
The Mulabgal toll was the most annoying. I was let through to the lane which was blocked by a barricade only to be sent to the parallel lane in between which was non fasttag. After waiting my turn I asked the operator about the fasttag and another guy came out and manually scanned the tag. This was annoying since the security without enquiring pushed me to the next lane and I did so thinking the fast tag is not working.
Another one had a non fast tag car in the lane who held up traffic.
Long way to go to make this efficient. They need to keep a dedicated lane for heavy vehicles using fasttag.

On another note , what happens if there is insufficient balance?

Last edited by tharian : 16th December 2017 at 23:15.
Old 17th December 2017, 00:44   #1992
Team-BHP Support

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
On another note , what happens if there is insufficient balance?
The tag shows up as blacklisted?

Happened to me last time. Ran out of funds on the PayTM account but I recharged the account around midnight, the drive happened next day morn and I reached the toll around 8 AM. Scanned using a manual scanner and yet it showed up as a blacklisted tag.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th December 2017 at 02:39.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 00:28   #1993
BHPian

My windshield was replaced, so lost the ICICI fastag. So called the customer care and they told they will send replacement tag, but even after 4 weeks they haven't sent, with repeatedly calling their customer care.

So guys what should i do ?
Get different fastag from PayTM or something ?
Can i get duplicate fastag at toll booths ?

Please suggest?
Old 18th December 2017, 05:08   #1994
Senior - BHPian

On the bangalore Chennai highway last month I noticed trucks seem to clog up the fast tag lanes quite often. If they do use fastag, they don't seem to be really helping. If this increases, then fastag on this highway for personal cars will not be of much benefit.
Old 18th December 2017, 05:51   #1995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
...hope the usage process will be just as smooth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
...Devanahalli toll plaza, ...was a ₹85 deduction from account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post

Airport dedicated fastag lane .... Got an SMS immediately but it was for 85/- instead of 120/- .
I used the fastag yesterday at the Airport toll and it was smooth sailing through, like a VIP.
It was scanned automatically first time around and on the return, using a handheld scanner.
Was a bit apprehensive about how it would work as I have pasted it to the windshield using tape. It worked fine though

Haven't been charged anything on my PayTM passbook yet not even 85/-

Last edited by for_cars1 : 18th December 2017 at 06:00.

Most Viewed