Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2017, 10:08   #1996
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

@Bangalore BETL FasTag Users: Did you ever receive cashback for toll on BETL?
I did not get any for my 4-5 months of use so does it mean the cashback is applicable only on NHAI toll gates?
Old 18th December 2017, 10:14   #1997
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
I did not get any for my 4-5 months of use so does it mean the cashback is applicable only on NHAI toll gates?
I'm not sure if BETL toll has any cashback, I think it is only for NHAI tolls.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 10:32   #1998
Distinguished - BHPian

FASTag installation document : Maruti Suzuki
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20171218_102312.png
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20171218_102338.png
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20171218_102401.png
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20171218_102413.png

Note : Check the detailed PDF document!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FASTag Installation Process.pdf (2.71 MB, 4939 views)
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 13:55   #1999
BHPian

Did a Kolkata to Delhi return trip recently. Left for Delhi on 28th November and returned back to Kolkata on 13th December. My experience with fastag can be summed as below

1. Long queue of trucks in the dedicated fastag lane which has considerably high waiting time as compared to cash lanes. BAD
2. At some tolls, the cash lanes were empty whereas a long queue at the fastag lanes. BAD
3. To avoid the long queue at the fastag lane, I took the cash lane, on showing the staff the fastag sticker, he told his colleague got a portable scanning machine to scan the tag. GOOD.
4. At one place, due to the long queue at the fastag lane, we took the cash lane, the staff there refused to get the portable scanner, hence had to pay cash. BAD.
5. At some places, the boom opened automatically after the sticker was scanned automatically. VERY GOOD
6. At one place, the scanner at the fastag lane was not working. The staff insisted that we pay cash. I told him, give me in writing that the scanner is not working, only then shall I pay cash. He let us go without paying!! BAD for NHAI.
7. At Nawabgunj (while proceeding from Rae Bareilly towards the Allahabad byepass), the toll is charged according to the weight of the vehicle, hence one has to drive onto a weighbridge, the weight of the vehicle is displayed along with the toll tax amount. This was a first time for us. The fastag was also on this lane and there was a huge queue. We took the cash lane on its left. A staff noticed our fastag sticker and told us, please take the fastag lane, I told him there is a huge queue of trucks, it shall be faster if I pay cash. I was pleasantly surprised when he said, why do you want to waste the cashback amount when you have fastag, I shall block the trucks, you get into the fastag lane. WOW
8. Yamuna Expressway does not accept fastag. VERY BAD. We had to shell out Rs 415 in cash
9. SMSs come after a long time, some as long as 12 hours. BAD
10. Some toll plazas had "all lanes fastag" VERY GOOD

To summarize my experience, it is good to see fastag getting popular, but with popularity, comes long queues defeating its very purpose. With fastag becoming compulsory soon, by default, all lanes should be fastag lanes.
ALTIMAed is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 11:12   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Got SMS from Equitas to present original PAN and AADHAAR to the barnch before 31st Dec else Tag will be deactivated. Now I have to go 20 kilometres just to do this. So much for e-Age transactions and cashless economy :(

-BJ
To make matters worse, not all branches of Equitas are equipped to do this. There is a branch in Kasturi Nagar(500 mtrs from my home). But when I visited them, they asked me to go to corporation circle branch, Node branch in their words. So much for Centralized Banking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post
Even I got this SMS from Equitas today. Atleast you can go 20 km and get this done but I live in Patna and Equitas has absolutely no presence here
Have mailed Equitas and now waiting for their reply.
Did you receive any reply from their side?
Old 20th December 2017, 11:40   #2001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Those who have applied FASTag using the online channel from Equitas may get this text message asking you to visit their nearest branch for KYC.
I have not got this message yet, but went ahead and submitted my KYC documents at Yelahanka New Town branch of Equitas bank yesterday.
Was asked to attach a copy of the letter which came along with the tag which presumably has the tag id in it. I was not carrying it, so they gave me an option of attaching the printout of the 'vehicle details' page (which has the tag id) from the equitas android app. Took a screenshot of the page, printed and submitted that along with one copy of DL, RC and aadhaar card, all self attested.
The officer who collected the documents tried to sell a savings bank account which I politely refused.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 11:48   #2002
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
The officer who collected the documents tried to sell a savings bank account which I politely refused.
A colleague visited their HSR Branch last Saturday and said the bank staff was clueless about such a message and the KYC. So they accepted all the documents and said they will send them to the FASTag department. And yes, he said they too tried to sell him a banking account .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I'm not sure if BETL toll has any cashback, I think it is only for NHAI tolls.
BETL is very much part of NHAI and this is the single most reason why despite of BETL having their own RFID system implemented FASTag.

In fact the NH starts right after ascending down the Silkboard flyover.

Similary, even the Airport Road expressway is NHAI controlled, begins just before Esteem Mall when heading out of the city.

If there is no cashback given for many months, it will be for some other reasons but not because BETL alone which is a NHAI road.

Last edited by navin : 20th December 2017 at 12:02.
Old 20th December 2017, 11:55   #2003
BHPian

Highlighting my recent experiences and how i was made to dance for getting a fastag.
I did my research on 1st december for my travel on 22nd december.. and found that banks can issue fastag cards.. great so this is how it went:

1)ICICI Bank : 1st Dec, 2017
I went to their website for fastag. Called up their customer care and they assured me delivery at my doorstep in 7 working days. Great! I signed up and applied.. 7 working days went.. it was around the 12th of december i decided to call them up. The guy said its dispatched and in courier and should reach me in a day or two.
I waited till 16th and tried calling again. I got a shocker when the person at the other end told me it will take 20 more days as per their new policy!

Shocked, i thought i should immediately work on a backup. So i found that HDFC and Equitas issue this at their local bank.. some relief? wrong

2) HDFC Bank : 18th Dec
The HDFC Fastag bank says that in Bangalore, you will get the card at their Richmond Circle. I rushed there with my Aadhar card and all details. I reached the bank and the morons there said "Whats fastag?" Shocked, i pointed them to their website link
https://www.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/common/fastag/pos.html
They had no answer....

3) Equitas Bank : 18th Dec
Getting smart, i decided to first call Equitas bank and ask them if they actually give a Fastag at their bank outlet. The online customer care had no clue if they actually did and asked me to their bank and find out...

4) Google Search : 19th Dec
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...t-how-why.html
I found an offline broker. I called him and he said that he can give me the Fastag activated in an hour. Great.. i rushed with all my details and applied.
I got a call from him at 3pm and he said that since i have already applied at ICICI Bank, the Fastag system is declining my registration with him. He said that it takes 30 mins to get it cancelled by ICICI. So i was back to square one.

I called ICICI up right away and they said it takes atleast 7 working days to cancel a Fastag card at their end...

I am still fighting with the morons at ICICI... have called them up umpteen times and they are trying to prioritise the cancellation...

My thoughts - forget online if you are short of time... (heck i had 3 weeks!). find a guy locally who already has fastag stickers and only has to set it up..

Will updated on my battle later.. .still 36 hours to go!
originalamit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 13:31   #2004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
My windshield was replaced, so lost the ICICI fastag. So called the customer care and they told they will send replacement tag, but even after 4 weeks they haven't sent, with repeatedly calling their customer care.

So guys what should i do ?
Get different fastag from PayTM or something ?
Can i get duplicate fastag at toll booths ?

Please suggest?
Contact the ICICI guy who installed it in the 1st instance. He can issue and activate the duplicate tag in 48 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalamit View Post
2) HDFC Bank : 18th Dec
The HDFC Fastag bank says that in Bangalore, you will get the card at their Richmond Circle. I rushed there with my Aadhar card and all details. I reached the bank and the morons there said "Whats fastag?" Shocked, i pointed them to their website link
https://www.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/common/fastag/pos.html
They had no answer....
I think HDFC has opted out of the FasTag project.
The fastest method to get a FasTag is to locate the physical location of the FasTag department, I mean, in which branch of ICICI bank they are located in. Walk in, meet them, and be happy.
For Hyderabad, they are located in Karkhana Branch of ICICI bank.
Old 20th December 2017, 14:01   #2005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Uh oh... is this confirmed? Just today - as a matter of fact, about 15 minutes before you posted this - I applied for an HDFC Fastag and paid Rs. 300. :-(
Old 20th December 2017, 14:43   #2006
BHPian

I could not find any ICICI bank giving Fastag. Their call centre could not confirm any outlet which issues it here in Bangalore. I was told only online to apply

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Contact the ICICI guy who installed it in the 1st instance. He can issue and activate the duplicate tag in 48 hours.

The fastest method to get a FasTag is to locate the physical location of the FasTag department, I mean, in which branch of ICICI bank they are located in. Walk in, meet them, and be happy.
For Hyderabad, they are located in Karkhana Branch of ICICI bank.
Old 20th December 2017, 15:35   #2007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalamit View Post
I could not find any ICICI bank giving Fastag. Their call centre could not confirm any outlet which issues it here in Bangalore. I was told only online to apply
Pretty much all the early adopters in Bangalore got theirs from the Hosur Road branch. Location: https://goo.gl/maps/B6oZHcfUEaw

You have to go to the back office whose entrance is behind that of the branch. Just mention Fastag at the reception there and they will connect you with the right person.

Take your chequebook, RC (original and copy) and ID/address proofs (originals and copies). The proofs have to be that of the RC owner.
Old 20th December 2017, 16:46   #2008
BHPian

My honest experience - DONT go with ICICI Fastag... they will make you dance like crazy... i have made over 40 calls to them for status.. they dont even have the courtesy to return a call or give you an update on whats going on.. They take your number each time and promise to call back... its really frustrating dealing with them

I am still fighting with them to cancel my card so i can apply elsewhere and they are refusing to do it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Pretty much all the early adopters in Bangalore got theirs from the Hosur Road branch. Location: https://goo.gl/maps/B6oZHcfUEaw

You have to go to the back office whose entrance is behind that of the branch. Just mention Fastag at the reception there and they will connect you with the right person.

Take your chequebook, RC (original and copy) and ID/address proofs (originals and copies). The proofs have to be that of the RC owner.

Last edited by originalamit : 20th December 2017 at 16:49.
originalamit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 16:48   #2009
Team-BHP Support

Just to update used the Paytm Fastag on Monday from Hassan to Blr and it worked flawlessly, all the deductions pops up on the paytm passbook and through SMS to the registered number. I would rate the whole experience of purchase to usage at 4/5 for Paytm.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 17:48   #2010
BHPian

Has anyone tried applying for a fresh tag from PayTM without opening a new account?
I stuck it to the windshield directly and after reviewing a dashcam footage nearly 2 months after sticking the tag, I saw that the tag blocks a portion of dashcam view. Moving dashcam is not an option as it sits in a discreet position now.

On another thought, if I peel it off and reposition it, will it leave behind any residue becoming useless or will it still work?

Last edited by theredliner : 20th December 2017 at 17:51.

Most Viewed