Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2017, 12:28   #2026
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalamit View Post
....my recent experiences and how i was made to dance for getting a fastag.

1)ICICI Bank : 1st Dec, 2017 ....it will take 20 more days as per their new policy!

2) HDFC Bank : 18th Dec ....said "Whats fastag?" ...They had no answer....

3) Equitas Bank : 18th Dec ... The online customer care had no clue

4) Google Search : 19th Dec ....back to square one. ...still fighting with the morons at ICICI... Will updated on my battle later.. .still 36 hours to go!
The indifferent behavior of the above banks towards Fastag clearly shows that they don't see much incentive/profits in providing Fastag services, hence their inefficient behavior and cumbersome process. It clearly shows lack of the respective bank's management support towards FasTag.

On the other hand, organizations like PayTM have much to gain in this cashless process of Toll payment because thats their core business, and hence logically, they would be more user friendly and efficient in facilitating and supporting Fastag.

Based on the above assumption, I chose FasTag and it was a hasslefree process all done on mobile including scanning of the documents and was delivered within 5 days further strengthening my view. So far its been a great experience with PayTM FasTag.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 22nd December 2017 at 12:37.
Old 22nd December 2017, 12:42   #2027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalamit View Post
My thoughts - forget online if you are short of time... (heck i had 3 weeks!). find a guy locally who already has fastag stickers and only has to set it up..

Will updated on my battle later.. .still 36 hours to go!
If you had researched right on this thread, you may have easily learnt that Equitas delivered the tags ordered online in under 48 Hours to most of us.

I was on look out for a tag for a friend's car which we had to drive to Mumbai. I checked this thread few pages back and forth (to see who's got the tag in recent past) and found out many who had got it from Equitas in 2 days.

I decided to take the risk, ordered online on Monday noon, tag delivered on Wednesday noon.

After this I shared my experience here and then to 2 colleagues and 2 friends with one of them based out of Mumbai. Heck, even they got their tags in under 48 hours couriered via Bluedart.

My research started right here and ended right here because this thread itself has plethora of experiences shared, from Day 1 to today and I wonder how you missed it.

I had also mentioned how the folks selling tags at POS locations have also stopped selling it now.
Old 22nd December 2017, 14:42   #2028
BHPian

I recieved following SMS from Axis bank :

Dear Axis Bank FASTag customer, as per the latest guidelines of RBI kindly produce your Original and self-attested copy of ID and Address proof for verification to our nearest branch on or before 31/12/2017 to continue the services on FASTag. You may visit the link bit.ly/Fstag to locate our nearest Axis branch.

When i login to Axis FASTag account it clearly has my Aadhaar linked, is there a need to perform KYC once again ?
Old 22nd December 2017, 15:42   #2029
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
When i login to Axis FASTag account it clearly has my Aadhaar linked, is there a need to perform KYC once again ?
It may a generic SMS send too customers. I been getting the same for SB account though I have already completed the linking.

Also, I guess the deadline for bank account linking to Aadhaar is extended to March end.
Old 22nd December 2017, 15:57   #2030
BHPian

Finally bit the bulllet and ordered Fastag from ICICI website. Was easy to apply. And in 4 days the account has been activated. Got SMS confirming the same. Logged on to the website and saw 200 Rs in my tag balance.

Question I have is will ICICI ship the tag to my address or do I need to visit some bank branch and collect it? Apologies if this had been answered before.
Old 22nd December 2017, 20:09   #2031
BHPian

Equitas KYC update:
Received an SMS sometime back in which it is said that we can update the aadhar details by logging in. I am unable to login now. Have experienced this 'logging in during night time' issue earlier as well. Will try and see later
Old 22nd December 2017, 20:55   #2032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Finally bit the bulllet and ordered Fastag from ICICI website. Was easy to apply. And in 4 days the account has been activated. Got SMS confirming the same. Logged on to the website and saw 200 Rs in my tag balance.

Question I have is will ICICI ship the tag to my address or do I need to visit some bank branch and collect it? Apologies if this had been answered before.
Shipped to your address - no need to visit branch.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2017, 10:05   #2033
BHPian

I ordered fastag from HDFC online. It asked for my details including RC details. Got a letter with my details and a separate one with fastag. Installed it on the car and works fine. The problem is my car is TN registered but my fastag details show TS. How to get this corrected?

I tried calling the number listed but no response. To login online it is requesting Wallet Id. I am unable to find the letter. Is there a way to retrieve the Wallet id?
Old 23rd December 2017, 10:18   #2034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
No. Not confirmed. Just couldn't find their name on NHAI site so assumed they have opted out.
Well, since you scared me I ordered one from Paytm too. Let me see which one comes first.
Old 23rd December 2017, 17:35   #2035
BHPian

Just back from 1500+ Km's round trip from Bangalore to Hyderabad to Vijayawada to Bangalore. Did not face any issues with ICICI fastag installed in my XC90, it was a smooth drive.

Last edited by mjumrani : 23rd December 2017 at 17:39. Reason: More information.
Old 23rd December 2017, 18:36   #2036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Equitas KYC update:
Received an SMS sometime back in which it is said that we can update the aadhar details by logging in. I am unable to login now. Have experienced this 'logging in during night time' issue earlier as well. Will try and see later
Could anyone try this online? I am still unable to log in
Old 23rd December 2017, 19:08   #2037
BHPian

Quote:
Equitas KYC update:
I am unable to login now. Have experienced this 'logging in during night time' issue earlier as well. Will try and see later
Quote:
Could anyone try this online? I am still unable to log in
I just logged in and completed the process and it's pretty straight forward. After logging in a pop up came and asked to fill the aadhar number and done.

Did you receive any reply from their side?[/quote]

Sorry for the late reply. Yes I received reply from Equitas saying I can fill the aadhar details online by logging into their website.

Last edited by AnkitAnimesh : 23rd December 2017 at 19:10. Reason: Missed a point.
AnkitAnimesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2017, 21:48   #2038
Senior - BHPian

I was able to update the Aadhar online with Equitas.

However while I was returning from the airport, it didn't work and toll booth attendant said it was blacklisted, I guess due to insufficient balance.
The last I checked, it had 165, but I guess 100 needs to kept as minimum.

Now when I try recharging it, it says failure. Do I need to contact them or wait before I try again?
Old 24th December 2017, 13:12   #2039
BHPian

I too updated my aadhaar details online (Equitas)
As you login there is a pop up asking you to update Aadhaar details
Old 24th December 2017, 21:05   #2040
BHPian

Would like to share some experiences from my Pune - Tithal - Pune journey with Paytm Fastag.

- Firstly (wrote this before on this thread) Paytm is cheating by adding Rs 150 to your fastag wallet as reserved fund, since you can never use that amount. They should rather be up front in declaring their cost Rs 150 higher. Wrote to paytm to no avail. Wrote to NHAI officer who advised to file a pgportal complaint, which I shall be doing soon.

- Wanted to add adequate amount to the wallet before the journey and was looking for a website that would let me calculate total toll cost given two points. To my surprise http://tis.nhai.gov.in/, which exists for the same purpose, shows 0 toll between Pune and Mumbai! There are some third party sites that show correct toll, but they force you to register etc or allow very limited unregistered usage.

- In above journey I found that tolls at Vashi and Dahisar still do not support Fastag. But the persons there said they are working on it and would enable it soon. One of them said "on 26th" (I guess he meant of Dec 2017!)

- On Pune - Mumbai expressway the tag worked properly only once in each of the to and fro journies. They just allowed to pass through at the second toll although actually did not deduct any amount. So I got away paying just Rs 138 in both the journies instead of normal Rs 230! I think the systems are still not very stable and these problems should be sorted out. They are at least generous enough to not bother fastag holders for their system problems by letting them go.

- At one of the tolls (I think Charoti), the RFID scanner was portable. It wasn't ready at the booth. The person ran to some other booth swiftly, scanned it by holding near the windshield and allowed me to go. When I cross checked at the end of the day, no toll had actually got deducted here! Another instance where they are either not realizing system issues, or are generous to waive it if their system doesn't work.

- My return journey at Khaniwade toll happened within 24 hours of my onward journey though on the subsequent day. I always thought that the return journey discount applied only on the same calendar day. Had it been a manual payment, I'd not have bothered showing him the stub of last day. But the system deducted Rs 35 only as against Rs 65 on onward journey. Another benefit of Fastag...

- At most of the toll plazas you have to spot the Fastag lanes. Sometimes if you have tall vehicles ahead it's slightly difficult. Particularly if you realize it late, it becomes very difficult to change lane later. I think they should equip all booths with Fastag readers.

- Overall penetration of Fastag still appears very low, with majority of the drivers still paying in cash. I think they should once experience the convenience and they would never look back.

- There is supposed to be some discount on payments made using Fastag. I do not know how it works, may be it will get added to paytm wallet in a few days or so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks