Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2018, 19:12   #2206
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
And mine got scanned when I parked in a hotel parking next to the toll . Later I raised a ticket and got the refund.
Your instance is a classic example for this whole thread! I end up referring to your post many times here. What a blunder!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 17:32   #2207
BHPian

Quote:
And mine got scanned when I parked in a hotel parking next to the toll . Later I raised a ticket and got the refund.
OMG! let me raise a ticket. I am less hopeful with my duplicate deduction ticket raised in 2017 June is still open
Old 19th January 2018, 11:17   #2208
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Fastag RFID for our WagonR - Since I already have one for the Dzire, I wanted to get another one from ICICI so that I can manage the tags with a single account/login.

Contacted Srinath who was handling the POS sales earlier. He said he is not working with Fastag anymore and gave me the number of another person who was in Tumkur (guess he works at the toll plaza or manages POS sales of FasTag there).

When I contacted him, he recommended going with HDFC as the process would be faster and wanted to know how many tags I wanted!

When I told him I wanted an ICICI Fastag only, he said he will call me back in a day but never heard from him again (I think he was more interested in bulk tag sales).

I wasn't in a hurry to get the tag, so looked up the website, and decided to try the SMS option:
ITOLL(Space)PIN Code(Space)Name to 5676766.

Will update the thread soon on how this goes.
Old 19th January 2018, 11:24   #2209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Contacted Srinath who was handling the POS sales earlier. He said he is not working with Fastag anymore and gave me the number of another person who was in Tumkur (guess he works at the toll plaza or manages POS sales of FasTag there).
Srinath stopped being the contact for tags many months ago. I also had called him recently and he said he doesn't sell it anymore at KIAL toll. I think many have also mentioned that here on this thread.

Do let us know how your process goes. Will be helpful to many.
Old 19th January 2018, 11:41   #2210
BHPian

Travelled to Kollam, via Madurai, Dindigul, Tenkasi, Thenmala, Fastag was working in all the tolls, most of them had a guard manning the entry of the fastag.

At 2 places, the tag was manually scanned, in one of the booths the attendant gave the gun to me to scan from the inside!! I definitely saved close to 30 to 45 minutes each way thanks to Fastag.
Old 19th January 2018, 12:27   #2211
BHPian

Quote:
Fastag RFID for our WagonR - Since I already have one for the Dzire, I wanted to get another one from ICICI so that I can manage the tags with a single account/login.
==========
Will update the thread soon on how this goes.
I applied online in Sept 2017. I went to ICICI Fastag Website, clicked on Apply Now button. I filled in my information, and I got an application ID. In a day or two Nagesh called from ICICI team. He asked me to send the document proof (Vehicle RC copy, ID proof, Address proof) via WhatsApp. I sent those documents, then I kept in touch with him on the status. After about 10 days, he said your account is opened, then I was assigned a tag. He collected the tag and then sent it to me by courier. I finally received it after 15 days from the date I applied online.

I hope you can do the same for your second car, but I don't know if the site has a facility to recognize that you already have an active Fastag account, so you just need a new tag for the second vehicle, linked to the same account. Perhaps you can mention that to the agent handling your online application.

Last edited by GTO : 19th January 2018 at 22:48. Reason: typo
rvlkiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 12:45   #2212
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlkiran View Post
I finally received it after 15 days from the date I applied online.

I hope you can do the same for your second car, but I don't know if the site has a facility to recognize that you already have an active Fastag account, so you just need a new tag for the second vehicle, linked to the same account.
I used the SMS option and within a week everything is done - tag has been assigned, activated and shows up in my account, but I haven't received the tag physically yet - it will be either delivered in person tomorrow or couriered. Just waiting to receive it before I post the details of the entire experience here.
ICICI fastag account is linked to a "Customer ID" and that can be linked to multiple Tags, so now when I login I can see both tags. Recharges can also be done to each of these tags but the portal isn't very intuitive when doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Do let us know how your process goes. Will be helpful to many.
Yes Parag, waiting to actually receive the tag before posting the experience with a timeline so that it can help others also understand how (and how soon one can get the tag) this works.

Last edited by NPV : 19th January 2018 at 12:49.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 13:01   #2213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Parag, waiting to actually receive the tag before posting the experience with a timeline so that it can help others also understand how (and how soon one can get the tag) this works.
Thank you! I am now keen to know one more thing. How does transfer of Tag from current Vehicle registration number to another number (car being same) work.

A friend who's Ecosport we drove to Mumbai paid up the MH RTO Road Tax yesterday and will soon be allotted an MH Registration number in another 45 days (I said soon :-)) .

While ordering the FASTag, I happily did for him via Equitas that delivered in 2 days without hassle but its their customer service experiences that I read here which is totally in bad state as many don't even know what FASTag is.

In fact, even their recent KYC text messages had made into this thread and the experiences of each one was far from satisfactory.

If he has lesser balance, I would want him to use it all, forget the threshold of 200 and apply for a new one from ICICI or PayTM which have better Customer Service.
Old 19th January 2018, 17:31   #2214
BHPian

Fastag is enabled in all lanes in Attibelle toll and they also have a dedicated lane for fastag.
dhandapanik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 17:44   #2215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A friend who's Ecosport we drove to Mumbai paid up the MH RTO Road Tax yesterday and will soon be allotted an MH Registration number in another 45 days (I said soon :-)) .

If he has lesser balance, I would want him to use it all, forget the threshold of 200 and apply for a new one from ICICI or PayTM which have better Customer Service.
Check if you can have multiple fastags associated with one main account. ICICI has such a provision and I'm sure Equitas will have it as well. Your friend will have to issue a new tag linked to his account and then ask to delete the first tag.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 17:53   #2216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Check if you can have multiple fastags associated with one main account. ICICI has such a provision and I'm sure Equitas will have it as well.
Equitas has too. I remember as I only was managing his account since the day I ordered till another few days. It has got a similar wallet concept where you add money first and then from the wallet you update it for a particular tag listed in that account.
Quote:
Your friend will have to issue a new tag linked to his account and then ask to delete the first tag.
This means he will still have to buy another tag. My query was if someone has successfully managed to link the tag to a renewed vehicle registration number.

But yes, this one seems like a good option.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 19:12   #2217
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This means he will still have to buy another tag. My query was if someone has successfully managed to link the tag to a renewed vehicle registration number.
I'm not sure if the vehicle registration alone can be updated in the fastag database. If that can't be done, you can do a balance transfer between tags.

Looking around on the ICICI fastag portal I saw a balance transfer screen that allows you to select source and destination tags for the balance transfer.
You can select one of your tags linked to your customer id (if you have more than one) as the source and for the destination tag you can select another tag that you have (provided it is not selected as source!). Additionally, there is a search facility to search by tag # and vehicle registration number, so I'm guessing this can be an option. However, I'm not sure if the searches are restricted to other ICICI tags, possibly not.

Also wondering how/when does one get back the refundable deposit ?

Last edited by NPV : 19th January 2018 at 19:13.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 02:13   #2218
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I remember that.

Is this Tanguturu N5 food plaza ? I parked in the same spot and same style in September when I was doing Hyderabad-Chennai. Just went in to my account and checked. Glad, no duplicates.
Old 20th January 2018, 09:36   #2219
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure if the vehicle registration alone can be updated in the fastag database. If that can't be done, you can do a balance transfer between tags.

Looking around on the ICICI fastag portal I saw a balance transfer screen that allows you to select source and destination tags for the balance transfer.
You can select one of your tags linked to your customer id (if you have more than one) as the source and for the destination tag you can select another tag that you have (provided it is not selected as source!). Additionally, there is a search facility to search by tag # and vehicle registration number, so I'm guessing this can be an option. However, I'm not sure if the searches are restricted to other ICICI tags, possibly not.

Also wondering how/when does one get back the refundable deposit ?
ICICI NEFTed the balance and deposit to my bank account after I applied in their prescribed form for cancellation of tag and closure of account due to sale of car. Took 4 days or so. This was in Jan 2017.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 10:56   #2220
Distinguished - BHPian

Tried the no cost BHIM UPI recharge from my Citi account to my ICICIB FASTag account. Worked like a flash and tag was recharged in 2 minutes flat.

Most Viewed