Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2018, 12:13   #2221
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
ICICI NEFTed the balance and deposit to my bank account after I applied in their prescribed form for cancellation of tag and closure of account due to sale of car.
Can you elaborate on the process and how you initiated it ? Online/via phone ? More details will definitely help.

Last edited by NPV : 20th January 2018 at 12:18.
Old 20th January 2018, 12:31   #2222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
My experience of getting FasTagged in Hyderabad

19th January :
1) 11:35 am : I messaged a fellow TBHPian, "Gajadonga", and took the number of the ICICI FasTag guy who had processed his application last year in June. I then called the ICICI representative Bhanuchander on +91 83 418 30 271 and told him that I want to cancel the account of my old car as I have sold it and also want a new account for my new car. He asked for my location and told me that his colleague is soon headed in the same direction and that person will contact me.
2) 12:29 pm : Shiva called me from +91 98 662 38 244 and took my address and told me he will reach in maximum 2 hours.
3) 13:51 pm : Shiva called me from my building's gate and came in. Filled the closure form for my old car (sold) and also the form for a new account for my new car. He asked me if I hold an ICICI account, I should issue cheque from that bank for faster processing. I did have an account so issued an ICICI cheque. He left thereafter with the application form.
Note that I had already kept ready one passport photo of self (owner), xerox of RC of the car, xerox of driving license (of owner), xerox of Aadhaar card (of owner) which I handed over after duly certifying them by countersigning at bottom.
Caution : Use only black ball point pen for signing and filling the application (Shiva was carrying the pen).
NOTE : Since the earlier account was on my father's name and new account on my name, I had to go through closure and new account route, else, he would have just added the new car to the earlier account and deleted the old car, a fairly simple process but valid only if the owner name was same.

21st January :
1) 15:26 pm : I got an SMS from ICICI giving me my FasTag Account Number. Saw it at 19:15 pm.
2) 19:35 pm : I created my online login ID and logged into the FasTag website. My details are properly captured, account number, tag number, tag serial number, car number, mobile number, address, email are all correct and also the prepaid balance is reflecting correctly.

All that is pending is for Shiva to come over and affix the tag, maybe on monday.

Could not have been a smoother and convenient process.

All in Hyderabad interested to get FasTag may just contact Shiva or Bhanuchander for getting FasTagged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Can you elaborate on the process and how you initiated it ? Online/via phone ? More details will definitely help.
Quoting the whole post on the process. Sorry, it is long and will cause inconvenience to readers on the mobile app.
The refund came to my father's bank account through NEFT. No follow up.
If in Hyderabad, Bhanu Chander is the guy to call. Super efficient.
Old 20th January 2018, 16:46   #2223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I'm not sure if the vehicle registration alone can be updated in the fastag database. If that can't be done, you can do a balance transfer between tags.

Looking around on the ICICI fastag portal I saw a balance transfer screen that allows you to select source and destination tags for the balance transfer.
You can select one of your tags linked to your customer id (if you have more than one) as the source and for the destination tag you can select another tag that you have (provided it is not selected as source!).
I changed my car's registration from HR to KA. Applied on their website to "add tag account" and added the KA registration number yesterday. Till now it's showing as "pending yag accounts". How long does it take to add a tag account?
Old 20th January 2018, 18:47   #2224
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
I changed my car's registration from HR to KA. Applied on their website to "add tag account" and added the KA registration number yesterday. Till now it's showing as "pending yag accounts". How long does it take to add a tag account?
I think that Add tag account option in the portal is incorrectly showing up for everyone, it should rather be used by the ICICI admin/back-end teams!

I'd suggest you call ICICI fastag customer service and find out if your vehicle registration number can be updated since it is essentially the same car with a new number. If it cannot be done, and they insist on a new tag you could initiate purchase of a new tag by filling out the form online on the icici Fastag website or send an SMS as mentioned on their website. Do mention your existing customer id so that the new tag is also linked to same account. After getting the new tag, transfer your balance (if any) to the new tag and close the old tag and they will refund the ₹200 deposit. In case you haven't done a balance transfer, the balance amount will also be refunded via NEFT along with the refundable deposit, look up hyd_travelers posts where he mentioned about the same.

Last edited by NPV : 20th January 2018 at 18:49.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 10:12   #2225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
OMG! let me raise a ticket. I am less hopeful with my duplicate deduction ticket raised in 2017 June is still open
My last 2-3 tickets were closed in quick time including this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayHopper View Post
Is this Tanguturu N5 food plaza ? I parked in the same spot and same style in September when I was doing Hyderabad-Chennai. Just went in to my account and checked. Glad, no duplicates.
Yes, its the same one. Maybe they would have done some changes later. I faced this issue during April 2017.
Old 22nd January 2018, 10:13   #2226
BHPian

I have been using Axis Fastag for few months now, so far experience has been smooth except for unauthorised debits with absolute no explanation.

They do take service requests but close such tickets with one line response which reveals less or no information. I am inclined to closing this fastag account and moving to PayTm tags.

Any Axis/Fastag users here who can help me understand these transactions better? They have debited Rs 245 in a day (non usage day) with some cryptic narration.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fstg.png  

Old 22nd January 2018, 12:00   #2227
BHPian

I have been using PayTM fastag for sometime and had good experience until yesterday. I drove from Bangalore to Mumbai and had terrible experience with Fastag not being detected on KA side (last weekend I had been to Goa on the same stretch and had no issues at all).
- First is the usual need to take car back and forth for detection while seeing cash payers zooming past ahead in adjacent lane
- Secondly and this is particular to Hebbalu toll where I noticed that tag was being detected as Invalid, in spite of me having a good balance in wallet. As I was stuck there for more than few minutes, I just gave into the excessive honking from behind and paid cash and moved on, only to get a message after 20 mins about deduction from wallet
- The MH side detection was breeze but the lines where much bigger due to lorries
- I again double paid on Pune Expressway where I noticed Fastag lane being crammed and took normal lane and paid cash, only to get message again after 20 minutes about deduction

I am clueless as to how to go about complaining about this issue and claim refund. Fastag can be boon sometimes but this time it turned out to be BANE for me

Last edited by tsk1979 : 24th January 2018 at 09:53. Reason: formatting
Old 22nd January 2018, 12:06   #2228
Senior - BHPian

Reading all the reviews, I wonder if anyone has owned a fastag with zero problems without the need to constantly monitor your account or nervously approach toll gates hoping things will work out.
The system needs a lot of improvement before people can be guaranteed to have a hassle free fastag experience. I've taken the plunge and am waiting for my fastag from Paytm and hope to have a reasonably decent ownership experience.
Old 22nd January 2018, 12:14   #2229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Reading all the reviews, I wonder if anyone has owned a fastag with zero problems without the need to constantly monitor your account or nervously approach toll gates hoping things will work out.
The system needs a lot of improvement before people can be guaranteed to have a hassle free fastag experience. I've taken the plunge and am waiting for my fastag from Paytm and hope to have a reasonably decent ownership experience.
I have not had much of a problem. The secret is to approach the E-toll slowly to allow the machine to reach. When I have faced difficulties are only when the entire system has gone down
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 12:43   #2230
BHPian

Quote:
Me, me, me

Not sure if I was plain lucky. Have not had any problem in a couple of trips I have taken in the last two years, across Hyderabad road, Hosur road, Hassan road.

If fastag is not working for some reasons I have plainly refused to pay and move ahead without paying any amount.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 15:40   #2231
BHPian

Quote:
The system needs a lot of improvement before people can be guaranteed to have a hassle free fastag experience.
Unless you consider paying cash at a toll where FasTag was not working is counted as a problem (not the same as paying cash and to find tag being debited), I have zero problem. Be it with tag detections, backend dealing with ICICI, debits and cashbacks. I am using Fastag since May 2016.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Me
Not sure if I was plain lucky. Have not had any problem in a couple of trips I have taken in the last two years

If fastag is not working for some reasons I have plainly refused to pay and move ahead without paying any amount.
I have never done so unless the toll operator allowed me free passage.

I have never been debited at Hoskote till date (while entering Bangalore).

The smoothest passage at a toll using fastag making it the fastest crossing has been at Bagepally in Anantpur direction. Had to slow down only enough to the extent I cared abut my car going over the speedbreaker, which must have been 30kmph.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 17:57   #2232
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When it comes to problems due to incorrect transactions, I guess I've been very lucky, haven't had a single incorrect/double transaction since I got the tag in October 2015

The tag has worked automatically at most fastag enabled tolls with the dedicated/hybrid lanes and always worked with the hand held scanners. Couple times I've seen the invalid tag/blacklisted tag at the toll near karumathampatti on NH 47 (even when there was sufficient balance).

Few times I've also been let off without paying cash when the dedicated lanes did not work. A few times when I paid cash (on the Bangalore-Hassan route) did not receive any additional/double charge via the 'automated' system.

Last edited by NPV : 22nd January 2018 at 17:58.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 18:19   #2233
Senior - BHPian

I too (touchwood) had zero issues till date with Fastag on mutiple outstation trips. If it is working for others it works for me as well.

On a different note, I had received multiple sms from Axis in Nov/Dec to submit KYC documents to an Axis Bank Branch by 31 Dec to keep it active. However none of the branches were aware of the same. Today morning had gone to drop my wife off at the airport and it still worked. Did anyone else get this sms and if yes what did you do about it ?
Old 22nd January 2018, 20:54   #2234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I too (touchwood) had zero issues till date with Fastag on mutiple outstation trips. If it is working for others it works for me as well.

On a different note, I had received multiple sms from Axis in Nov/Dec to submit KYC documents to an Axis Bank Branch by 31 Dec to keep it active. However none of the branches were aware of the same. Today morning had gone to drop my wife off at the airport and it still worked. Did anyone else get this sms and if yes what did you do about it ?
Yes I too received similar SMS from Equitas Bank, however I too found that my tag is still active and is working perfectly.

I had already uploaded all the required documents at the time of registration and my KYC was also approved by the bank. I am not sure why did that message came to me and no one at the bank were having any kind of information on this.
meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 00:05   #2235
BHPian

I am using PAYTM FASTAG and no issues faced till now. Only problem is delay in wallet debit. Sometimes got debit SMS after few hours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks