Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2018, 11:04   #2266
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Did you get the SMS asking you to upload the RC book? Also, any progress in the order tracking page? If there isnt any progress after your purchase, then there is a problem. Their customer support isnt very responsive but I guess there are alternate numbers somewhere in this thread. Maybe Suhas can help you out.
I got the SMS and uploaded the RC accordingly. Got another call from them after a week or so, requesting me to send the RC again to an email id. Even after doing so, no go! Here is what the tracking page shows:
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2018, 13:08   #2267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I got the SMS and uploaded the RC accordingly. Got another call from them after a week or so, requesting me to send the RC again to an email id. Even after doing so, no go! Here is what the tracking page shows:
The way Paytm is handling the Fastag allocation process is pathetic and horrible. Their customer service is at record levels of irregularity. Till now I have ordered Fastag four times with them and every time I have uploaded my RC in .jpg format. After a week of my dispatch dates were passed, my orders were cancelled. Now my fifth order is in progress .
Old 2nd February 2018, 15:00   #2268
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Now my fifth order is in progress .
Any specific reason to persist with PayTM ?
Why don't you try other options like ICICI Fastag ? I think hyd_traveller had posted details of an ICICI Fastag contact at Hyderabad, look up earlier posts.

EDIT:Please see this earlier post by hyd_traveller - Link (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

Last edited by NPV : 2nd February 2018 at 15:04.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 15:19   #2269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Any specific reason to persist with PayTM ?
Thank you. Please correct me If I am wrong.
I have observed that banks are charging for recharging the Fastag account. This is what I have considered PayTM as advantage over the rest.
Sorry for my ignorance, If I am wrong.
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 16:23   #2270
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have observed that banks are charging for recharging the Fastag account. This is what I have considered PayTM as advantage over the rest.
The charges for ICICI Fastag recharge are listed here

*UPI charges are lowest
*If you have an ICICI Retail or Corporate account (with internet banking), Fastag recharges are free (though it's not mentioned explicitly in the above page)

-----
Recently, my account was locked out after few unsuccessful attempts at logging in, so called ICICI Fastag customer care for the first time in more than 2 years after I got the tag . Took them less than a minute to unlock the account after which I was able to login.

Last edited by NPV : 2nd February 2018 at 16:31.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 17:51   #2271
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Their updates are really slow but the SMS would be the best option to track the progress. Sending the RC copy via email wont work I guess. I had tried that initially. Only when I followed the link via SMS, it was successful.
Old 3rd February 2018, 10:44   #2272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After a week of my dispatch dates were passed, my orders were cancelled
This is exactly what happened to me as well. A week after my supposed dispatch date, I get an SMS that my order has been canceled since I did not upload my documents. What a load of BS! I am not going ahead with them any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Any specific reason to persist with PayTM?
Since I am a regular paytm user, I thought recharge etc. would be very easy and seamless. But with this experience, I have decided to give it a miss.

Folks - based on the discussions so far, what is the best option (other than paytm) to have the fastag delivered at home?
Old 3rd February 2018, 11:00   #2273
Senior - BHPian

After long queues, glitches in software haunt FASTag
Old 3rd February 2018, 13:48   #2274
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Folks - based on the discussions so far, what is the best option (other than paytm) to have the fastag delivered at home?
To get a quick idea, please read the opening post of this thread which summarises the options and procedure. I haven't had any issues with ICICI fastag in 3 years or so and also recently got a second tag for the Wagon R.
Old 3rd February 2018, 17:25   #2275
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
I applied online for an HDFC Fastag
This has finally been delivered today. The experience with HDFC has been hassle free. Seeing the number of people frustrated with paytm, I was expecting something similar but it turned out to be good. I will pick it up when I travel to my hometown later in the month.
Old 3rd February 2018, 21:04   #2276
BHPian

Quote:
The way Paytm is handling the Fastag allocation process is pathetic and horrible. Their customer service is at record levels of irregularity. Till now I have ordered Fastag four times with them and every time I have uploaded my RC in .jpg format. After a week of my dispatch dates were passed, my orders were cancelled. Now my fifth order is in progress .
The process has not completed yet but I have had better luck with Paytm so far. Ordered Fastag from Paytm mall on Wednesday, received SMS to upload RC on Thursday, uploaded it the same day, received shipping notification on Friday, estimated to be delivered on Monday. That's far quicker than I hoped. Not sure if I have to wait for an agent to install or I can go ahead and install it myself.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 3rd February 2018 at 21:06. Reason: Corrected typos
Old 4th February 2018, 10:03   #2277
BHPian

Quote:
The way Paytm is handling the Fastag allocation process is pathetic... Till now I have ordered Fastag four times with them and every time I have uploaded my RC in .jpg format. After a week of my dispatch dates were passed, my orders were cancelled. Now my fifth order is in progress .
Erm,they do mention that the RC copy has to be in PNG format. Atleast iny case, somebody from Paytm called me to resend with PNG. Until that it was taking a lot of time. With PNG file format sent to them,I got the fastag in a week.
nijelj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2018, 12:35   #2278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Erm,they do mention that the RC copy has to be in PNG format. Atleast iny case, somebody from Paytm called me to resend with PNG. Until that it was taking a lot of time. With PNG file format sent to them,I got the fastag in a week.
Is that so? I uploaded a PDF file just this Thursday and my request was approved and the tag was shipped the next day. They system also didn't warn me when uploading a PDF file. Now I wonder even if I receive the tag whether it will be activated or not.
Old 4th February 2018, 19:32   #2279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
There was no such mention on the portal I used to upload the info - register-fastag.paytm.com. Where did you get this info from?
Old 4th February 2018, 21:01   #2280
Distinguished - BHPian

Attibele toll now has a board saying "Fastag activated in all lanes". I have not seen this in other tolls though.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20180204_162057584.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed