Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2018, 15:46   #2506
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
AXIS Bank FASTAG KYC Process

If you are not an existing customer, visit a nearby branch. Expect Bank officials to know nothing about fastag or KYC process related to these tags. Call customer care at 1800-4198-585 and seek help from their on call support executive to help the branch officer (they usually give inputs in terms of process, tools to be used with some bank-specific keywords). After enlightening the branch official, handover copy of aadhaar , pan, photograph, print out of road user profile page(this page has details related to tag, wallet, and vehicle), a picture of the tag (use apps like Office Lens to convert to PDF and take print).
Ask me about this trauma. I followed up and finally gave up and after that ordered HDFC bank tag which arrived in a week. Using it happily. AXis bank fastag KYC is a Tedious process if you don't have an account with them.
Old 19th April 2018, 16:34   #2507
Distinguished - BHPian

ICICI Fastag now has recharge through UPI option.
UPI recharge was present earlier too, but now the difference is we can recharge via UPI without even logging in to our account.
Just open any UPI app and pay it to the upi ID netc.<10-digit vehicle number>@icici
That's it! I'm loving it.
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 19:57   #2508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
ICICI Fastag now has recharge through UPI option.
Thanks for sharing Hemant. Just added UPI beneficiary and it worked like charm. Wonderfully quick I would say!!!
Old 21st April 2018, 21:20   #2509
Senior - BHPian

Read in the newspaper a few days back that the NHAI is planning to launch an app for toll payments. I'm not aware of the specifics but it had some feature to link to your bank a/c / wallet / credit card to enable auto deduction at toll booths. They also mentioned that you need not stop they vehicle at the booth, instead you can just drive through. Not sure how this works without RFID? Any pointers.
Old 22nd April 2018, 07:09   #2510
BHPian

Did a Bangalore - Thrissur drive yesterday. All tolls were pretty quick except Krishnagiri where I got into a hybrid gate by mistake. Lost a few minutes there.
ECity flyover toll and Coimbatore L&T toll was through cash payment. Total toll amount from Bangalore to Thrissur is Rs. 602
Old 22nd April 2018, 07:47   #2511
BHPian

I drove from Bangalore to Devanahalli and back on the same day. Was charged Rs 85 each way, instead of the Rs 130 which is the same-day-return charge. This has happened twice in the past week. Is this how it is supposed to work?

Also, coming out of Bangalore airport the Fasttag doesn't work on the dedicated lane (the light turns red) and I have to go to another lane, where the operator is able to charge my Fasttag manually. This happens even if I am driving very slowly in front of the sensors. But then I see other cars with Fasttag drive through the dedicated lane. What am I missing?

I have the Fasttag issued by HDFC Bank.

Thanks so much!
Old 22nd April 2018, 07:54   #2512

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
I drove from Bangalore to Devanahalli and back on the same day. Was charged Rs 85 each way, instead of the Rs 130 which is the same-day-return charge. This has happened twice in the past week. Is this how it is supposed to work?

Also, coming out of Bangalore airport the Fasttag doesn't work on the dedicated lane (the light turns red) and I have to go to another lane, where the operator is able to charge my Fasttag manually. This happens even if I am driving very slowly in front of the sensors. But then I see other cars with Fasttag drive through the dedicated lane. What am I missing?

I have the Fasttag issued by HDFC Bank.

Thanks so much!
Same here. Am being charged 85 each time I cross, PAYTM fastag. The Airport lane is random. Sometimes it works.
Pink Floyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 08:07   #2513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Total toll amount from Bangalore to Thrissur is Rs. 602
You made a small mistake there - with all toll amounts being even multiples of 5 by decree (by choice in case of CBE bypass), the sum can't ever be 602. Actually it is an even Rs. 300 till Salem, Rs. 600 till Thrissur and a further Rs. 70 at Paliyekkara for destinations beyond till Kochi.

This will go up once the new booth at Alathur is permitted to collect toll.
Old 22nd April 2018, 08:09   #2514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post

There is a problem at Devanhalli. It happened to me twice as well. I am just paying cash at the toll now. I complained to the toll authorities. Standard will look into this response. Need to raise a complaint with ICICI Fastag for the refund.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 09:38   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
You made a small mistake there - with all toll amounts being even multiples of 5 by decree (by choice in case of CBE bypass), the sum can't ever be 602. Actually it is an even Rs. 300 till Salem, Rs. 600 till Thrissur and a further Rs. 70 at Paliyekkara for destinations beyond till Kochi.

This will go up once the new booth at Alathur is permitted to collect toll.
I'm sure CBE bypass is the culprit here.
Old 22nd April 2018, 09:43   #2516
BHPian

Quote:
You made a small mistake there.
What I said is total toll amount till Thrissur. It is Rs. 510 through the Fastag payment and Rs. 45 for the ECity elevated fly over + Rs. 47 for the L&T bypass (both payed by cash). So, it comes to 510+45+47 = Rs.602.
Old 22nd April 2018, 09:54   #2517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Rs. 47 for the L&T bypass
It is Rs. 45 for Coimbatore L&T bypass (at least, on 13/4 when I last went that way).
Old 22nd April 2018, 09:57   #2518
BHPian

[quote=Sree73;4389624So, it comes to 510+45+47 = Rs.602.[/QUOTE]

The breakup of Rs.510. Mods. I'm not able to edit the previous post and insert the photo in my mobile App. Please merge this with the above post.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-1524371110406.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-1524371125456.jpg  

Old 22nd April 2018, 09:59   #2519
BHPian

Quote:
It is Rs. 45 for Coimbatore L&T bypass (at least, on 13/4 when I last went that way).
Ok. May be my mistake in noting down.
Old 22nd April 2018, 12:48   #2520
BHPian

I sold my vehicle since I relocated. Should anything be done with the tag? I remember seeing a discussion regarding this, but can't locate this now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks