Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2018, 17:51   #2641
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThilakNex View Post
I am missing something here. Did you cross the gate before the gate closed down? Arent we suppose to cross it only after the gate closes and reopens again after the vehicle ahead crosses the same?
There is NO gate action whatsoever.

Its Open all the while and closes randomly (as accepted by the attendant). Cause is unknown and none bothered to repair in spite of being aware of its malfunction.

Scuff mark on the door.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-doorscuff.jpg

Scuff mark on hood.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-hoodscuff.jpg
Old 22nd May 2018, 18:28   #2642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
There is NO gate action whatsoever.

Its Open all the while and closes randomly (as accepted by the attendant). Cause is unknown and none bothered to repair in spite of being aware of its malfunction.
Oh no. It really hurts to see the paint damaged for the no mistake of yours. :-(
Completely agree, those idiots sitting in the toll booth hardly care for others inconvenience.
Old 27th May 2018, 22:36   #2643
Distinguished - BHPian

Vaniyambadi and Pallikonda(Bangalore - Chennai route) has one active hybrid toll lane each for Fastag(towards Chennai), both are next to the dedicated Fastag lane.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20180523_192738289_ll.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20180523_200626441_ll.jpg
arun_josie is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 06:46   #2644
Distinguished - BHPian

So there was no wrong deduction for the return journey to KIAL,Bangalore and back this morning.

Barring one incident this month where return journey fare was wrongly deducted as one way (both ways) when I took the Hybrid lane for onward and Dedicated for return, proper deduction seems to be happening when I took the dedicated lanes the next 2 times.

One from this morning (85+45):

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20180528-06.40.59.png

PS: I just noticed that it was 20 Minutes exactly that it took for me to drop, unload, run and get the trolley, crank and head back home in between passing the onward and return booths. Traffic was usual for a super early Monday morning rush hour.

Last edited by paragsachania : 28th May 2018 at 06:50.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 07:48   #2645
Senior - BHPian

Folks

I am trying to file a dispute on ICICI Fastag site.

It asks for a trip number, a required field. Seems to be search based and asks for either RRN or Trip Number. Not able to locate either in any obvious fashion on the Fastag Login site.

Tag account number, Tag serial number or Registration # does not work.

I am unable to proceed even though I can see the transaction listed in the tag account.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Edit: Found it!!! It is none of the above.

You need to generate an Online statement. That prints out the RRN/Trip Number. When you use these, the dispute is pre filled with the specific trip details.

Last edited by sridhu : 28th May 2018 at 07:56.
Old 28th May 2018, 08:01   #2646
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Edit: Found it!!! It is none of the above.

You need to generate an Online statement. That prints out the RRN/Trip Number. When you use these, the dispute is pre filled with the specific trip details.
The only time I raised a dispute for double/wrong transaction was 2 weeks before and for the amusing toll both at KIAL which has its own chronicles!!

I too initially scratched my head, trying to find my trip that it would fail till I noticed these details in the statement which I downloaded. Wondering why few things can't be made simple. The text message from ICICI for each transaction doesn't mention either of these details.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 14:23   #2647
BHPian

Thoppur got all lanes fasTag enabled. Already Attibelle toll got all lanes fasTag enabled. Once i had to pay cash in E-City toll since my tag was not read properly.

ICICI should seriously look into their Payment interface and usability of their FasTag website. Payment got failed for me with the amount got debited from ICICI Savings account. Raised a complaint in fasTag. Hopefully i'll get it refunded.
dhandapanik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 15:31   #2648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandapanik View Post
ICICI should seriously look into their Payment interface and usability of their FasTag website. Payment got failed for me with the amount got debited from ICICI Savings account. Raised a complaint in fasTag. Hopefully i'll get it refunded.
UPI is the fastest way to recharge our FASTag account. After ICICI started the option to directly transfer the amount to the tag account through UPI, I have not recharged the tag account from their website. Have had failed transactions with all other modes of payment, but not with UPI.

Simply transfer the required amount to the VPA 'netc.<vehicle reg no>@icici'
if the vehicle reg no is less than 10 characters, prefix it with zeroes.
For example,
MH-88-DN-4567-> netc.mh88dn4567@icici
TN-71-1234 -> netc.00tn991234@icici
KA-57-M-678 -> netc.0ka57m0678@icici
silversteed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 16:45   #2649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
UPI is the fastest way to recharge our FASTag account. After ICICI started the option to directly transfer the amount to the tag account through UPI, I have not recharged the tag account from their website. Have had failed transactions with all other modes of payment, but not with UPI.

Simply transfer the required amount to the VPA 'netc.<vehicle reg no>@icici'
if the vehicle reg no is less than 10 characters, prefix it with zeroes.
For example,
MH-88-DN-4567-> netc.mh88dn4567@icici
TN-71-1234 -> netc.00tn991234@icici
KA-57-M-678 -> netc.0ka57m0678@icici

Will try this option for future recharges. Recharging through UPI goes to CUG Master account or tag account.

Raised a complaint to ICICI in FasTag account for the payment issue. Not sure when my amount will be credited in Savings/FasTag account.
Old 28th May 2018, 17:40   #2650
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Fastag update from weekend trip to Palakkad:
Onward: With a 5am start from Bangalore, used the dedicated Fastag lanes at all tolls except Krishnagiri where I was in the Hybrid/ETC lane, worked like a charm every single time. Traffic was not too heavy, but easily 10-12 cars in all other lanes, so Fastag definitely saved at least 30 minutes overall.

Return: Being a Sunday evening and the last weekend before many schools reopen in Bangalore, I was expecting huge lines at the tolls. Managed to start at 1pm from Palakkad and used dedicated Fastag lanes at all tolls, except Thoppur where I took the Hybrid/ETC lane. Again, tag worked perfectly at all tolls.

At one of the tolls, a KA03 registered White Honda Jazz was in front of me. It was driven by a Bangalore hero driver who kept arguing with the guard to let him in to the dedicated Fastag lane (though he did not have the tag).

After 5 minutes, some sense prevailed and he backed out of the lane. Since I had maintained a decent distance from his car, he could get out without too much of an effort.

At another toll, a Baleno who had taken the adjacent lane, tried to cut in to the Fastag lane just near the concrete median separating his lane and the Fastag lane. He was almost perpendicular to the lane and in his attempt to turn back into the Fastag lane, caused a lot of difficulty for others who were already waiting in line!

Last edited by NPV : 28th May 2018 at 17:45.
Old 28th May 2018, 18:15   #2651
ada
BHPian

Just found this leaflet being distributed at mulund toll naka Mumbai. Nice move if implemented.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-15275114873741217233316786333154.jpg  

ada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 18:17   #2652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
Just found this leaflet being distributed at mulund toll naka Mumbai. Nice move if implemented.
Its a joke. If they implement this to a tee at Vashi, I for one will get the monthly pass on all my cars even if they cross to Mumbai only 10-15 times a month. I have complained innumerable number of times to them, but they just shrug off and say traffic hai kya karenge (there's so much traffic, what can we do)...
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 18:47   #2653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandapanik View Post
Will try this option for future recharges. Recharging through UPI goes to CUG Master account or tag account.
It will go directly to your Tag account and not CUG account because the primary key in the UPI ID is your unique vehicle number and not your tag number.

Quote:
Raised a complaint to ICICI in FasTag account for the payment issue. Not sure when my amount will be credited in Savings/FasTag account.
When returning from Nagpur last month, due to weak Data Network, my UPI Payment failed although both UPI app as well as my Bank showed that the transaction was successful. However, the tag balance was still not updated.

Since I knew that for such occurrences, it was always best to wait for another 3 working days to see if money is credited back to my bank account or even for that matter the Tag account, I waited and noticed neither of this happened.

So I logged a ticket through their (ICICI) FASTag portal and then nothing happened (at least I presumed nothing was being done) till one day I log into the system and expand the Helpdesk ticket I created to read a note where the representative had asked me to upload the bank statement of 7 days from the date of this failed transaction that I gladly did. In fact, during creation of the ticket I had also attached the screenshot of the BHIM App which said that the transaction was successful.

Nothing happens after this for over a week and I even add a comment asking for status. No calls, No mails, no notifications, no nothing!

The final straw: Twitter and this worked really well.
  • After tweeting, I first got a call from Hyderabad and the lady the other end tried to understand the issue. She even acknowledged the fact that they cannot have details of FASTag tickets and hence requested some time
  • After 2 days, I get a call again asking for details of my Customer ID, Tag Number and Vehicle number
  • After 2 days of the last call, I get a call again saying that the money will be credited into my CUG account in 3 working days
  • On the 2nd working day while I was randomly checking my account I noticed the CUG balance reflecting the disputed amount

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag_twitter.jpg

Moral of the story :
Options exist and need to be tried and they work .

Reality : FASTag customer care is indeed useless when compared to the other folks who spoke to me after tweeting.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 19:40   #2654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
I have seen this in one of the toll gates in Karnataka too. I am dead sure that it won't be implemented where people argue a lot to pay the regular toll
Old 28th May 2018, 22:52   #2655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
... I only hope he is able to remove that without damaging that Tag. It's almost impossible to peel that off without damaging the tag.
Parag, any idea if anyone has successfully removed the tag ? Dealer stuck a tag rather badly ( not horizontal), and we're trying to correct it.

Most Viewed