Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2018, 00:00   #2656
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Parag, any idea if anyone has successfully removed the tag ? Dealer stuck a tag rather badly ( not horizontal), and we're trying to correct it.
Nope Condor. I only know those who have been unsuccessful at that within our Team BHP community.

That is the reason why whoever I have advised to get a tag has also been told to paste a transparent tape on the adhesive side and then paste the tag with a tape on that so removal is easy even in case of replacement of windscreen.

How bad is the placement that it will affect the reading/scanning at booths? If not, then why not just continue using it the way it is?
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 14:56   #2657
ada
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Nope Condor. I only know those who have been unsuccessful at that within our Team BHP community.

That is the reason why whoever I have advised to get a tag has also been told to paste a transparent tape on the adhesive side and then paste the tag with a tape on that so removal is easy even in case of replacement of windscreen.

How bad is the placement that it will affect the reading/scanning at booths? If not, then why not just continue using it the way it is?
That's a nice idea. The dealer put a wrong fasttag (some other car's) in my case. When he removed the tag, the tag got completely destroyed, even removing the glue was a headache.
Old 29th May 2018, 15:48   #2658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dealer stuck a tag rather badly ( not horizontal), and we're trying to correct it.
Have you tried passing a toll so far? There are cars with various tag placements that have passed through Fastag lanes.

I myself have stuck on the upper end on the passenger side and it has detected every time in the last 9 months. Only in a handful of tolls have I had to do some moves to get detected, even that hasn't happened in the last 2-3 trips.
Old 29th May 2018, 16:02   #2659
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I myself have stuck on the upper end on the passenger side and it has detected every time in the last 9 months.
This will always work without issues because what is upper end of passenger side for our cars will be center for various trucks and buses. I don't think detection will be an issue at all.

The only concern though will be booth with hand held scanners where at times I have seen them get out and walk to the other side to scan which they could otherwise do sitting in the booth itself!
Old 29th May 2018, 16:40   #2660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The only concern though will be booth with hand held scanners
Apart from that, some people don't like it when the sticker/tag is not in a proper line. I am one of them .
Old 29th May 2018, 16:42   #2661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Apart from that, some people don't like it when the sticker/tag is not in a proper line. I am one of them .
Count me in! I just hate haphazard way of applying stickers/tag. It more or less reflects on your personality.
My deal applied FASTag in a slightly disoriented manner. I was so furious. You had one job to do at least do it neatly.
catchdoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 17:03   #2662
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Oh Yes Arun and that goes without saying but here we are referring to various possibilities (If at all) on how a badly placed tag can affect regular usage (or not).

When it comes to parking stickers or any other for that matter (including Team BHP stickers) we all know how finicky can we get .
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 20:38   #2663
Senior - BHPian

However OCD you are, it is designed not to be taken off once applied. It will just tear into bits.

I know because I paid for another tag when I tried to refix it!
Old 29th May 2018, 20:53   #2664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_madhan View Post
How do raise a ticket if you are charged twice? it's a paytm fastag..
Could you resolve this issue? Yesterday I got charged twice at two tolls during a drive from Delhi to Chandigarh. What procedure did you follow to get the payment reversed? I too have PayTM FASTag. Thanks.
Old 30th May 2018, 22:10   #2665
Distinguished - BHPian

Got an update of my complaint on PG portal which I had raised couple of months back.

In short, no much hope, they are saying of implementing things last year which I had mentioned as not working couple of months back.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-untitled.jpg
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 22:25   #2666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Many here including me are using the Tag with a layer of transparent tape on the chip side facing the windscreen and have faced no issues.
Transparent tape is just tape, but sun-film has more components in it.

Is any one facing issues with fast tags placed below sunfilm ? ( Fastag on the Sunfilm - Sunfilm on the windshield ?

Yes / no ?
which brand of sunfilm ?
Which Fastag ?

( I am not facing issues with the ICICI Fastag on Garware film )

Last edited by condor : 30th May 2018 at 22:27.
Old 30th May 2018, 22:28   #2667
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is any one facing issues with fast tags placed below sunfilm ? ( Fastag on the Sunfilm - Sunfilm on the windshield ?

Yes / no ?
which brand of sunfilm ?
Which Fastag ?

( I am not facing issues with the ICICI Fastag on Garware film )
Please refer to this quoted post:
Quote:
It works
Not sure on brand but I have in the above post quoted at least 3 members who have reported that they haven't faced any issues with tags behind sun film on front windscreen.
Old 31st May 2018, 00:51   #2668
Senior - BHPian

I am in need of some guidance here. In my car, the dealer pasted FASTag at the centre of windshield, below shaded region (shown by red rectangle). This location was OK as it was behind IRVM and FASTag was not obstructing my view in anyway and detection at toll booths was hassle free.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-car.jpg

However, recently I planned to install dashcam. To achieve central location on the windshield and hide dashcam from plain view, I preferred to place it in the shaded region. For this I removed the FASTag. (It was damaged and the residual adhesive was pain to remove).

Now I have a query. Will it be OK to install new FASTag above the dashcam (on the shaded area shown in below image) ? I want to utilize the otherwise unused space.

My concern : As per my understanding, this dotted shading (sun-block) is made of ceramic material. Will it obstruct the RFID function of FASTag and create issues while detection at toll booths ?

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_2018.jpg

Last edited by AutoNoob : 31st May 2018 at 00:53.
Old 31st May 2018, 05:03   #2669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
I
My concern : As per my understanding, this dotted shading (sun-block) is made of ceramic material. Will it obstruct the RFID function of FASTag and create issues while detection at toll booths ?
I have my tag stuck in precisely the spot that you are considering. It works just fine. In fact, I would even say that it works better than the earlier "behind the mirror " spot possibly due to most readers being roof mounted.

Use some spirit -the residual adhesive will come off easily.

BTW, the black dots are called frits.
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 07:09   #2670
Senior - BHPian

Used the fastag services on Vellore - Bangalore and Vellore - Kodaikanal drives over the last couple of months. Mostly hassle free. One of the fringe benefits is that you don't need to lower the window to pay cash. On a hot day this is an added bonus.
My only major hassle was on the Vaniyambadi toll where the fastag lane was not working. I entered another lane and was made to reverse and enter the adjacent lane as only that lane was hybrid. I demanded the handheld unit but was the request was denied.
On the Bangalore road I had a similar experience where I entered a regular lane as I missed the fastag lane in traffic and had to pester them to use the handheld unit. After a short time of resistance, he whipped the handheld unit out of his desk and scanned me through - lazy guy!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks