Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2018, 11:50   #2761
BANNED

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Newly introduced to FASTag world, hence forgive me for silly questions.
  • Does Khed-Shivpuri toll plaza have all its gates FASTag enabled Or only middle lane is for FASTag? I normally keep to right most lane as that is the quickest lane. The middle FASTag marked lane is the longest and slowest moving lane.
  • As part of directive of Govt, my car dealer issued me a PayTM FASTag sticker. As I see, there are two accounts in my PayTM; a regular and a FASTag one. How do I load money to the FASTag account? It seems, I can load into my regular account only.
  • How much gap I should be maintaining from the car ahead to safely use FASTag in toll queue?
  • What will happen if the car behind is tailgating? Is there a chance that the car behind will benefit from my FASTtag?
I know, I am asking stupid questions, but considering I am new to this please help.
Old 24th July 2018, 12:02   #2762
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
[*]As part of directive of Govt, my car dealer issued me a PayTM FASTag sticker. As I see, there are two accounts in my PayTM; a regular and a FASTag one. How do I load money to the FASTag account? It seems, I can load into my regular account only.
PayTM uses the money in your regular wallet to pay for the toll.

Quote:
[*]How much gap I should be maintaining from the car ahead to safely use FASTag in toll queue?
Once the car in front crosses, I generally wait for the barrier to come down and the light to turn red. And then just starting creeping ahead.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 12:10   #2763
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Wonder if that will interfere in tag operation.
Few members had complained about manufacturer pasted RFID (not Fastag) causing issues. So you too may find issues potentially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Newly introduced to FASTag world, hence forgive me for silly questions.
  • I normally keep to right most lane as that is the quickest lane. The middle FASTag marked lane is the longest and slowest moving lane.
  • How much gap I should be maintaining from the car ahead to safely use FASTag in toll queue?
  • What will happen if the car behind is tailgating? Is there a chance that the car behind will benefit from my FASTtag?
1. Yes, most cases Fastag lane ends up as the slowest. You can find if the other lanes accept Fastag by checking if they have 'Hybrid lane' marking or if they too have Fastag readers installed near the boom barrier.

2. Best is to wait at the lane entrance, at the start of separate barricade for the dedicated lane and wait till the vehicle ahead cross the barrier.

3. As long as you are crossing the barrier, there will be only one deduction for you. Nowadays, multiple deductions in span of ~ 10 mins (?) from same toll booth are not debited from your account. If there is a car tailgating you and they manage to cross the barrier, it will be a loss for toll company and not you.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 12:20   #2764
BHPian

I got a new baleno and it came with an Axis bank Fastag sticker. However I am finding this totally useless. The Fasttag app firstly sucks big time and never works, and the Axis bank portal for recharging the Fastag too seems to never work.

How do I recharge this? Can I only recharge it from the bank where it is procured from?

Update: For those who have an Axis Bank Fastag, this Quora link seems to have some useful advice (https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-pr...-Bank-s-Fastag)
I was able to login to the portal on my PC and make a recharge. It is another matter that the recharge is still not showing up on my Fastag (5 mins after recharge)
herculesksp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 14:35   #2765
Team-BHP Support

Tried to top up my IDFC Fastag and got a message - ID not valid. Note that the Fasting still worked but I could not top up

I rang the helpdesk and they reset the account. I need to log in now and them to keep the account active.
Old 26th July 2018, 15:02   #2766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Tried to top up my IDFC Fastag and got a message - ID not valid. Note that the Fasting still worked but I could not top up
I rang the helpdesk and they reset the account. I need to log in now and them to keep the account active.
Happened to me once and luckily, I checked it couple of days before my trip to home town. Called up the help desk and they re-activated the account. The advice he gave me was that I need to login at least once a month to keep the account in active state. If this is not done, it seems that the account goes to inactive state.

Last edited by A350XWB : 26th July 2018 at 15:04.
Old 26th July 2018, 15:26   #2767
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Happened to me once and luckily, I checked it couple of days before my trip to home town. Called up the help desk and they re-activated the account. The advice he gave me was that I need to login at least once a month to keep the account in active state. If this is not done, it seems that the account goes to inactive state.
Frankly it is a bit stupid. One year is fine, one month is a rather high maintenance
Old 27th July 2018, 08:55   #2768
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe it's limited to IDFC? I have a Paytm Fastag. Got it back in November/December. Didn't use it till 2 weeks back. I was a little apprehensive, but I faced no issues at all.
Old 27th July 2018, 09:53   #2769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need to log in now and them to keep the account active.
Quote:
The advice he gave me was that I need to login at least once a month to keep the account in active state. If this is not done, it seems that the account goes to inactive state.
Perhaps this is specific to IDFC. For Equitas, I didn't login & use tag between Dec'17 to May'18. I just logged in as usual to top up balance before my highway trip.
Old 27th July 2018, 10:01   #2770
BHPian

Quote:
Frankly it is a bit stupid. One year is fine, one month is a rather high maintenance
Yes, totally agree. Just for keeping your account alive, you have to login and logout every month

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_joker View Post
Maybe it's limited to IDFC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Perhaps this is specific to IDFC.
Yes, this seems to be a special feature of IDFC bank.
Old 27th July 2018, 10:47   #2771
BHPian

Just back from Vizag and Hyderabad after running personal errands. Took Garib Rath from Secunderabad(SC) for our onward journey and returned to Hyderabad in a Swift VXI. Only three toll plazas were equipped with FasTag dedicated lines. We weren't able to test any of them because the car did not have FasTag enabled.

Aganampudi toll on the outskirts of Vizag had a handheld device on the dedicated line. None of the other toll plazas before Eluru bypass had FasTag. Forget FasTag, poor maintenance has left the plazas themselves in extremely shabby state. You'd mistake them for abandoned ones. The roads also were in pathetic condition. Till Annavaram bypass it was smooth ride but after that we were sautéed vegetables tossed on a pan. Had been on this route several times before and it was always bad, but not this bad. The twin Godavari bridges near Ravulapalem were the only tarmacs worth the toll fee. Seriously, roads and tolls near major cities are the only ones that are decently maintained by NHAI. The rest I presume are left to rot and subject to the elements. Charging us for using such minefields is daylight robbery. Day time drive is a nightmare with bikes, autos and rural buses having their own way.

The difference between this and Vijayawada-Hyd highway is night and day. Was a pleasure to drive on the latter. All 4 toll plazas had working FasTag lines. No hybrid lines yet but the staff are doing a good job routing non-FasTag vehicles. I guess the recently constructed highways are top notch. NHAI needs to revamp old highways.

I have run out of superlatives to praise the Nehru ORR. Its world class especially now that Airport-Gachibowli stretch is lit up with LEDs.

Last edited by strawhat : 27th July 2018 at 10:58.
Old 27th July 2018, 12:40   #2772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
J.

Aganampudi toll on the outskirts of Vizag had a handheld device on the dedicated line.

The difference between this and Vijayawada-Hyd highway is night and day. Was a pleasure to drive on the latter. All 4 toll plazas had working FasTag lines. No hybrid lines yet but the staff are doing a good job routing non-FasTag vehicles. I guess the recently constructed highways are top notch. NHAI needs to revamp old highways.

I have run out of superlatives to praise the Nehru ORR. Its world class especially now that Airport-Gachibowli stretch is lit up with LEDs.
I'm surprised that Aganampudi toll still exists. It was the first toll that came up way back in 1995. However I always bypassed it by taking the short cut to steel township, where I used to live.

The Hyd BZA route was widened only 4 years go. The BZA VSKP stretch was widened around 13 years ago. Hence the difference.
Old 27th July 2018, 15:05   #2773
BHPian

Hi,
Has anyone done HDFC fastag recharge using UPI? How is it done? Do I need to have HDFC bank account?
Old 27th July 2018, 15:16   #2774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
Hi,
Has anyone done HDFC fastag recharge using UPI? How is it done? Do I need to have HDFC bank account?
I don't think there's a possibility to recharge through UPI. The only payment options I see are HDFC Debit/Credit cards, Other bank Credit/debit cards and Net Banking.

Ps - No convenience fee is charged on debit cards, on credit card it's 1.10% and ₹8 with Net Banking.
Old 27th July 2018, 15:35   #2775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
I don't think there's a possibility to recharge through UPI. T
The recharge website says at the bottom that there is no convenience charge for Debit and UPI payments so I figured that there should be a way to pay through UPI, but I believe we need to have a UPI ID for the tag as I learnt from post #2240, ICICI is providing an UPI ID.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks