Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2018, 09:15   #2836
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
What now? Should I get it from ICICI (no relationship) or HDFC (Preferred, and all my banking with them).
Go with ICICI even if you don't have a banking relationship, a small fee when paying by other bank credit/debit card or even UPI is still worth it in my opinion.

Also, the ICICI Fastag portal isn't hosted on their online banking portal - though the link can be accessed on the online banking landing page, it redirects to another site/domain for the Fastag portal

Last edited by NPV : 14th August 2018 at 09:19.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 09:18   #2837
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After multiple follow-ups with Paytm Customer Care, each time during which I was assured,"your Fastag will be dispatched today, I assure you", I got a message today saying that my order stands cancelled and the money refunded.

I placed the order on 24-July and it was cancelled today. Funnily, my colleague order it on 25-July and got it last week.

What now? Should I get it from ICICI (no relationship) or HDFC (Preferred, and all my banking with them).
ICICI is the best by far when it comes to Fasttag. Everything really lives up to the name-from ordering, recharging, replacing with a new one...everything is fast! On the other hand Paytm is the worst of all. Go with the ICICI fasttag with your eyes closed
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 09:21   #2838
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I recently got my ICICI tag changed because of windshield change. Called them up, placed an order. Within a week all done. The tag came home in a courier. Definitely ICICI seems to have improved quite well.
In terms of customer service, even I agree that they fare better (if not best) compared to the rest of the Tag providers.

My only interaction with them was in April when recharge via UPI was unsuccessful and after nearly a month long wait, they updated my Tag balance to the disputed amount once I sent them all the necessary proof. However, while their online ticketing system was totally useless and non-responsive, it is a tweet that really made things work!

I had narrated the ordeal on this post (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!).

Also, before this during the drive itself when the recharge wasn't successful I called the customer care and realised one thing - They have a totally different set of folks who attend the calls on the FASTag helpline who are not really customer focused or well trained. This is something I noticed even when a friend recently tried to log on to the FASTag portal from ICICI Home page and a redirection message clearly mentions this disclaimer that ICICI is not responsible for FASTag since it is managed by a 3rd Party:
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag-disclaimer.jpg

All said and done, they still are better.

Last edited by paragsachania : 14th August 2018 at 09:26.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 10:14   #2839
Senior - BHPian

Did a Vellore - Coimbatore - Pollachi - Vellore trip over the weekend and was quite annoyed with fastag implementation. At least on 3 occasions I had to reverse out with other vehicles and use another lane as there were issues with fastag. On a couple of occasions fastag lanes were more crowded and slower and we were not allowed to use other lanes as they were not hybrid - bad management by the toll booth staff.
Also I frequently found trucks using fastag and taking ages to get through sometimes reversing out or paying by cash - are they misusing these lanes without their fastag accounts having balance ?
Finally it seems a waste of manpower. Each fastag lane seems to have a minimum of 3 staff to check and let through traffic. This is counterproductive.
Thankfully a few of the toll booths were seamless and I could drive through slowly and all the charges seem accurate.
The booth operators have to really up the game to keep fastag convenient. More vehicles with fastag and not enough lanes and scanners will kill this project slowly. Time saved seemed lesser than time wasted due to glitches.
Will post videos later.
Old 14th August 2018, 10:17   #2840
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a question, the PayTM FasTag has ₹150/- at any given time. Suppose I cross a toll where charge is more than that, how is it managed? Also is there a way to increase this ₹150/- limit?
Old 14th August 2018, 10:39   #2841
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I have a question, the PayTM FasTag has ₹150/- at any given time. Suppose I cross a toll where charge is more than that, how is it managed? Also is there a way to increase this ₹150/- limit?
As with the case with FASTags associated with other banks too, At the toll plaza it is not the balance that gets checked but it is the status of the tag - ACTIVE or INACTIVE/BLACKLISTED.

The applicable amount is deducted only after few minutes of passing a Toll Plaza and it is at this time that the Tag status gets changed to INACTIVE/BLACKLISTED once the balance goes to negative.

So, from my knowledge, even with a balance of 150/- in your PayTM, you will still be able to cross a booth where the amount is 180/- but after this you will not be able to cross the next one till the balance is updated above the threshold.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 10:47   #2842
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
As with the case with FASTags associated with other banks too, At the toll plaza it is not the balance that gets checked but it is the status of the tag - ACTIVE or INACTIVE/BLACKLISTED.
Actually, Paytm uses your primary wallet to fund the payment for the toll. The Paytm Fastag wallet always has a static 150. You can't add money to the Paytm Fastag wallet either, it is always 150. As long as the main wallet has money, toll will be paid.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 10:57   #2843
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As long as the main wallet has money, toll will be paid.
So what happens when your main wallet doesn't have money and still the FASTag wallet has 150/- and you pass a booth where the amount is beyond 150/-?

Realistically, as mentioned earlier, the real-time authorization happens based on the status of the tag and not based on the balance in the tag at the time of crossing the booth. The processing of payment happens subsequently.

Just wanted to understand how things work in case of PayTM then? Does it still behave the same way as other bank tags? Status going BLACKLISTED?
Old 14th August 2018, 11:02   #2844
BHPian

I have an Axis Bank fastag that came with my new car. The Axis bank has some restriction and i cant recharge more then INR 1000 in a month unless I complete my KYC, which is ridiculous. Now even though I have a fastag, I have to pay in cash while passing through tolls. My Fastag is scanned and displayed as SUSPENDED!! I need to wait for the 30 days to pass to recharge my tag!!
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 11:09   #2845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I have an Axis Bank fastag that came with my new car. The Axis bank has some restriction and i cant recharge more then INR 1000 in a month unless I complete my KYC, which is ridiculous. Now even though I have a fastag, I have to pay in cash while passing through tolls. My Fastag is scanned and displayed as SUSPENDED!! I need to wait for the 30 days to pass to recharge my tag!!
If it is so inconvenient, why don't you get your KYC done? What all will be required, I guess your Aadhaar and probably PAN Card. A hassle for 5 minutes will bring in convenience for years ahead. Correct me if I am wrong.
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 11:12   #2846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I ... cant recharge more then INR 1000 in a month unless I complete my KYC, which is ridiculous.
Although limits may vary, these days KYC is an universal requirement in the banking and financial sector. One may argue over its pros and cons or on its justification/validity, but it is here to say. You will have to let the bank know you fully () if you do not want to keep looking for change at every other toll booth.
Old 14th August 2018, 11:19   #2847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
If it is so inconvenient, why don't you get your KYC done? What all will be required, I guess your Aadhaar and probably PAN Card. A hassle for 5 minutes will bring in convenience for years ahead. Correct me if I am wrong.
I agree, there is no axis bank near my home or office. I need to visit the bank and complete this KYC. Also due to my personal issues, I am barely able to find time, even during weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Although limits may vary, these days KYC is an universal requirement in the banking and financial sector. One may argue over its pros and cons or on its justification/validity, but it is here to say. You will have to let the bank know you fully () if you do not want to keep looking for change at every other toll booth.
True!! While I agree KYC is needed for a banking product, for fastag I feel its absurd!! Anyways need to find some time and get this done.
Old 14th August 2018, 11:27   #2848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree, there is no axis bank near my home or office. I need to visit the bank and complete this KYC. Also due to my personal issues, I am barely able to find time, even during weekends.
Try the link below to get your KYC done online.

Link - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/defaul...rsn=3d66b855_0

[ATTACH=kyc-process-document.pdf]1790013[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf kyc-process-document.pdf (399.5 KB, 963 views)
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 11:34   #2849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Try the link below to get your KYC done online.

Link - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/defaul...rsn=3d66b855_0

[ATTACH=kyc-process-document.pdf]1790013[/ATTACH]
Thanks Aditya!! The online process is for Axis bank customers. I dont have an account with them, so a branch visit is a must.
Old 14th August 2018, 12:15   #2850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
The operator had to scan manually and after 2-3 attempts, it worked. This is painful and I cannot be doing this on a regular basis.
This is extremely frustrating and exactly the kind of issues I had to face with Axis bank Fastag

Quote:
I'm considering returning it and getting a PayTM one probably.
I have seen messages posted saying they have applied for PayTM tag but its not delivered even a few weeks after the original ETA. This is one of the reasons why I didn't bother going for PayTM. Try ICICI or HDFC instead.

Quote:
Has anyone returned their Fastag and got a refund?
I have destroyed the Axis tag. I am yet to call them for a refund of security deposit.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks