Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2018, 08:07   #2866
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
Hi Guys, Has anybody tried to hook the Fastag on the parking sticker holder? I personally wouldn't prefer sticking it on windshield , hence exploring the option.
With such a setup, you will confuse the security attendant who verifies the fastag vehicles on the dedicated fastag lanes. They expect it to be pasted on the windscreen. As mentioned by others, you can try sellotape.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 08:32   #2867
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
With such a setup, you will confuse the security attendant who verifies the fastag vehicles on the dedicated fastag lanes. They expect it to be pasted on the windscreen. As mentioned by others, you can try sellotape.
And more that that, I remember a colleague who cut the FASTag sticker leaving only the RFID part visible and the FASTag logo out and how he always ended up with arguments with the security staff on his regular route to Cochin from Bangalore.

So, FASTag has a 2 factor authentication : One that happens automatically by the RFID scanner and the second one is the 'Retina Scan' where the eye balls of the Guard will verify that sticker pasted on your windscreen. If his eyes aren't happy about it, he wont let you in .
paragsachania is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 09:16   #2868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Why don't you just use some standard Sello/Scotch tape to stick the tag to the glass? The tag may need to be installed flat against the screen for the RFID to work properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I would suggest to use cello tape and tape the entire tag on the RFID side and then stick to the windshield using the tape from other side. This way it can be removed anytime u wish to and it will work.
I have done the same on my Tiago and it works perfectly. Thanks to Parag for that idea. I believe there is a pictorial representation by Parag in previous posts, please search for it.
If you still do not like to stick any tape, go with the idea which sary gave.
Agreed, I will try Cello taping as an option, hope it doesn't appear shoddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Just curious - but why?
The tag is married to the car + registration number. It is illegal to use in a different vehicle.
So, why would you not want to stick it and risk losing it?
The only reason for keeping it loose is to avoid scanning issues at the toll booths, no other intentions
Old 18th August 2018, 10:08   #2869
BHPian

Had a stand off at the onwards toll booth to KIAL regarding fast tag while going to drop off at the airport. Unlike return route, the onward route does not have separate lane for fast tag, so assumed all lanes accept the same.

However the operator said overhead scanner is not working. Asked him to scan through handheld scanner but he persisted for cash payment.

Did not give cash as I will again be charged one way fare during return if I pay via fasttag. After a lot of honking from the queue behind, he left me without payment and his supervisor went for search of handheld scanner from other kiosks. Waited for 5 minutes after the tollgate, but with no sight of supervisor, had to leave as couldn't risk the flight timing.

On return path, it was smooth sailing through any one lane and tag worked flawlessly.

Will there be consequences for not paying toll in the onwards journey for no fault of mine?
Suryendu87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2018, 10:33   #2870
BHPian

No there will be no consequences. Relax. I have been through the same,not at that toll though. But have been pass through n no. of times, because of the toll operators fault.
inder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2018, 21:33   #2871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
Had a stand off at the onwards toll booth to KIAL regarding fast tag while going to drop off at the airport. Unlike return route, the onward route does not have separate lane for fast tag, so assumed all lanes accept the same.
Really? The second from the left is a Fastag lane. There is a banner at the beginning of that lane and a security guard manning the pre-barrier and checking for Fastag sticker.

This is in the Hebbal to Airport direction.
herculesksp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2018, 22:15   #2872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
Really? The second from the left is a Fastag lane. There is a banner at the beginning of that lane and a security guard manning the pre-barrier and checking for Fastag sticker.

This is in the Hebbal to Airport direction.
Did not see any markings today morning, the separate lane on the left showed VIP, Emergency Vehicle. Was not able to locate any fasttag banner even though I was trying specifically to look for it. Next time onwards will keep left
Old 22nd August 2018, 07:13   #2873
BHPian

https://www.business-standard.com/ar...2200008_1.html

Toll waived off for 3 plazas in Kerala.
Those who have Fastag, stay away from the lane.
bejoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 14:12   #2874
BHPian

I am thinking to procure Fastag for one of my cars. Can anyone here help me guide which is the better option. I see majority of the Folks are going for ICICI bank or Paytm. Thanks!
Old 23rd August 2018, 14:15   #2875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
I am thinking to procure Fastag for one of my cars. Can anyone here help me guide which is the better option. I see majority of the Folks are going for ICICI bank or Paytm. Thanks!
Go with ICICI Banks FASTag. Overall experience is seamless and they very professional too. Their website has all the details that one need to know.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 14:33   #2876
Senior - BHPian

SBI FASTAG: My Experience

Please do not ask me why I chose to go with SBI; I had to purchase one and SBI appeared as good / bad as any other. I called the Toll Free No. 1800110018 and got the contact number of the Bengaluru incharge of NICT (Sri Arjun Singh - 7771004948), the organisation tasked with issuing SBI Fastag.

Since I knew beforehand about the documents required, i.e copies of:
  1. AADHAAR
  2. PAN
  3. RC
  4. DL
  5. Passport size photograph
I made an appointment to go to their Bengaluru office located at Sri Balaji Mansion, Dr Rajkumar Rd, Prakash Nagar, Rajaji Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560021

(https://maps.google.com/?q=Sri+Balaj...8af78db22f5849).

Once there, the entire process took about 30 minutes and I was handed over the Fastag, account activated and briefed about usage and recharge procedure. Paid by cash ₹200 as Tag charge, ₹200 as refundable security deposit and ₹100 as compulsory initial recharge. As I had not driven there, I was requested to mail them a photo of the car with Fastag pasted on the windshield. I did it as soon as I reached home.

On enquiry, I was told that commercial vehicles constitute a majority of their customer base and that they have agents across Karnataka from whom one can purchase tags and recharge accounts without any convenience fee.

I opted for a full KYC account with a recharge limit of ₹1,00,000/month as against a partial KYC account with a limit of ₹10,000/month.

Reverse side

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20180823_125457.jpg

Pasted on the windshield

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20180823_125056.jpg

Not visible from the driver's seat

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20180823_125439.jpg

The Dot

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20180823_142935.jpg

RECHARGE

I recharged for ₹500/- using my credit card and was charged ₹506.49/- for the same. The same recharge via internet banking showed an extra fee of ₹15 plus and hence I went the credit card way. With my limited crossings of tolls, this should keep me covered for a while.

Last edited by dailydriver : 23rd August 2018 at 14:37.
dailydriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 16:44   #2877
BHPian

Re: FASTag: Avoid Axis Bank !!

Folks,

One piece of advice - Avoid Axis Bank Fastag like the plague. Their website sucks big time. You end up spending 30 minutes at least for every recharge.

After a bit of googling to get to the Login page, you land up here :

Notice the acres of whitespace on the left where they can put additional couple of Fastag lanes.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_1.jpg

Once you get into the Axis Bank Slowtag site, the Forgot Password links don't work consistently; No messages are given on successful password change.

Once your slowtag credentials are somehow verified, this is the first screen you are greeted with. None of the "Main Control Elements" as they call it, are clickable.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_2.jpg

And so it goes on and on. The reports don't work consistently, UI elements are haywire, labels are not understandable and so on.

Please never show this site to any of your foreign customers; They will have the worst impression of Indian IT
Old 23rd August 2018, 16:59   #2878
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
ICICI - with your eyes closed. My recent experience: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4444215 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

Last edited by R2D2 : 23rd August 2018 at 17:00.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 17:21   #2879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
+1 to ICICI. Even I had a good experience. My damaged tag was also replaced free of cost in a day.No questions asked.
inder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 18:22   #2880
BHPian

Can one peel off the Fastag and re-paste it? Will it work?

I got my car delivered and the delivery guys slapped on the tag in a lop-sided manner, and the pedant in me is screaming bloody murder. Alternatively, how does one deactivate an existing tag and transfer the balance to a new tag?

Help!

The tag works like a charm!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks