Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2018, 18:31   #2881
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragonreborn View Post
Can one peel off the Fastag and re-paste it? Will it work?
This has been discussed here umpteen times. There is a high chance of the chip getting damaged while you remove it.

Quote:
I got my car delivered and the delivery guys slapped on the tag in a lop-sided manner, and the pedant in me is screaming bloody murder. Alternatively, how does one deactivate an existing tag and transfer the balance to a new tag?
Help!
The tag works like a charm!
I got it done via ICICI customer care.
Old 23rd August 2018, 19:16   #2882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
I am thinking to procure Fastag for one of my cars. Can anyone here help me guide which is the better option. I see majority of the Folks are going for ICICI bank or Paytm. Thanks!
ICICI from my end too as recommended by members. Got my Fastag last week and it was a smooth process, as well as setting up the account and recharge. Tried the UPI recharge option and it worked fine.

Quote:
Go with ICICI Banks FASTag.
Quote:
ICICI - with your eyes closed.
Quote:
+1 to ICICI.
manas_270 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 19:50   #2883
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Can anyone confirm which banks are providing the "slim" tags now? I believe ICICI was providing them earlier, not sure though (I have experience with IDFC and HDFC tags, both provide the larger ones).
Old 23rd August 2018, 20:24   #2884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Hi Guys,
Can anyone confirm which banks are providing the "slim" tags now? I believe ICICI was providing them earlier, not sure though (I have experience with IDFC and HDFC tags, both provide the larger ones).
With a slim Tag, expect slim chances of being let into the FASTag lane that is manned by a guard, for their only way to ascertain and let you get into that lane is by the regular tags at least till they get used to these slim tags that you are referring to.

By the way, what is this slim tag?
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 21:04   #2885
BHPian

Re: FASTag: Avoid Axis Bank !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
Folks,

One piece of advice - Avoid Axis Bank Fastag like the plague. Their website sucks big time. You end up spending 30 minutes at least for every recharge.
There is no need to login to the portal to topup.
All you need to do is add your tag's account as Payee via netbanking and then transfer money via IMPS.
I have done this for Axis bank tag many times.

Its a completely different matter that my Axis bank tag had to be manually scanned every single time so i discarded and went for HDFC which is working great.

The problem with HDFC is that there is no NEFT transfer for retail Fastag users. So I have to login to a similar portal as Axis (both were developed by the same company i guess).
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 21:20   #2886
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Hi Guys,
Can anyone confirm which banks are providing the "slim" tags now?
Curious about this slim tag. While getting my tag today, I saw a fresh batch of 25 cards being mapped and all of them were of the regular size. I was told that the design has changed and that the new ones are sturdier, fast as well as technically advanced when compared to the earlier ones. Nothing was said on the shedding of size!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
SBI FASTAG: My Experience
Old 23rd August 2018, 22:01   #2887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
+1 to ICICI. Even I had a good experience. My damaged tag was also replaced free of cost in a day.No questions asked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
ICICI - with your eyes closed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Go with ICICI Banks FASTag. Overall experience is seamless and they very professional too. Their website has all the details that one need to know.

-Ravi
Thanks guys for your prompt response. I guess I will give ICICI a chance.

Can you please help me understanding:

1. Would it be possible to issue multiple tags (for different cars) and be linked to the same ICICI account?

2. During registration they ask for some convenience fee and they will charge some 1-2% every time you top up. Don't you think that is absurd.

3. I am assuming there would be a separate virtual wallet for the payments. How do I load money into the wallet? is there a way where I can load amount for free? PayTm doesn't charge a thing for loading I wonder why ICICI does

4. How do I get the Cashback? Is it in the form of money or some coupons?

Thanks!
Old 23rd August 2018, 23:21   #2888
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Can you please help me understanding:

1. Would it be possible to issue multiple tags (for different cars) and be linked to the same ICICI account?

2. During registration they ask for some convenience fee and they will charge some 1-2% every time you top up. Don't you think that is absurd.

3. I am assuming there would be a separate virtual wallet for the payments. How do I load money into the wallet? is there a way where I can load amount for free? PayTm doesn't charge a thing for loading I wonder why ICICI does

4. How do I get the Cashback? Is it in the form of money or some coupons?
Please read opening post of this thread for details.

All your questions above have been discussed and answered earlier, but I've answered them again here (hope this will help others also as it's consolidated).

1.Read the opening post on this thread. It also has quoted my earlier post where I mentioned how multiple tags can be linked to same fastag account. Your tags are NOT linked to your ICICI bank account but to a fastag account which is separate.

2.Total amount to pay is Rs.600.
Cost of tag (Rs.200) and tag issuance fee (~Rs.100) aren't refundable.
There is also a security deposit of Rs.200 which is refundable when you close the tag.
Rs.100 is added as initial balance of your tag

Every time you top up, there is a small fee if you use Credit or Debit cards. However, if you're an ICICI retail banking customer, transfer to tag is free. You can also use UPI (from any bank) and that's free as well.

3. You can load your tag/fastag account via the fastag portal and use one of the payment methods like credit/debit cards, NEFT or retail banking or even use UPI. You can also use UPI from the BHIM or other app without using the fastag portal.

4.Cashback is via balance top up to your fastag account, no points/coupons
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 05:00   #2889
BHPian

Anyone know a place in Hyderabad where one can go and submit documents and get the fastag the same day?

My trip starts the 30th August. I already applied for the Paytm one a few days back but based on Their response I don't think I am getting it until next month.
Old 24th August 2018, 07:30   #2890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangespat View Post
My trip starts the 30th August. I already applied for the Paytm one a few days back but based on Their response I don't think I am getting it until next month.
Just FYI, I had purchased Paytm Fastag on 22/12 on their website and they had shipped it on 27/12 with a delivery commitment of 29/12 (Blue Dart) and actual delivery on 28/12 late evening. I waited for them to deliver before starting on my trip to Kerala, which was well worth it.
Old 24th August 2018, 09:36   #2891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangespat View Post
... I already applied for the Paytm one a few days back but based on Their response I don't think I am getting it until next month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Just FYI, I had purchased Paytm Fastag on 22/12 on their website and they had shipped it on 27/12 with a delivery commitment of 29/12 (Blue Dart) and actual delivery on 28/12 late evening. I waited for them to deliver before starting on my trip to Kerala, which was well worth it.
Paytm Fastag was quick and efficient till some time back.
But now Paytm seems to be having some issues with the tag issuance.
My Fastag order was cancelled twice for my new car, even after uploading the documents and mailing them as well.

So finally went for ICICI Fastag.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 09:57   #2892
BHPian

I came to know about FASTag after a recent trip to the US and experiencing the EZ Pass ETC.

Applied for FASTag from ICICI and the application was as easy as it gets. Uploaded my Licence and RC on their website on 18th August and got the Tag delivered on 23rd August.

I did a road trip from Mumbai to Karad and the tag worked flawlessly. The only issue as many of the members have pointed out, is allowing Non-Tag cars to enter the ETC lane. Warning Signs are useless and employees are least bothered in implementing the fines. In some cases the FASTag lane moves the slowest because of Trucks and LMVs all in the same lane.

Overall, I did end up with a cashless toll experience but it was far, far from being 'Fast'. The Government should seriously consider studying the EZ Pass system. I never saw traffic at the toll gates when I was in New Jersey. Also, a massive campaign to create awareness among the masses is a must! Many people are not even aware such a concept exists!
Alvord12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 20:36   #2893
Senior - BHPian

I noticed that even Uttarakhand Transport Corporation buses have RFIDs placed on their windscreens, maybe in working condition to reduce stoppage times at Toll Plazas which are coming up on various highways due to new Highways being created along with Toll Booths. Maybe some day, even Trucks etc. will have RFIDs on their Windshields and overall the stoppage times at Toll Booths for all vehicles will reduce drastically.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 20:48   #2894
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Maybe some day, even Trucks etc. will have RFIDs on their Windshields and overall the stoppage times at Toll Booths for all vehicles will reduce drastically.
Trucks and intercity/interstate buses are already using Fastag in a big way across India since it simplifies fleet management, avoiding need for cash transactions.
On the flip side, these buses and trucks sometimes end up slowing down or blocking the Fastag lanes for other cars.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 10:41   #2895
Senior - BHPian

As mentioned in a prior post, my last trip with fastag was largely frustrating and partly excellent.
Here are a couple of videos on some toll booths showing how easy it can be if things work well. These are near the Salem part of the highway

BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed