Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2018, 11:59   #2911
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
Yesterday I used Fastag first time. Worked perfectly at all the tolls between Bengaluru and Chennai.

Fastag was an Axis Bank issued one, procured by the dealer (Advaith Hyundai, Bengaluru) for my company leased New Verna. So I was a little worried whether it would work since I hadn't submitted any KYC documents.
Hi DigitalOne,

I recently purchased a Verna from Advaith Hyundai and they gave me an Axis Bank Fastag.

I have a few queries:

1. Where have you stuck the Fastag? Could you post a picture of it, if that's ok? The dealer did not stick it for me and I haven't figured out what's the best place to put it on the Verna.

2. I got a message saying that my account is recharged with Rs. 200, just before delivery of the car. Can I start using it right away or is there any further activation required by contacting Axis Bank?

Will really appreciate if you could help me out!
Old 4th September 2018, 12:12   #2912
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post
1. Where have you stuck the Fastag? Could you post a picture of it, if that's ok? The dealer did not stick it for me and I haven't figured out what's the best place to put it on the Verna.
Don't break your head on this one. It's an RFID tag and you only need to paste it around the inside rear view mirror so the FASTag lettering/Logo is visible to the guards manning the lane. The apprehensions regarding the distance, angle, position etc should be laid to rest.

We have discussed about this very [best place to paste] nearly every month if you scroll back few pages.

Quote:
Can I start using it right away or is there any further activation required by contacting Axis Bank?
200 will be the security deposit and if your tag status is 'Active' you can still use it but for a limited period till 200 is exhausted.

I will give you a recent example of a friend's car that came with ICICI tag and has just 200 INR as balance and we headed towards Devanahalli on Sunday night. The Tag status was active and we could pass the toll in both directions but the text message on 'low balance' was imminent soon after we passed the booth in one direction.

Bottom line: You can use the tag as long as its status is active and not blacklisted. Conversely , having sufficient balance will help you. So please recharge if you intend to use it for your highway drives any sooner.

Last edited by paragsachania : 4th September 2018 at 12:13.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 13:21   #2913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
[b][u]SBI FASTAG: My Experience.
Thanks for the pic Mr. dailydriver. I got my ICICI Fastag yesterday and it is one of the slim ones. They have shipped with pre applied adhesive, I just have to remove the protective layer and I am good to go but I don't want to risk it so, I think I am going to follow your approach. The hiccup is, I already have my company's parking RFID where you already have your sticker. Could you please let me know if there is any other place where I can paste it without being hassled by the toll guys? Thanks!
drive_angry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 13:26   #2914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Don't break your head on this one. It's an RFID tag and you only need to paste it around the inside rear view mirror so the FASTag lettering/Logo is visible to the guards manning the lane. The apprehensions regarding the distance, angle, position etc should be laid to rest.

I was carrying another fasttag(of my Swift) in my handrest storage area, middle of the front seats which was closed, and hands were rested. Both my tags, one stuck on the windscreen, and the other tag in the storage area got deducted . So location is pretty immaterial!!

Lesson Learnt - Do not carry multiple tags with you in car, anywhere in car
laluks is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 13:32   #2915
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
ROFL! That tag certainly took a toll on you, literally!

Why just a tag inside the car placed somewhere, Arun had an instance of having parked the car near to N5 Plaza at Ongole and the system deducting amount multiple times.

He had parked it like this :

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-h8.jpg

LINK to post.
paragsachania is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 13:32   #2916
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Even if you want to do so, wrap the tag in aluminum foil. That will prevent it from being detected.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 13:55   #2917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Even if you want to do so, wrap the tag in aluminum foil. That will prevent it from being detected.
Yes, Paytm even shipped it in a special type of cover. Keeping it inside the cover should prevent it from getting detected.
Yieldway17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 14:24   #2918
BHPian

Yesterday during our return journey from Thirukadaiyur we were pleasantly surprised by how efficiently FasTag was implemented on NH79 to Salem. It took us less than a minute to pass both toll plazas we encountered. The systems were fully functional.

Of course the traffic was sparse but unlike the tolls on Salem/Chennai-Bangalore highway, the FasTag lines aren't manned at all. Guess road discipline also plays a great role here.

This is a far cry from Salem, Krishnagiri, Attibele tolls where the staff put up barricades to route vehicles to other lines when there was a pileup in the FasTag line. At Krishnagiri we had to move to hybrid line as the receiver stopped working and at Attibele there was about half kilometer long stagnation. So couldn't skim past the traffic to join FasTag line. Thankfully FasTag seems to have been installed on other lines too as the barrier detected my cars FasTag and my PayTM was deducted.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 14:28   #2919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Could you please let me know if there is any other place where I can paste it without being hassled by the toll guys? Thanks!
I will let the following excerpt answer that for you.

Quote:

We have discussed about this very [best place to paste] nearly every month if you scroll back few pages.
Quote:
Thanks DD. Honestly, despite of information available in last few pages of this thread, we have repeated queries about the same topic - Where to paste the FASTag.
Honestly, in spite of tracking this thread since the beginning, I too was scratching my head to find a good place for the tag. The problem was compounded in my case because I have not removed the strip of cooling paper at the top of the windshield. I was not sure whether the non transparent paper would interfere with the detection. I then decided to play it safe by wrapping the tag in a plastic cover and use it temporarily and then find a permanent place for it.

Thanks for the (re)clarification.

Last edited by dailydriver : 4th September 2018 at 14:47.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 14:31   #2920
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
I will let the following excerpt answer that for you.
Thanks DD. Honestly, despite of information available in last few pages of this thread, we have repeated queries about the same topic - Where to paste the FASTag.

Here's one that I had answered earlier that should also refresh the thread on the very query:

Quote:
Guys, paste the tag 'anywhere' on the front windscreen and it won't really matter. The System would still scan it anyway.

The reasons for the placement of the Tag near the IRVM on right hand side:
- It is easier for the Toll attendant to manually scan it in case the automated scanner is not functioning/absent by just stretching his hand out of the window

- It is also easier for the automated scanner to detect these tags because the pillar on which this is hosted is mostly on your (driver's) right hand side

- It is easier for the man guarding the booth to spot your tag with that FASTag logo and hence allow you to pass into the dedicated lane meant for FASTag

- It is easier to fix the tag on the right hand side and leave the left side for a lot of other stickers, including the OEM RFID that comes in all cars post 2013
Hence, don't worry too much on placement as long as you walk outside your car and are able to spot the tag easily from a distance.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 15:40   #2921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was carrying another fasttag(of my Swift) in my handrest storage area, middle of the front seats which was closed, and hands were rested. Both my tags, one stuck on the windscreen, and the other tag in the storage area got deducted . So location is pretty immaterial!!
The FASTag is basically the same as the ID cards issued by most companies - but the reader/scanner is made quite powerful to detect the tag from quite a distance. I guess that explains why the other tag also got read

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
...or anti-static cover - considering where laluks is working
silversteed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 18:31   #2922
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

ICICI Fastag users can now find their tag balance by using one of these methods:

1. SMS "ETCBAL KA01AB1234" (replace "KA01AB1234" with your vehicle number) to 5676766

2. Give a missed call to 8010928888 from your registered Mobile Number (linked to ICICI FasTag account)

*Tried the SMS option today and works like a charm

**Tried the missed call option and that I think is a better option for those with more than one tag since it sends back an SMS with the balances of all linked ICICI FasTags

Last edited by NPV : 4th September 2018 at 18:53.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 19:03   #2923
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
ICICI Fastag users can now find their tag balance by using one of these methods:

1. SMS "ETCBAL KA01AB1234" (replace "KA01AB1234" with your vehicle number) to 5676766
Thank you, sir, for sharing the method. Easy now to keep track of the balance. Just checked mine.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20180904184622.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 14:32   #2924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
All you need to do is add your tag's account as Payee via netbanking and then transfer money via IMPS.
I have done this for Axis bank tag many times.
So we give the 14-digit Wallet Id as the receiver account number? What do we give as Payee account type - SB, Current account, Cash Credit, Loan account are the types given in my ICICI bank account - when we add a Payee?

The Axis bank FAQ mentions the Wallet id as 17 digit whereas it is 14 digit in my case
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-axisneft.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post
Hi DigitalOne,

I recently purchased a Verna from Advaith Hyundai and they gave me an Axis Bank Fastag.

I have a few queries:

2. I got a message saying that my account is recharged with Rs. 200, just before delivery of the car. Can I start using it right away or is there any further activation required by contacting Axis Bank?
Congratulations on your new car!.

1. Others have answered, but you can still look at where the Advaith folks (Billekahalli, Bangalore) only affixed it.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20180904_200436.jpg

2. Yes, you can start using it. Just to make sure before I started using it, I did call the Axis bank Fastag call center. You can also get your vehicle number linked to the Fastag account in case it is not done.
DigitalOne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 16:56   #2925
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

It is not really required to paste the fastag on the glass. If there are any apprehensions of sticking it to the sunfilm or worrying about replacing it along with windshield. It can also be attached via masking tape to the glass without removing the adhesive backing.

I have been using the same and there are no issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks