Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2018, 14:42   #2956
Team-BHP Support

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Recent Fastag experience:
-Devanahalli/BIAL Airport toll (onward) - this was my first time after this toll being operational recently. At first, the boom barrier did not open, so backed up about 2-3 feet and the display lit up followed by boom barrier opening.
-Returned from the Airport few minutes later and for the very first time the tag worked in this direction for me. All earlier ocassions, had to use the spillover and then have them use the handheld scanner or sometimes, it just worked on reaching the toll booth (Semi-automatic lane).
Onward is manual. The operator needs to activate reader.
Return - the trick is to drive very slowly
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 18:55   #2957
BHPian

HDFC fastag owners what is the experience with topping up HDFC fastag?

As for me it looks like it's worst!!
I got a HDFC fastag for my new car, because this was the dealers arrangement for going with HDFC. I topped it up on 13th September through NEFT and my bank account also shows deduction, till date there is no addition to my fastag account. Called them numerous times on their customer service number, only reply I get is there is some technical problem. I have been given 48hr deadlines 3 -4 times now. I even sent an email to fastag.hdfcbank@insolutionsglobal.com (given to me by the customer service) with my bank statement but no reply as yet. Any hdfc fastag users encountering this problem?

I had a Paytm fastag earlier, it was so easy to operate, not at all happy with this one. Just waiting to get the refund and buy the Paytm one.
Old 25th September 2018, 07:40   #2958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
1. Others have answered, but you can still look at where the Advaith folks (Billekahalli, Bangalore) only affixed it.

Attachment 1796300
I had temporarily placed my Fastag on the right top corner of the windscreen on my Verna, with tape. I then trialed it at the Hoskote Toll. The automatic detection did not work and the guy at the toll had to bring out the hand held manual scanner to scan my Fastag. Happened both while going from and returning to Kadugodi. I noticed other cars ahead of me did not face this issue, hence I ruled out a faulty sensor. This was just before an upcoming trip to Dindigul.

So I shifted the Fastag to a location similar to the one referred to in DigitalOne's quote above. This too was temporarily fixed using tape but the automatic detection worked flawlessly during the onward drive to Dindigul - at every single toll. I was very slow while passing the sensor as many may have already suggested. Still, it must have saved me at least 45 mins of travel time, if not more! So before returning to Bangalore, I took the tape off and pasted the Fastag at the same location, permanently. Works like a charm ever since.

Apart from this, I too find the Axis Bank Fastag portal to be an abomination. Only once have I been able to login to the portal and be able to navigate / view the various options. Rest of the time nothing on that page has ever worked. I honestly cannot believe they could come up with something so abysmal.

I use IMPS through my bank account to recharge the Fastag. Thankfully, it works well!
red.devil_19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 09:47   #2959
Distinguished - BHPian

Facing this issue with one of the Equitas tag.
Return journey will also be charged a regular 1 way fare and I should raise a ticket and get the refund after a month
Both my cars have Equitas tag and I don't have any issues with the other car.

Any such experience by fellow members?
Old 26th September 2018, 23:05   #2960
BHPian

I have finally procured Fastag from HDFC through online application. Unfortunately, I misplaced the instruction page. Can anyone please upload photo of HDFC Fastag post installation? I need to be sure how and where to fix it. Also how to recharge the Fastag account.
Old 27th September 2018, 08:42   #2961
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to do a recharge after a long time on my Axis Bank fastag. At first, when I tried through their website, it gave a message that an amount of Rs.100/- was high for a topup denomination.
I called their call center. Was promptly informed that the KYC for the tag was not done (??), hence it was not allowing the topup. She asked if I had an Axis bank account, which I did and shared the details. They noted the complaint and assigned a ticket to me, with an assurance that it will be resolved in 3 days. The next day it was approved and I was able to top up the Tag.
Happy with this experience, although I wonder what went wrong with the KYC as they took my Aadhaar at the time of purchasing the tag.

My KIAL airport trips to and fro had the tag working perfectly and amount debited promptly.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 14:38   #2962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I wanted to do a recharge after a long time on my Axis Bank fastag. At first, when I tried through their website, it gave a message that an amount of Rs.100/- was high for a topup denomination.
I called their call center. Was promptly informed that the KYC for the tag was not done (??), hence it was not allowing the topup.
I am yet to resolve this KYC nonsense on my Axis Fastag. I don't have an account with them; is there a form to fill up for KYC or should I just submit my Aadhar to a branch?

Also, for 6 months, I have noticed that the Axis fastag website doesn't work. You cannot recharge on the site or register yourself as a new user since the OTP validation keeps failing. I find that I can only NEFT to the Fastag account to top-up. What's your experience been like?
Old 27th September 2018, 14:52   #2963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I am yet to resolve this KYC nonsense on my Axis Fastag. I don't have an account with them; is there a form to fill up for KYC or should I just submit my Aadhar to a branch?

Also, for 6 months, I have noticed that the Axis fastag website doesn't work. You cannot recharge on the site or register yourself as a new user since the OTP validation keeps failing. I find that I can only NEFT to the Fastag account to top-up. What's your experience been like?
For me, since I had an axis account already, I didn't enquire about alternate means of KYC verification. Maybe you can all their call center, they would be able to help. Ive had no issue so far in recharging through their website.
I used to have login issues earlier, but now its ok.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 17:22   #2964
BHPian

Here is my experience with 2 separate service providers

PayTM

Applied for on 6 Sep. Was told it will be delivered by 22 Sep.
Waited. Waited. Waited. Am still waiting.

Reached out to them on phone to check. Pathetic response.

Reached out to them on Twitter. Somebody did call me back. Was promised heaven and earth. So far delivery is only hot air. After waiting for 4 more days asked them to cancel the delivery and refund the amount. Still waiting for it.

ICICI

Applied on 25 Sep by taking photos of the required docs and uploading on their site. Got message on 26 Sep that account has been created. The activated tag has been delivered today i.e. 29 Sep. Logged onto to their website. Created user id and password and did the first test charge as well.

The recharge process is very simple. All you have to do is send the recharge amount through UPI to VPA netc.<10-digit-vehicle-no.>@icici and the recharge is done instantly. I did this through BHIM UPI app on my phone for Rs. 50 and the entire amount was credited to the tag without any charges/commissions.

In the meanwhile, am still awaiting a response from PayTM.
BeantownThinker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 15:18   #2965
BHPian

I have not physically submitted my kyc with equitas. Now they are not allowing me to recharge as my account is 1 year old. Somehow I dont feel to continue with equitas. Thinking of Switching to Paytm.
Should I cancel my tag with equitas before I apply in Paytm?
Is there any specific procedure?
Or can I go ahead and apply in Paytm and cancel in Equitas as separate process?

This may be a dumb qn, but tag performance (ease of getting scanned/ cashback etc) doesnt depend on who provides it right?
Old 10th October 2018, 15:30   #2966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Facing this issue with one of the Equitas tag.
Return journey will also be charged a regular 1 way fare and I should raise a ticket and get the refund after a month
Both my cars have Equitas tag and I don't have any issues with the other car.

Any such experience by fellow members?
This may not be an Equitas specific problem, I have faced the issue with ICICI Tag as well.

Log into the Equitas Fastag portal and raise a grievance with a screenshot of the transaction information, the excess fees would get reverted
RSimonS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2018, 11:21   #2967
BHPian

Axis bank fastag. I had recharged for 500 and the last message I had showed balance of 185 after my trip. I get a message now during my abroad trip, when the car is safely parked at home. The message reads the fastag is overdrawn of Rs 210
How is it possible?
Old 18th October 2018, 13:19   #2968
Senior - BHPian

I guess this will be the first post regarding replacing the tag. My windshield was damaged the last week and I got the tag replaced after the windshield was changed.

Called ICICI helpline and asked if they can get a duplicate, they said it was possible and I left it at that. They called me and said they could send it by courier or collect it from the bommanahalli branch. Opted for the latter and had to recharge first before getting the new one allocated. Total damage 300, deducted directly. There is no duplicate, new tag is issued and allocated to your account.
Old 18th October 2018, 21:38   #2969
BHPian

I am planning to procure a tag from ICICI bank, should the address in car RC match the address in KYC ?

Also, will the tag get de-activated if it sits idle for long(say an year)?
Old 18th October 2018, 22:17   #2970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
I guess this will be the first post regarding replacing the tag. My windshield was damaged the last week and I got the tag replaced after the windshield was changed.

Called ICICI helpline and asked if they can get a duplicate, they said it was possible and I left it at that. They called me and said they could send it by courier or collect it from the bommanahalli branch. Opted for the latter and had to recharge first before getting the new one allocated. Total damage 300, deducted directly. There is no duplicate, new tag is issued and allocated to your account.
If you still see the old tag in your account when you login, there's a small issue. You can't transfer all the balance amount from the old tag to the new tag. 100 rupees has to be left behind. Of course you could still use it if the old tag is not damaged or there won't be any promblem if there was not balance at all. If we have to take out that amount, we can't cancel just one tag in your account but the account has to be closed completely. I have 100 rupees left idle in my fastag of my previous car. Tag is not with me anymore and i don't want to close the entire account as there are more tags in that account. Lesson learnt. Empty the balance before replacing a tag

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks