Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2019, 13:12   #3616
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

UPI ID for Federal Bank Fastags?

A friend picked up FASTag on his way from Kerala provided by Federal Bank. It seems to be activated now as per the text he sent.

I would like you know if anyone here on the forum uses FASTag from Federal Bank and if yes, do they allow recharge of FASTag via UPI ID ? Also, what is the format of UPI ID in case of Federal bank FASTag?
Old 18th October 2019, 14:21   #3617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
UPI ID for Federal Bank Fastags?

A friend picked up FASTag on his way from Kerala provided by Federal Bank. It seems to be activated now as per the text he sent.

I would like you know if anyone here on the forum uses FASTag from Federal Bank and if yes, do they allow recharge of FASTag via UPI ID ? Also, what is the format of UPI ID in case of Federal bank FASTag?
Though I am not using Federal bank fastag, 2 days back I tried recharging Axis bank's FasTag using the same methodology given for ICICI tags (netc.regn.no@axisbank) using 'BHIM' App. Please note, I could verify the UPI account from BHIM App and successfully transfer Re. 1 but not from UPI transfer methods in ICICI or HDFC Apps.

Also I could do only one new account UPI transfer from BHIM app on that day and it declined transferring when I tried the same for my brother's (new) Fastag account. So try transferring to Federal bank's tag using similar methodology. I guess it could be netc.Regn.no@federalbank .
batman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 15:40   #3618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
So try transferring to Federal bank's tag using similar methodology. I guess it could be netc.Regn.no@federalbank .
Thanks batman. Before posting here I was searching for UPI ID format for federal bank but wasn't helpful. Then I checked YouTube where somewhere I see that the UPI ID follows a format with @federal and not @federalbank. I tried both for my friend's car and I got an error that the UPI ID were invalid.

So may be it will take time for the UPI ID to get activated. In case of ICICI it was quick because I have tried similar whenever I had guided my friends/colleagues to use UPI instead of the bank's app to load the FASTag wallets and the best thing with UPI is that it verifies instantly as "ETC TOLL TAG".
Old 18th October 2019, 17:00   #3619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Thanks batman. Before posting here I was searching for UPI ID format for federal bank but wasn't helpful. Then I checked YouTube where somewhere I see that the UPI ID follows a format with @federal and not @federalbank. I tried both for my friend's car and I got an error that the UPI ID were invalid.

So may be it will take time for the UPI ID to get activated. In case of ICICI it was quick because I have tried similar whenever I had guided my friends/colleagues to use UPI instead of the bank's app to load the FASTag wallets and the best thing with UPI is that it verifies instantly as "ETC TOLL TAG".
Just now I tried similarly for a Fastag issued by Kotak, it is working from BHIM App and not when I tried the same from ICICI App.
Old 20th October 2019, 10:12   #3620

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

I just did Pune - Mumbai - Pune a couple of days ago. The Fast Tag system is a complete mess. On my way to Mumbai at the Talegaon toll plaza on the expressway, the scanner said that I don't have any balance in my account. I informed the guy in the tollbooth that I had 2100 balance. He did something on the system and it then deducted 138 Rs from my account. At the Khalapur plaza, the sensor would not read my Fast tag and so a hand scanner was used and this time it deducted 92 Rs from my account. The local toll plaza at Mumbai when crossing Thane Creek does not fall under Fast-Tag jurisdiction because it is not an NHAI toll. So I had to pay cash. On the return journey at both Khalapur as well as Talegaon the sensors would not read my Fast Tag and neither would the handheld devices. There was some issue where the operators kept saying " Range nahi mil raha hai". Anyways at both those plazas, I was allowed to go through without payment. Ridiculous. And these tolls are supposed to be fully compliant with the Fast Tag system. From 01 Dec I believe if you do not have a Fast Tag you will be charged double fare. Something needs to be done seriously.
Old 23rd October 2019, 16:08   #3621
BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBrian View Post
From 01 Dec I believe if you do not have a Fast Tag you will be charged double fare. Something needs to be done seriously.
Call up 1033 and complain. They may not do anything, but do create the document trail. Only takes a few minutes.
Old 24th October 2019, 12:39   #3622
Senior - BHPian

Can somebody confirm if we can buy a FASTag for our relative's vehicle? I have the documents of my sister's car. I want to apply and get one for that Honda Brio.

Please confirm if it's possible. Thank you.
Old 24th October 2019, 14:32   #3623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Can somebody confirm if we can buy a FASTag for our relative's vehicle? I have the documents of my sister's car. I want to apply and get one for that Honda Brio.

Please confirm if it's possible. Thank you.
Asking a question on similar lines, especially to PayTM FasTag users. I'm a PayTM FasTag user for quite some time. Now with it becoming mandatory from 1st December, I need another tag for my Dad's car. He doesn't use PayTM and is not much into digital thing. So can I apply for it from my PayTM account? Has anyone tried this?
Old 24th October 2019, 16:42   #3624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Yes, when applying quote yourself as driver. This will need 2 sets of IDs (owner + your) and vehicle docs. Used this to get Fastag for my car which is registered in dad's name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Asking a question on similar lines, especially to PayTM FasTag users. I'm a PayTM FasTag user for quite some time. Now with it becoming mandatory from 1st December, I need another tag for my Dad's car. He doesn't use PayTM and is not much into digital thing. So can I apply for it from my PayTM account? Has anyone tried this?
Not sure if you can have tags for cars on different person's names attached to same PayTM account. But you can definitely apply and see.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 12:56   #3625
BHPian

Did Pune Kolhapur yesterday.

Paid Toll through FastTag at all booths except Tasawade. At Tasawade booth, only few right lanes are FastTag enabled. Other toll booths have it on all lanes.
Old 26th October 2019, 14:28   #3626
BHPian

ICICI fastag was delivered within the committed 8 days after applying. They have an app on Google Playstore to manage the tag (in addition to the web portal). I am yet to use it, but happy with delivery part which was on time unlike some unpleasant references above.

Just for everyone's reference.
null is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 22:32   #3627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Applied for ICICI FASTag on Oct 06, received it on Oct 14.
Used FASTag at all toll booths on NH4 during my Pune-Goa-Pune trip this week, via Belgaum. Out of a total of 12 toll payments (6 each for the onward and return trips), I had to wait for more than a couple of minutes only twice due to several long distance trucks and buses in front of me. Everywhere else it took me less than half a minute to cross the toll booths. All SMS notifications were received within 10 minutes. Only thing which I feel should be discouraged is having lanes which accept both cash and FASTag.

Overall, my experience was quite good, and hope it soon becomes the norm for all highway users. Fingers crossed!

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 26th October 2019 at 22:33.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 01:59   #3628
Team-BHP Support

I ordered mine through ICICI and got it in 8 days. I will not be a frequent user but got one to avoid the December rush, if it does come to that.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 11:55   #3629
BHPian

I just received mine from ICICI too. Had a question which has perhaps been asked before. How does it work at toll booth which have 2 possible toll fees depending upon the distance. Eg, the Pune expressway toll which has different rates for Lonavala and Pune/Mumbai?
Old 27th October 2019, 11:59   #3630
Team-BHP Support

Will the card not be debited according to your entry and exit points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre13 View Post
I just received mine from ICICI too. Had a question which has perhaps been asked before. How does it work at toll booth which have 2 possible toll fees depending upon the distance. Eg, the Pune expressway toll which has different rates for Lonavala and Pune/Mumbai?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks