Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2019, 10:23   #3706
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
FASTAG being a payment instrument just like a credit or debit card(in a minor way) and also a tracking instrument it is mandatory to cancel it officially to avoid misuse and disputes.
Early days yet, but it would be great if eventually FASTag portability across service providers is introduced, just like mobile # portability. That would probably ensure that the tag issuer resolves disputes (if any) promptly to keep the consumer satisfied. Wishful thinking, I know

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 14:03   #3707
Senior - BHPian

What about rental cars like zoomcar. How do they propose to deal with that?
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 14:30   #3708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
*Remains to be see how this will be implemented. If all lanes are FASTag enabled, any vehicle without the tag will be violating this rule and will need to pay double the toll fee. But, will there be at least one cash lane for a short period to enable the transition ? I'm wondering about this because I see so many vehicles at toll plazas still without the tags and many seem to be blissfully unaware
There will be one hybrid lane which accepts FASTag and other forms of payment including cash. Penalty is only if you violate into FASTag lane.

Quote:
The government will depute officials across states for the rollout of electronic toll collection at all National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) toll plazas pan-India. However, one lane will be kept as a hybrid lane which will accept FASTag as well as other modes of payment. From December 1, owners of vehicles that are not fitted with FASTag (electronic toll collection) will be charged double the toll fee if they use 'FASTag lanes' at toll plazas along national highways.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/72120846.cms

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 19th November 2019 at 14:31.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 12:55   #3709

I got fastag from Karur Vaishya Bank (came along with car). Want to recharge but the website often has issues and also charges are very high. Can I move the (same) fastag from KVB to HDFC or any other bank without peeling it or changing it?
Old 20th November 2019, 13:18   #3710
Senior - BHPian

I have Ertiga 2016 and it has a tag on it. Not sure if it is the "fast tag" since I did not receive any user name and password info while buying the car. However service folks will scan it before servicing the car. My question is how will I know if that is a fast tag or some other tag? It is placed on top left corner (when seen from inside of the car) where I would place a real fast tag.
Will the dealers help getting a fast tag for already sold car or I have to personally apply for it in banks? I do have another Tiago car and it has a fast tag on top left corner. I received user name and password for the same and I could recharge that as well.
Old 20th November 2019, 13:31   #3711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I have Ertiga 2016 and it has a tag on it. Not sure if it is the "fast tag" since I did not receive any user name and password info while buying the car. However service folks will scan it before servicing the car. My question is how will I know if that is a fast tag or some other tag? It is placed on top left corner (when seen from inside of the car) where I would place a real fast tag.
Will the dealers help getting a fast tag for already sold car or I have to personally apply for it in banks? I do have another Tiago car and it has a fast tag on top left corner. I received user name and password for the same and I could recharge that as well.
Your Ertiga does not have not fastag, that's a tag used by manufacturers to monitor movement.
Fastag was made mandatory end 2016 if I recall correctly.
You will need to apply yourself at any of the banks that offer Fastag, it's a simple process.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 13:33   #3712
BHPian

Is there any check by NHAI whether this deadline is honored by concessionaires. The reason behind asking this question is there is no action to convert all lanes into Fastag enabled lanes on NH3 Vadpe and Ghoti toll plaza where i travel frequently. When asked booth attendant, he casually answered we are working on it.

Secondly i have already told that i have received third new Fastag and have Garware sun film installed on windshield. As someone replied to paste the Fastag on mobile screen guard and paste it with cello tape on windshield so that permanent location for tag can be found. As i am already frustrated with tag not being detected due to sunfilm, does this method will not create one more barrier between tag and reader?
Old 20th November 2019, 14:43   #3713

Guys I just got a new car, do I need to get etc for the bandra worli sea link or fastag will work. I don't want a situation where toll is being cut from both tags.
Old 20th November 2019, 14:49   #3714
Senior - BHPian

Placed order for two FASTags on 18th Nov through Paytm and HDFC. PayTM says delivery by 7th Dec. (don't recall the app showing delivery date before placing the order)

Let's see which one arrives first

Last edited by Klub Class : 20th November 2019 at 14:51.
Old 20th November 2019, 14:57   #3715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Today i called their customer care and have put a complaint. They have sent me the complaint number and told, it will be taken care ASAP. Lets see what happens. In the mean time, if any of you get any update please let us know.
Any update from your end? I am still waiting to add for my 2nd car.
Sukanta73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 15:36   #3716
Team-BHP Support

I know this is going to enable Rs. 10/20 pass at the exempted toll gate.
Old 20th November 2019, 16:09   #3717
BHPian

Sorry if this is a repeated query. I need a fastag for a pre-owned Alto that I recently bought for my parents.

Is it necessary that I should get a Fastag from a particular bank only if I have an account with them? Out of the mentioned service providers, SBI is the only bank I have an account with. I'd like to get a Fastag from HDFC (I don't have a savings/current account with them) as they allow online order of the tag, whereas for SBI, there seems to be no online ordering facility. And PayTM's Fastag seems to have mixed reviews.

Kindly advise.
Old 20th November 2019, 16:23   #3718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.iyer95 View Post
I'd like to get a Fastag from HDFC (I don't have a savings/current account with them)

Kindly advise.
You do not need to have an account with HDFC to use their Fastag.

Please scroll down to the bottom of this page to learn about the various mechanisms you can use to fund your Fastag.
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 16:28   #3719
Team-BHP Support

I applied for Fastag yesterday from HDFC bank. But it looks like their system is broken. I got the following status by the end of the process.
--------------
Your Fastag application reference number HFRXXXXX.
The Fastag Application PDF is sent to your registered email ID.
Our representative will get in touch with you soon.
You will receive your Fastag in the next 7 working days. Contact 18001201243 for queries.
--------------
Well, nothing was sent to my registered email ID. They picked up all my details (address/phone/email) from my HDFC account, which is needed for KYC. And there is no way to track the process. Their contact number says the line is busy.

Be ready for the above if you are applying via HDFC bank.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 16:34   #3720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthu88 View Post
Guys I just got a new car, do I need to get etc for the bandra worli sea link or fastag will work. I don't want a situation where toll is being cut from both tags.
Fastag will not work at Bandra Worli sealink. Currently Fastag is applicable for national highways only. You have to purchase separate ETC tag from MEP which operates toll plaza at sealink and five Mumbai entry points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.iyer95 View Post
Is it necessary that I should get a Fastag from a particular bank only if I have an account with them?
There is no need to purchase Fastag from any one particular bank and also no need to have account with them. You can recharge your Fastag account with various methods e.g. UPI. ICICI is best amongst others in terms of delivery, customer care and recharge.
sandeepsc is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks