Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2019, 10:47   #3781
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to have two owners (me and my father) have the same Fastag account for our 4 cars. Three cars in my name and one car in my father's name.

I basically want to buy all the 4 fastest myself and keep the trouble of recharging them to myself.
Old 23rd November 2019, 10:48   #3782
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
I applied yesterday through iMobile app and was assigned the tag number.
In the recharge section of the iMobile app there is an option to recharge vehicle or recharge fastag wallet. What is the difference?
Yeah, I also want to know what is this CUG wallet? Is it another wallet like Paytm etc? Also, if I recharge my tag with an amount, can I then transfer it back to my bank account after the end of my journey?
Old 23rd November 2019, 11:39   #3783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Is it possible to have two owners (me and my father) have the same Fastag account for our 4 cars. Three cars in my name and one car in my father's name.

I basically want to buy all the 4 fastest myself and keep the trouble of recharging them to myself.

I am in a similar situation. I drive a car which is in my mother's name. I just ordered the Paytm fast tag yesterday. Not sure how it works.

P.S: the Paytm fastags take a lot of time to get delivered. Mine is showing a 14 day delivery time.
Old 23rd November 2019, 11:53   #3784
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
Yeah, I also want to know what is this CUG wallet? Is it another wallet like Paytm etc? Also, if I recharge my tag with an amount, can I then transfer it back to my bank account after the end of my journey?
*From my experience with ICICI
The CUG wallet is just a top level holding account when you login to the ICICI Fastag portal. This is typically to help you manage your fleet of vehicles by recharging the CUG wallet and then transferring some amount of that balance to individual tag accounts that are linked.
When recharging from the ICICI Fastag portal, one can recharge the CUG wallet or recharge individual tag account(s).

*Note:you tag could have insufficient balance even though the CUG wallet has funds, so make sure you recharge the tag accounts or transfer from CUG wallet to tag account(s) as necessary
Old 23rd November 2019, 12:25   #3785
BHPian

I can't find any FASTag option in ICICI iMobile app. Have checked that I have the latest version. Have they stopped this option of applying for FASTag ?
Old 23rd November 2019, 12:35   #3786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
I can't find any FASTag option in ICICI iMobile app. Have checked that I have the latest version. Have they stopped this option of applying for FASTag ?
I just searched ICICI FASTag on Google and applied for the tag via the website. It's effectively the same and is a very easy process. I believe the total charges are INR499.12 including the fee (99) + refundable deposit (200) + min balance (200) + other charges. If you pay via credit card then they'll charge you ~1.50% more but that's optional. NetBanking is free.

Though I will admit, it never struck me to check on the iMobile app which is why I went the website route.
Old 23rd November 2019, 12:44   #3787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
I applied yesterday through iMobile app and was assigned the tag number.
In the recharge section of the iMobile app there is an option to recharge vehicle or recharge fastag wallet. What is the difference?
I guess "recharge fastag account" is for multiple vehicles with different tags but same account. And "vehicle recharge" is to assign amount to specific vehicle.
Old 23rd November 2019, 12:44   #3788
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the fastag being given free at toll plazas? So i just get it and recharge online? Do i need my car or can i just go in person and pick it up?
Old 23rd November 2019, 12:50   #3789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnInternetUser View Post
Though I will admit, it never struck me to check on the iMobile app which is why I went the website route.

It seems if you do it through iMobile app then KYC is not needed. That's why I was interested but could not find the option.
Old 23rd November 2019, 12:57   #3790
BHPian

Quote:
It seems if you do it through iMobile app then KYC is not needed. That's why I was interested but could not find the option.
If you go to recharge tab or shop tab and slide to left, you'll find fastag option.

App version: 10.3
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20191123125538_imobile.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20191123125615_imobile.jpg  

Last edited by yoscenario2000 : 23rd November 2019 at 13:15. Reason: Requested Additional information about App added
yoscenario2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 13:00   #3791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Is the fastag being given free at toll plazas? So i just get it and recharge online? Do i need my car or can i just go in person and pick it up?
From what I heard, they just give you a blank tag. You'll have to link it manually to your preferred bank. And you need to go with the vehicle as well.
ram.iyer95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 13:02   #3792
BHPian

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
If you go to recharge tab or shop tab and slide to left, you'll find fastag option.

Could you please share the iMobile app version please ? And which OS please. TAttachment 1938228

Last edited by pgupta : 23rd November 2019 at 13:08.
Old 23rd November 2019, 13:12   #3793
BHPian

Paytm is running a Free FAstag campaign. Not much is free - Rs.100 Tag charge is free and Minimum balance of Rs.150+Rs.250 refundable deposit is still payable.
Old 23rd November 2019, 13:36   #3794
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please share the iMobile app version please ? And which OS please. TAttachment 1938228
ICICI imobile App version: 10.3
yoscenario2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 13:36   #3795
BHPian

I believe the fasttag option on imobile will be available if you have a bank account with ICICI. I only have credit cards and do not see the fasttag option.

Most Viewed