Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2019, 15:05   #3856
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetG View Post
Why do we need to give photo, RC, License copy, ID etc.?
Fastag is tied to you and the chassis number, hence RC is a must. Even for a new car, some sort of registration record is how the dealer gets the mandatory tag.

You - Because the account and payment is associated to you.
RC - The only vehicle record, and it indicates the class of vehicle. Thats how toll charges are debited.

Photo was not needed 2 years back
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 15:16   #3857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Fastag is tied to you and the chassis number, hence RC is a must. Even for a new car, some sort of registration record is how the dealer gets the mandatory tag.

You - Because the account and payment is associated to you.
RC - The only vehicle record, and it indicates the class of vehicle. Thats how toll charges are debited.

Photo was not needed 2 years back
Again, my question is, why should the fastag be tied to my chassis number? As long as i am buying the right category of tag (4 wheeler, 2 wheeler etc.), why should the government need my personal details.

Also, why should the bank account and fastag be linked? As long as my fastag has enough balance, it should work. Like a metro card. One does not need to do a kyc to get a metro rail card.

rgds
Old 25th November 2019, 16:02   #3858
BHPian

I have a local pass (something similar to a pass tag) for Kherki Daula (Manesar) toll pass. Since I am a local resident, it lets me commute at a lower monthly cost compared to the one-way toll. This is also a RFID tag pasted on my windscreen. I have already applied for FasTag through ICICI online website, but not sure when I will be getting it physically.

I have two questions here:
1. Will I be allowed to continue using the local RFID pass as usual, or will it be stopped?
2. Once I get the FasTag, what is the process of getting the local pass integrated. I assume if the FasTag and local PassTag are both stuck, the passtag will continue to be deducted, as well as the FasTag will deduct the one-way charge for me.

Thanks!
Old 25th November 2019, 19:10   #3859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
EDIT:
Anyone has any idea whom/where to raise an issue if one is unable to recharge via UPI? I am not as much worried about the 100 that I probably lost, but for future ease, UPI seems to be the fastest way to recharge.
I face this issue with an HDFC fasTag
I raised the dispute on GPay for the 100 I recharged last friday.

Here's the fun part now
I tried again for INR 1. It got debited from my account at 5:39pm
I got the sms from FasTag for the credit at 6:31 pm.

That leaves me confused now

Whether to use UPI or not, will now depend on how the 100 rupee thing is resolved.
vinit.merchant is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 22:10   #3860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetG View Post
Again, my question is, why should the fastag be tied to my chassis number?
Toll is dependent on class of vehicle. There is no way for a 3rd party to verify what your vehicle class is.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 01:20   #3861
Team-BHP Support

Tried recharging my SBI Fastag with UPI twice, failed both times. That was after GPay failed to recognize the netc.<reg#>@sbi VPA for an entire day.
Old 26th November 2019, 07:03   #3862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor_Nut View Post
My new car came with a HDFC FASTag and I found out that address is incorrectly updated by them, most likely dealership goofed up. I was advised by customer care to email address proof and other details to fastag.hdfcbank@insolutionsglobal.com, which I did two weeks ago. After that I have been following up with customer care but still incorrect address is being reflected. Worst, at times, HDFC FASTag customer care number is not reachable through out the day. With all this mess and FASTag itself not working, I have planned to close HDFC tag and get the refund, which as per customer care will be done via a DD being sent to my address!

I have already purchased another FASTag from PayTM mall last week and can see FASTag account created in my PayTM wallet. Hoping to get it delivered in few days, the best thing with PayTM FASTag is that users no need to transfer money in FASTag account, money is auto deducted from main PayTM wallet, convenient and simple.
Absolutely similar experience with HDFC Bank, seems like they have little or no interest in selling Fastag and are basically doing it just because they dont want to foul up the relationship with govt by not getting behind this initiative. Also, customer service sucks for HDFC Bank's FASTag and its outsourced ( obviously this means there is no money to be made in this). Have applied for PayTM Fastag lets see how it goes...
Old 26th November 2019, 08:59   #3863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
People staying close to toll gates are currently exempted from paying.(by showing adhar card i.e address proof)

Is there a way add exception by default in fasttag?
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay87kumar View Post
I have a local pass (something similar to a pass tag) for Kherki Daula (Manesar) toll pass.
Further to the above queries, is anyone aware of how the Fastag will be integrated to the Local Pass.

Also, would there be any limits after the integration. (Currently, Local Pass holders can cross the toll any number of times without charges in Chennai IT Expressway).

Thanks in advance.
Old 26th November 2019, 09:17   #3864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
paste a transparent tape to cover the adhesive side completely. Paste another tape on the other side with few mm protruding out on all sides and experiment wherever you want.
+1 to this formula; I've used it with success on all entry passes given to me by companies, apartments, and the govt. PUC stickers too.

Was not sure if it would work well on an RFID but this post clears the air

Thank You, Parag.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 09:50   #3865
Team-BHP Support

Another alternative is to install one of those transparent ticket holders on the A-pillar. I have one, and I have absolutely nothing stuck permanently on my windscreen. Tags are swapped as necessary, and stay in a dashboard cubbyhole when not in use.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 12:26   #3866
BHPian

Is it possible to switch from one provider to another ? Or even cancelling the current account ? I want to cancel/close the HDFC fastag account, and get a new one from PayTM - a far better option. My new car came with HDFC and would like to switch back to PayTM.
Old 26th November 2019, 15:36   #3867
BHPian

I have just placed an order for Fastag from ICICI bank. I got a message promptly notifying that the account has been activated.

I want to purchase another tag for my second car from ICICI. Should I fill in a new application or is there a provision for getting add-on tag ?

Please enlighten me as I'm new to this Fastag business.
Pferdestarke is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 15:43   #3868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
I want to purchase another tag for my second car from ICICI. Should I fill in a new application or is there a provision for getting add-on tag ?
Both work, you can link existing / new ICICI tag to your account or order a new one once your online account has been created.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 16:04   #3869
Distinguished - BHPian

To all the users of Fastag on Hyderabad ORR, are all the deductions accurate?

Recently, I made 3 round trips and found that payments for two are perfect. In these three trips, I started and ended trip in Gachibowli/Nanakramguda exit (two round trips to exit 12).

However I made one round trip from Financial district to Shamshabad and was charged Rs. 70 and Rs. 30 (almost double the correct fare). Isn't it wrong? I raised a ticket with PayTM but there's no response from them till now.

PS: Before having fastag, I used to do this stretch frequently and was charged Rs. 55 for a round trip.
Old 26th November 2019, 16:21   #3870
Distinguished - BHPian

Just wanted to update my experience in ordering a FASTag from ICICI Bank. THe tag came in today. The entire process from ordering online to delivery of the tag took exactly 6 days.

I have successfully registered the account in ICICI website and the interface seems to be better than the HDFC one which I have for my other car. The good thing is that ICICI accepts payment from their corporate internet banking site as well, which works out pretty well for me since ICICI Bank CA is our primary current account.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 26th November 2019 at 16:23.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed