Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2019, 09:47   #4066
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Patience is the key. I had spent more than a month to get my money loaded onto the tag due to a failed transaction (Bad data network). The money neither came back to my bank account nor reflected in the tag balance.

ICICI asked me for bank statements which I provided but they took their own sweet time. I was very clear that I don't need a refund as long as the disputed amount is credited into the tag, I was absolutely fine.

Finally, tweeting ICICI is what did the job then.
Fed up with their 'no response' attitude, yesterday I forwarded a strong email message addressed to 'headservicequality@icicibank.com' with a copy to 'customercare@icicibankc.com'. I think, the reply I received yesterday night from Fastag help desk can be a direct result of my email sent to those guys? Not sure.

Anyway, waiting for what excuse they are going to give further?
Old 4th December 2019, 13:12   #4067
BHPian

Has anyone bought and activated those bank neutral Fastags from Amazon? I just received mine but unable to activate them through myFastag app(only way to activate nad link them is via myfastag app). Everytime this error is thrown at the end of the registration procedure: FAILURE-Tag not registered - NPCI Code 717

Thanks.
Old 4th December 2019, 13:44   #4068
Senior - BHPian

Dear all
I got my first FASTAG from IDFC First Bank for my santro. When I login to the site, I see all details of Santro and I am able to load money as well.

I recently added another fastag for my second car from the same bank. I got an SMS that it is approved and initial balance loaded as well.

But the issue is I am not able to see my second car details in the login portal. Anyone has any idea as to how to get this added into the same account profile?

Their helpline number is just pathetic. Never gets connected.

Please help

Last edited by gkveda : 4th December 2019 at 13:58.
Old 4th December 2019, 13:49   #4069
BHPian

Getting a Fastag, is not so fast to get one :-( (pun intended). I applied for a fastag via icici portal on 26 November, immediately got a message saying my fastag is activated. That's it after that no updates, not sure if it will be every delivered!.

How complicated this has been made. Rather than making it just a digital currency that can be preloaded, transferable, it is overloaded with vehicle/person info, verification etc. Instead of cash, just a simple & fast method to pay toll.
easyrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 15:49   #4070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
Getting a Fastag, is not so fast to get one :-( (pun intended). I applied for a fastag via icici portal on 26 November, immediately got a message saying my fastag is activated. That's it after that no updates, not sure if it will be every delivered!.

How complicated this has been made. Rather than making it just a digital currency that can be preloaded, transferable, it is overloaded with vehicle/person info, verification etc. Instead of cash, just a simple & fast method to pay toll.
Cannot agree more

There is a Murphy law : "A rat is an Elephant made by Japanese. An Elephant is a rat made to suite Government order"

It could have been as simple as prepaid mobile SIM. But, they have over complicated.

Really not sure why
1. They collect security deposit? What is so secured in the card to collect security deposit
2. What is the need of making it Vehicle specific(ie., Not transferable)
3. Why does it take 15 days to activate? when a prepaid SIM can be activated in 30 mins?

A real mystery for me
gkveda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 15:59   #4071
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
2. What is the need of making it Vehicle specific(ie., Not transferable)

I have explained this a few posts before as to why it is not transferable.
Old 4th December 2019, 16:25   #4072
Lij
BHPian

I applied for Fastag provided by ICICI Bank through their iMobile app. No documents where requested, only mentioned the car make and registration number.

Put in the request and paid the amount on 25th Nov, card was dispatched on 2nd Dec and delivered on 3rd Dec.

So they delivered within their committed SLA of 7 working days.

I can login to the ICICI Bank Fastag portal and see my vehicle details and also the balance. Can easily recharge through the iMobile app as well.
I had to change the registration state and car color as I think they put some default value like Andhra Pradesh and white color.

Now to test its working over the weekend.
Old 4th December 2019, 16:32   #4073
Senior - BHPian

I already have an ICICI fastag for my one car and is planning to get Fastag for my second car. Does it make it easier and convenient to buy the second one also from ICICI ?

ICICI Fastag website has Customer User Group (CUG) and there is provision to add a new TAG Account, but I am not sure how this is used.
Old 4th December 2019, 17:06   #4074
BHPian

I have ordered my Paytm fastag on 27th November and was promised a delivery on 3rd Dec. But since 2nd December, the fastag is packed and ready to be shipped but the status says waiting for the courier to pick it up!

Further, I have not received any SMS stating that my fastag is activated or anything of that sort.

I also have a query about the Rs. 150 minimum balance required in the Paytm fastag wallet. How exactly this minimum balance works? If I have a minimum balance of Rs.150 in my wallet and I pass a toll and say e.g. Rs. 50 gets deducted then this amount will be fetched from my Paytm wallet, is it?

So is this Rs. 150 minimum balance a dead amount which can never be used technically?

Down the line, if I choose to switch from paytm to some other bank, what happens in that case?
Old 4th December 2019, 18:06   #4075
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I already have an ICICI fastag for my one car and is planning to get Fastag for my second car. Does it make it easier and convenient to buy the second one also from ICICI ?
Yes, you can add the second one to the same customer Id (and same portal login). Please see the opening post of this thread where another post of mine from Jan 2018 is linked, that has details of how I had this done the old school way.
Link to post (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

You can also upload details of the second car yourself and make a payment by recharging your tag account - this method is explained in a recent post.
Link to post (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

Last edited by NPV : 4th December 2019 at 18:09.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 19:13   #4076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
This is how was my experience from Mumbai to Dhule on Saturday 30 November.
Ok. Now here is my a bit sour experience while returning to Mumbai.

This time there was very little chaos at dedicated fastage lanes as compared to 4 days ago. At each toll plaza there were dedicated staff for fastag lanes.

What I observed is, mostly at these toll plazas operator goes in "what to do" confused mode, if tag does not get scanned automatically. If they are not equipped with handheld scanners, they just allow to pass interving manually in system & message displays as "Exempted" on display screen at plaza instead of vehicle number & amount.

Now here I had a bitter experience in such above mentioned situation. While returning from Dhule, 1st toll plaza is Laling toll plaza which is entry & chandwad toll plaza is exit. Amout for this strech is INR 135. At Laling toll plaza, fastag was not scanned automatically and operator just fiddled up system manually as mentioned earlier in the post and message displayed as "Exempted".

I was in the understanding that amount will be debited at chandwad exit plaza, which did happen. But when I checked my messages after completion of the trip, to my surprise INR 135 was also deducted at Laling entry plaza after my pass through chandwad exit plaza. So it is backend and late transaction after passing through exit plaza and that's strange. I was charged twice for same stretch.

Anyways, I've raised a complaint of this incident and asked for refund at icici fastag web portal. Let's see how many days it takes to get the refund.

Seems that there needs to be proper induction training to be given to toll plaza operators, if we are expecting smooth implementation of this move from the Government .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
I applied for Fastag provided by ICICI Bank through their iMobile app. No documents where requested, only mentioned the car make and registration number.
Same experience with me as well here in Mumbai, applied for icici fastag on 19th November and got it delivered at 4th day. I also had to change state from default text Andhra Pradesh to Maharashtra.

Although, I couldn't find any details like colour of car and chassis number.

MOD NOTE:- Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th December 2019 at 19:56.
yoscenario2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 21:06   #4077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
I also have a query about the Rs. 150 minimum balance required in the Paytm fastag wallet. How exactly this minimum balance works? If I have a minimum balance of Rs.150 in my wallet and I pass a toll and say e.g. Rs. 50 gets deducted then this amount will be fetched from my Paytm wallet, is it?
Toll charges are always debited to your wallet. In case your wallet goes zero during the trip, toll is debited to your fastag reserve of 150. Also you get message and mail from Paytm asking for immediate recharge of wallet. After recharge your Paytm reserve will be restored to 150.
As far as i know there is no transfer of account as of now. You can ask for cancellation of fastag where in your 150 reserve will be paid back to wallet.

Last edited by Sheel : 5th December 2019 at 10:48. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Thanks.
_chikku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 22:36   #4078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
I also have a query about the Rs. 150 minimum balance required in the Paytm fastag wallet. How exactly this minimum balance works?
The way Fastag works, the check for whether a tag is active or blacklisted happens BEFORE you cross a toll booth but your account is debited only AFTER you have crossed a toll booth. So it is possible for you to cross a toll booth and not pay for it by not having sufficient balance in your tag account. To prevent this, the system operator has mandated that all tags need to have a certain minimum balance all the time and if that is not maintained, such tags are blacklisted.

To illustrate: Suppose minimum balance requirement is Rs. 150. You are approaching a road on which you have to pay toll of Rs. 100 at 2 toll booths. Your tag has Rs. 200 balance.

TB1, approach: 200 > 150, so not blacklisted. Boom opens.
TB1, egress: Account deducted. Balance is now Rs. 100 (200 - 100).
TB2, approach: 100 < 150. So tag blacklisted. Boom stays closed.

Paytm has a problem that if you have N cars they keep N * 150 blocked. In my case (I have 2 cars) the blocked amount is Rs. 300. If my balance falls below Rs. 300 they blacklist both tags - which in my mind is quite the wrong thing to do, they should keep one of the tags active as long as the balance is above Rs. 150. ICICI Bank does the right thing here with their tag-specific balances.
binand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 23:37   #4079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Got to know about the free Fastag thingy last night and as luck would have it, I had a long drive lined up for today. Got my free Fastag from the Dankuni Toll Plaza here in WB. NO charges are to be payable, not even the security deposit. Basically, a blank tag is given to you and you can recharge it as and when you need to. NHAI is paying the card fee and the security deposit on your behalf.
A lot of people messaged me on WhatsApp saying that they were unable to get their Fastags from the toll plazas due to various reasons. One BHPian even mentioned that NHAI people had tried 'selling' a Fastag to him for Rs. 700 when he had visited the toll plaza. I decided to investigate further.
My friend's car didn't have a Fastag, and since we were returning from a road trip anyway, I decided to stop and get a Fastag for the car. This was at the Palsit toll plaza in WB, and the entire process took us ~5 minutes (my earlier attempt had taken me 45 minutes). Hassle free, and I didn't have to pay anything. To conclude, the free Fastag offer is very much real, and isn't over yet.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img20191204wa0031.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img20191204wa0033.jpg
boniver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 08:06   #4080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
The way Fastag works, the check for whether a tag is active or blacklisted happens BEFORE you cross a toll booth but your account is debited only AFTER you have crossed a toll booth. So it is possible for you to cross a toll booth and not pay for it by not having sufficient balance in your tag account. To prevent this, the system operator has mandated that all tags need to have a certain minimum balance all the time and if that is not maintained, such tags are blacklisted.
Blacklisted seems a strong term. Anyway, once blacklisted, how does one get it un-blacklisted? Simply by recharging the tag account? Or is there some other elaborate procedure? Hope it's the former. The latter is too much to expect when one is in the road out there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks