Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2019, 10:58   #4096
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Has anybody been successful in recharging the tag using UPI (car regn. num@ bankname) ? I've Axis tag and seems not functional yet, though their website claims that one of the method.
It's netc.RegnNumber@bankname ; I have used UPI for Tag issued by Axis Bank.
batman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 12:06   #4097
Senior - BHPian

Another query: What to do if the tag is damaged? If I approach the same bank with the old damaged tag with balance in it, will they issue a new one and transfer the balance in new one after cancelling the old tag? Has anybody come across this scenario? I have SBI and Axis bank tags on my two cars respectively.
I am not sure but the car cleaning guys will do the cleaning inside out and there is a high chance that they will damage the tag stuck from inside the windshield. I have already informed the cleaning boy working for me, but who knows one fine day the tag will be damaged
Old 5th December 2019, 12:38   #4098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Another query: What to do if the tag is damaged? If I approach the same bank with the old damaged tag with balance in it, will they issue a new one and transfer the balance in new one after cancelling the old tag? Has anybody come across this scenario? I have SBI and Axis bank tags on my two cars respectively.
Short answer, yes. The bank will replace your tag with a new one, and balance will be transferred. Simple application, and no need of the damaged tag either. Just the tag id is required, you get it on NETC site.
Got mine replaced (South Indian Bank) earlier this year when I had to change my cracked windshield.
Pequod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 13:33   #4099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Are the fasttags still given out for free? The toll booth seems to be offering paytm ones for 500Rs.
Yes, I've gotten two free tags from NHAI toll plazas till date, the latest one being yesterday. They are NHAI issued tags, linked to NHAI wallet.
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 13:59   #4100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Blacklisted seems a strong term. Anyway, once blacklisted, how does one get it un-blacklisted?
Maybe somebody behind this is a James Spader fan

Yes, to un-blacklist, just recharge. It would take half to one hour though. So if you are doing on the road after a toll plaza, expect blacklist on next one if you cross that in about half hour. Subsequent ones would be ok. Happened to me this August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I have attached it to exactly other corner of car.
On tolls where the sensor is on top of the toll counter, you may have to move a bit to the right. Used to happen in my previous car. No such problems when stuck in center

Last edited by narayans80 : 5th December 2019 at 14:11.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 14:06   #4101
BHPian

Is it normal for ICICIto delay action on a dispute raised? I was charged twice at the same place. Raised it about a month back (and within 2-3 days of the journey). About a week back they changed status to in-progress or something similar from 'open'. But no resolution yet.
Old 5th December 2019, 14:07   #4102
Senior - BHPian

I have stuck it at the center behind the IVRM from the inside, it doesn't impede my view while driving.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_7818.jpg  

Last edited by Durango Dude : 5th December 2019 at 14:09.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 14:55   #4103
BHPian

I placed an order with HDFC for the fastag and it was a big mistake, nor their so called toll free number works, the first time login portal does not send the OTP for validation, Not sure how to opt for a full refund now.

Placed the order via Airtel app and the process so much better and there is a transparency where it shows the status of the order and where it is going to be delivered.

HDFC does not even say when it going to be delivered forget which location.
Old 5th December 2019, 15:11   #4104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
I placed an order with HDFC for the fastag and it was a big mistake..
Placed the order via Airtel app and the process so much better and there is a transparency where it shows the status of the order and where it is going to be delivered.
I ordered through HDFC bank and after 5 days received a SMS that tag has been issued. Its been a week now and I don't have any further update.

Question: Can I also order through Airtel App for same vehicle?
Old 5th December 2019, 16:33   #4105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Has anybody been successful in recharging the tag using UPI (car regn. num@ bankname) ? I've Axis tag and seems not functional yet, though their website claims that one of the method.
Yes. I've successfully recharged ICICI Fastag using UPI (netc.car regn number@bankname) through Gpay.
yoscenario2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 16:37   #4106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsy View Post
I ordered through HDFC bank and after 5 days received a SMS that tag has been issued. Its been a week now and I don't have any further update.

Question: Can I also order through Airtel App for same vehicle?

Yes, that's what I did 3 hours back. Impressed with the transparency showed by the app in the process of ordering unlike HDFC.
sajands is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 16:40   #4107
Senior - BHPian

Ordered two fast tags for moms and my car's from Icici. Hopefully they will come before my trip later this month. Mom's car had come with an HDFC fasttag which I had fitted on the passenger side so that it doesn't come in the driver's view. HDFC seemed like a pain to activate so we have ordered new ones from Icici.
Going to install these on the passenger side as well. I'm planning on sticking them with cello tape for now since I can't be sure if the position will work so this way I can reposition it in case it's a problem. Also since I'm selling my car in a years time I can easily remove mine and destroy it at the time of sale.

Guys remember to remove and destroy your tags when selling your car as it's linked to your bank account and could probably be misused
Old 5th December 2019, 23:38   #4108
BHPian

Received an email today that my HDFC Fastag has been debited for Rs 620 for "Adjustment entry". The subject line of the email was 'manual debit alert'.
I haven't made any journey involving this much toll and all previous tolls were rightly deducted.

I have raised a service request on HDFC's Fastag portal but did not receive any complaint record, neither is this request visible anywhere on the portal.

Not sure what to make of this or how to complain against this.
anantpoddar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 08:02   #4109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantpoddar View Post
Received an email today that my HDFC Fastag has been debited for Rs 620 for "Adjustment entry". The subject line of the email was 'manual debit alert'.
I haven't made any journey involving this much toll and all previous tolls were rightly deducted.
Have you checked the account? Has the amount been actually deducted? HDFC seems to have faced some kind of outage, and were your issues raised at that time?
Old 6th December 2019, 10:13   #4110
Senior - BHPian

Below fastag related stories are reported in yesterday's malayalam daily.

Someone traveled in a bus with his car's fastag in pocket (or bag) through Paliakkara toll plaza. As we can expect, toll got deducted from the tag. My friend had a similar experience when his car was brought in recovery van from Salem to Bangalore, toll got deducted from his fastag in most of the toll plazas.

There are few instances in Paliakkara where the reader failed to read the fastag and payment was made by cash, but the owner got message later that the toll is deducted from fastag. It seems the tollplaza guys refused to take ownership or reimburse the toll when contacted (bank I doubt will take ownership as well) .

Paliakkara toll plaza has been always in the new for the wrong reasons

Last edited by gadadhar : 6th December 2019 at 10:14.

Most Viewed