Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2019, 10:32   #4111
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Someone traveled in a bus with his car's fastag in pocket (or bag) through Paliakkara toll plaza. As we can expect, toll got deducted from the tag. My friend had a similar experience when his car was brought in recovery van from Salem to Bangalore,
When my Paytm fastag was shipped, it was covered in Aluminum foil. I was wondering why but then realised that it would have been detected during transit. But I was always of the opinion that if there is a metal enclosure surrounding the fastag, it wont get detected. There are also issues in pasting Fastag behind a windshield with metallic sunfilm. If so, then the only way the man in the bus could have got his Fastag detected was if he was holding it in his pocket and sitting close to a windshield or something.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 10:53   #4112
BHPian

Good morning gentlemen!

Has anyone tried calling the ICICI Fastag Customer Care of late? There are two phone numbers. One is toll free and the other is a chargeable, 1860xxx, number. I have been trying to reach out to them but everytime I call, I am stuck at the language selection option as the system does not accept any input.

When I tweet to ICICI Bank, they ask me to call their customer care!

I applied for a tag through their portal on the 28th November, 2019. Only received a text confirmation. Nothing till the 2nd December when I sent out a tweet. Account was activated within 30 mins of the tweet and since then, nothing. As per the portal, the tag is yet to be issued, leave aside, dispatched.

Is this timeline normal? I need to get 2 more tags linked to the same account and am wondering if I should go ahead and apply for the same even though the 1st tag has not been allocated or dispatched.

Last edited by SumitB : 6th December 2019 at 10:58.
Old 6th December 2019, 11:28   #4113
J4J
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Good morning gentlemen!
Has anyone tried calling the ICICI Fastag Customer Care of late? There are two phone numbers. One is toll free and the other is a chargeable, 1860xxx, number. I have been trying to reach out to them but everytime I call, I am stuck at the language selection option as the system does not accept any input.
Try calling them after 5pm. I also tried 25 times on the toll free number for 10-15 mins continuously and only after that was I able to reach them. Post 5pm rush is less and you should be able to reach them faster.
Quote:
Is this timeline normal? I need to get 2 more tags linked to the same account and am wondering if I should go ahead and apply for the same even though the 1st tag has not been allocated or dispatched.
I received my first message on 25th Nov and my fastag was delivered on 3 Dec.
Once you get the fastag you will be able to activate the online account.
I would suggest you to wait till you activate your account(after you receive the fastag). This would enable you to see the latest status online.
Old 6th December 2019, 11:41   #4114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
It seems the tollplaza guys refused to take ownership or reimburse the toll when contacted (bank I doubt will take ownership as well) .

Paliakkara toll plaza has been always in the new for the wrong reasons
Bank should resolve this. Make a complaint with the scanned copy of the toll receipt. Have got mine resolved when I was using equitas fastag. ICICI also has a provision for complaint, but as i noted few posts earlier, the resolution seems to be taking long.
rajesh1868 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 12:08   #4115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4J View Post
Try calling them after 5pm. I also tried 25 times on the toll free number for 10-15 mins continuously and only after that was I able to reach them. Post 5pm rush is less and you should be able to reach them faster.
Would you believe it if I tell you that I called them up at 3 AM and still it was the same? Have tried on the hour, every hour, from 3 AM till 12 noon! Nothing changed.
Old 6th December 2019, 12:49   #4116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I had the same problem of the IVR not accepting my inputs, but not for fastag. Tried from a different number and it worked.
Old 6th December 2019, 12:59   #4117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
There are also issues in pasting Fastag behind a windshield with metallic sunfilm.
Speaking of sunfilm, I have CR70 on the windshield. Received my Fastag this week, not stuck it yet. Will it cause any problems in detection?
Old 6th December 2019, 13:19   #4118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Speaking of sunfilm, I have CR70 on the windshield. Received my Fastag this week, not stuck it yet. Will it cause any problems in detection?
You may want to refer back here.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 13:41   #4119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
ICICI also has a provision for complaint, but as i noted few posts earlier, the resolution seems to be taking long.
ICICI has online option to post complaints. I had taken this route once for excess toll that was deducted and it took a long time even after multiple tweets, calls etc before it was resolved. Their SLA is 15 working days and clock might be getting reset every time the incident in updated.

One thing I learned is while raising complaint for incorrect toll charges, use option "DISPUTE TRANSACTION/CHARGE BACK" and always attach RC copy and vehicle image. This should help in getting a faster resolution
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 14:09   #4120
BHPian

I get please update paytm to apply for fastag, even though i dont see any update available for paytm app.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-1575621523713.jpg  

Old 6th December 2019, 15:13   #4121
Senior - BHPian

I am yet to receive the fastag from HDFC though I got the email with the customer id and wallet id.

The fastag call center number provided by HDFC call center is always busy and there is no response from the fastag email id provided too. Tried tweeting HDFC Cares as well, they directed me to the same toll free number. Has anyone faced similar issue? How can I get the fastag with the details?

Last edited by PatienceWins : 6th December 2019 at 15:14.
Old 6th December 2019, 15:23   #4122
BHPian

Was speaking to my HDFC fastag service provider and he said the situation is very bad. We were discussing about cashback as i have yet to receive 2.5% cashback amounting to 30k from July to Nov. He said bank can only disburse it when they get it from the govt which they haven't since July. It was issue which i faced when i was using ICICI before changing to HDFC. He also said govt. recently reduced the service providers commissions by 50% without any notificaton so all are now struggling and as a result service to end customer will get affected. As usual poorly planned implementation by the govt. which doesn't seem to care about implentation but just passing theoretically good laws.
Old 6th December 2019, 15:37   #4123
UMe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMe View Post
I have ordered paytm fastag just yesterday. Your post has given me some hope of receiving the fastag before 4th Dec, as I need to pass through a toll on 4th Dec.
Let's hope that I get it delivered and activated before that.
Already past the original delivery date of 04 Dec, but no information about dispatch or having the registration number tagged to fastag.
Just realized that my Paytm wallet was not KYC compliant. I think it should be mandatory to have successful KYC in case linked with wallet or bank.
Old 6th December 2019, 15:47   #4124
Senior - BHPian

Just received a call from ICICI advising that my tag will be couriered today. So, I had to wait 22 days to hear this news. Hope it will reach here in couple of days.
Old 6th December 2019, 19:00   #4125
BHPian

An update. After trying to connect with ICICI Fastag Customer Care for the past few days and after trying to connect with them, all day today, since 3 AM, I finally got through their lines and was finally able to speak with a human being.

Apparently, the person I spoke with had no idea about me being able to access their Customer Portal which informs me that neither has a tag been allotted for my vehicle nor has it been dispatched. He kept on repeating that it takes up to 7 working days, from the day of application, for the tag to be delivered to the customer. As such, he gave me a timeline of the 10th of December, 2019 when the tag would be delivered to me. He even raised a ticket for this and gave me the complaint number.

Fingers crossed.

Most Viewed