Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2019, 15:05   #4216
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

After reading a lot of good reviews on Equitas, finally I ordered them for 2 of my cars a few days ago, got both of them in 5-7 days time. Have pasted them on windshield but not used yet.
mercedised is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 16:17   #4217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
You should be able to transfer it to your tag by going to the payments menu --> CUG Balance transfer to your specific tag which will be listed here
Thanks a lot ! It worked
Old 12th December 2019, 18:46   #4218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I was not aware of the VIN no linking. Will that not make it impossible for the toll folks to validate Tag against a vehicle (or it should not matter as long as the class of vehicle is correct?)
Yes chassis number gets associated to the tag. That's what is on my vehicle number (for a new car), for an already registered car (it had the plate number). It does not matter as long as class is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Bangalore bhpians- where are Plaza 1 @ Km14+825 and Kulumapalya toll plaza located ?
Nelamangala toll (elevated road exit)
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 20:32   #4219
Senior - BHPian

I have ordered a FASTag on Airtel app. It was completely hassle free. Just uploaded the RC front and rear side. Within a couple of minutes got a message saying my request has been validated. Delivery period is 14 days. Hope I get it on time.

PS: The best part is you get instant cash back of Rs.150 in your wallet, thereby bringing down the effective cost to Rs. 100/-

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-22.jpeg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-23.jpeg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-whatsapp-image-20191212-8.27.51-pm.jpeg

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 12th December 2019 at 20:34.
Warwithwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 13:27   #4220
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone here used the Fastag facility at the Bangalore airport toll both? I read in the news today that there is a lot of chaos at the toll plaza because of uncertainty and lack of working scanners etc.

I believe some vehicles are having to be scanned with physical scanners by the toll booth personnel. In this regard, can anyone confirm:

1. Which are the Fasttag lanes and how do we figure out the correct lane to use? I have a Fasttag on my 6 month old car (attached from the dealer) but this is the first time I will be using it. Have a flight to catch late night and so apprehensive about how much time to factor in for this toll booth issue.

2. How real is the chaos at the toll gate? Or are things generally smooth?

3. How does one pay a return fare (i.e. to and fro toll) for the airport through fasstag? How would the scanner know if the car requires a one way or a two way/return ticket ?

4. Anything else to look out for? What happens if the tag on my car is not read by the scanner?
Old 13th December 2019, 13:34   #4221
BHPian

Since my dad does not do the online transactions much, what would be the easy way to recharge the ICICI fastag account. Usually I recharge using UPI if i see the balance is low. Can they recharge at toll booths?
Old 13th December 2019, 13:52   #4222
BHPian

I've ordered mine through Axis bank. Registration process was easily done. I am yet to get the Tag though.

I hope they had done some practical trials before giving the go ahead for nationwide roll out. RFID scanners come in various ranges starting from few cms to few hundred meters. From what i have read through the posts, some of the problems faced in certain plazas are technical while others may point to a systematic fleecing by toll operators. Some standardization of FASTAG scanners and ID's is needed.
Old 13th December 2019, 14:06   #4223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
I have ordered a FASTag on Airtel app. It was completely hassle free. Just uploaded the RC front and rear side. Within a couple of minutes got a message saying my request has been validated. Delivery period is 14 days. Hope I get it on time.
Hi,
Do we get to specify the delivery address or it comes to the address of the RC?
Secondly, can the recharge be done easily using the Airtel App?
Regards
Shailesh
Old 13th December 2019, 14:10   #4224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
1. Which are the Fasttag lanes and how do we figure out the correct lane to use? I have a Fasttag on my 6 month old car (attached from the dealer) but this is the first time I will be using it. Have a flight to catch late night and so apprehensive about how much time to factor in for this toll booth issue.
All lanes are fastag enabled but the far left one towards and from airport are dedicated lanes .

Quote:
2. How real is the chaos at the toll gate? Or are things generally smooth?
Its complete mess because the number of fastag users has substantially gone up compared to what it was few months ago but there are equal amount of cash paying users, few fastag cars without sufficient balance end up entering the dedicated lane and block everyone else. Last week it took me 20 minutes to clear the toll in-spite of having fastag, to me its slower than paying cash, cabbies cut across the lane randomly.

Quote:
3. How does one pay a return fare (i.e. to and fro toll) for the airport through fasstag? How would the scanner know if the car requires a one way or a two way/return ticket ?
The system automatically calculates and takes care of that part, haven't faced wrong round trip fee calculation in the last 4 months.

Quote:
4. Anything else to look out for? What happens if the tag on my car is not read by the scanner?
You end up paying cash.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 14:18   #4225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
All lanes are fastag enabled but the far left one towards and from airport are dedicated lanes .

Its complete mess because the number of fastag users has substantially gone up compared to what it was few months ago but there are equal amount of cash paying users, few fastag cars without sufficient balance end up entering the dedicated lane and block everyone else. Last week it took me 20 minutes to clear the toll in-spite of having fastag, to me its slower than paying cash, cabbies cut across the lane randomly.

The system automatically calculates and takes care of that part, haven't faced wrong round trip fee calculation in the last 4 months.

You end up paying cash.
Thanks a lot. That is very helpful. So looks like I should factor in around half an hour extra towards airport commute for this nuisance now.
Old 13th December 2019, 15:31   #4226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi, Do we get to specify the delivery address or it comes to the address of the RC?
You have an option to edit the delivery address.

Quote:
Secondly, can the recharge be done easily using the Airtel App
That's what the app says. Keeping fingers crossed.

Day 3. Still no update about the order despatch status. I have a long drive scheduled in the coming week. Really concerned about the whole fastag ordeal.

I wish the government had dedicated physical outlets throughout the city to enable easy adoption.

Fuel Stations/ Car Sticker, Accessories shop/ Car service centres/ RTO agents could have been chosen as dedicated Points of sale (POS)
Old 13th December 2019, 15:58   #4227
Team-BHP Support

Today I drove from Bangalore to Manipal. My first fastag trip. At the first toll (peenya flyover), the attendant asked for cash even though I had Fastag. Then I pointed at the tag, and then he said OK. That was weird. After that I only went through Fastag specific lanes (4 of them), and it was fine every time. One booth had no attendant, the boom opened automatically and I kept moving.

Got sms every time I cleared a toll booth. It is a nice experience, since it worked. I used to have E-Z Pass on my car 20 years ago in US, that was an active tag, as big as smartphone and twice as thick. I was unsure whether passive tag would work as good as that, but it did.
Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 16:22   #4228
BHPian

Anyone here who has purchased this from HDFC's website and got the same delivered?
Old 13th December 2019, 16:29   #4229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_fox View Post
Anyone here who has purchased this from HDFC's website and got the same delivered?
Yes, ordered on 18th Nov and delivered on 4th Dec.

Yet to fix it on windshield as there are no upcoming drives through FASTag toll booths
Old 13th December 2019, 17:36   #4230
Senior - BHPian

I bought a SBI Fastag online from Amazon.

Out of the ten times that I used it, only two times the scanner detected it. The remaining times a manual scanner was used, as I refused to pay cash. Does this mean there is an issue with the sticker ?

Besides this, the online SBI app only shows last 5 transactions. So on long trips when you want to check or contribute the toll amount between fellow passengers then it's a problem. Although a SMS is suppose to come, sometimes SMS is not delivered.

I travelled on the old NH4 highway on 13th December and to my surprise, there is no Fastag on the Shedung toll plaza and no sign boards even. I never saw any signs of scanners being installed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks