Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2019, 11:57   #4306
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Anyone noticed that the SMS alerts have been disabled. My car did not ping when going to the airport. Neither did the i10 during its trip to Coimbatore
I have been using Equitas Fastag since an year now. SMS alerts are very much active till date. ( I typically get it 2-5 minutes after crossing the toll )
Old 17th December 2019, 12:05   #4307
BHPian

Adding information which maybe useful.
I wanted to acquire offline
My city jamshedpur has no toll booths nor any bank branch POS for FASTags.
I inquired form truck owners and went to nearby Paytm KYC centre.
They did my KYC( I dont use paytm much) and then took car RC and issued me FASTag. cost me 500 (all through Paytm itself). less than an hour in total.
The fastag wallet shows 150 balance. I have another 1500 in main balance.
Will travel through a toll next week.
Hope it should work.
Am I missing anything?
vikramvicky1984 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 12:29   #4308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
Hi,
I’m using the SBI Fastag for the 2nd time. The tag had a balance of Rs.55 and the toll fee was Rs.45 (infact Rs.25 considering multiple entry) but the display said Tag is Blacklisted and when the operator scanned the tag using handheld device he said it is saying no balance.
Anyone using SBI Fastag please enlighten me whether should I maintain a fixed minimum balance excluding toll fee.
You need to have a minimum balance of Rs. 150, else it will be deactivated/blacklisted. In that case, you have to recharge again and wait for 15-20 minutes for the card to be activated again.
Fordlover88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 12:40   #4309
BHPian

Question For Kotak Fastag owners,

Is their Individual Helpline working for you?
1800-3006-9090

I tried calling and since few days It's coming up as an invalid number or temp. out of service.

I want to get a duplicate FT issued. I've raised a complaint/request on their portal on 11th Dec and till now no response from the site.

The below line is incorrectly listed everywhere on their site but it's their Corporate Helpline 1800-419-6606, which did work but they didn't have access to the Individual accounts.

If someone knows a helpline number which works please update this thread. Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 13:17   #4310
Senior - BHPian

I bought a new car two weeks ago. The dealer issued me a PayTM Fastag. From the dealer side, they linked with my PayTM account. I received OTP on my phone when they registered the tag. But the tag is not showing up in my PayTM passbook page.

Dealer says I have to get permanent registration done for my car and upload the RC card on PayTM site. Receiving the RC card will take at least another 2 - 3 weeks. Also they don't have a clue where to upload the RC card on PayTm site.

I used the tag to pass through a toll gate on Saturday. It worked and also the person at the toll gate confirmed my tag is active. I never received any SMS for the money deducted for my trip and is also not showing in my PayTM account. I guess the money is deducted from the pre-loaded amount.

Did anybody else also get your PayTM Fastag with your new car and are there any further steps required to link the tag with your account? Is it possible to preload more money until the linking is completed?
Old 17th December 2019, 13:52   #4311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I have a ICICI Fastag account.

How do you recharge the tag account directly, bypassing the CUG?
Download ICICI Fastag app..
On the home page, you will see 3 options:

Recharge your wallet >
Recharge your Tags >
Transfer Balance >

Click on the 'Recharge your Tags'' and you will be taken to the payment page. continue further...

(I recharged this morning just to test it)
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 14:12   #4312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
I purchased it from their website on 14th Nov 2019 and it was finally delivered yesterday(16th Dec 2019) after a lot of escalations to the nodal officer.

No one seemed to have any idea of the status or why it was delayed. I was told that they have outsourced the entire fastag thing to some third party and no one in HDFC bank has any control over it.
Could you share the nodal officer contact details?
Old 17th December 2019, 14:17   #4313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Anyone noticed that the SMS alerts have been disabled. My car did not ping when going to the airport. Neither did the i10 during its trip to Coimbatore
I have received below SMS from ICICI for getting Fastag balance on mobile:

''Get ICICI Bank Fastag balance on mobile, SMS ETCBAL KL13...(Your car Regn No) to 5676766 or give missed call on 8010928888 from your regd mobile. T&C apply.''

Try it (hope the same format apply to all regions?)

(I have dialed the above number and got the balance status instantly)
Old 17th December 2019, 15:40   #4314
Senior - BHPian

Does ICICI FastTag have their app for iOS also ? I tried looking for it and could not find it on the App store.
Old 17th December 2019, 16:35   #4315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
I have received below SMS from ICICI for getting Fastag balance on mobile:

''Get ICICI Bank Fastag balance on mobile, SMS ETCBAL KL13...(Your car Regn No) to 5676766 or give missed call on 8010928888 from your regd mobile. T&C apply.''

Try it (hope the same format apply to all regions?)

(I have dialed the above number and got the balance status instantly)
It's the same format and phone number for the entire country.
That missed call option is what I've been using ever since ICICI came up with UPI recharge option in April 2018. this balance check was available even before that but just because I had to anyway login to the account to recharge, I wasn't using before that. but post April 2018, 5 minutes before any trip (once while I was in the toll queue), I give a missed call, get the balance, recharge via UPI and I'm done! no logging in to any website or no opening any app.
Old 17th December 2019, 18:15   #4316
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
That missed call option is what I've been using ever since ICICI came up with UPI recharge option in April 2018. this balance check was available even before that but just be⁵cause I had to anyway login to the account to recharge, I wasn't using before that. but post April 2018, 5 minutes before any trip (once while I was in the toll queue), I give a missed call, get the balance, recharge via UPI and I'm done! no logging in to any website or no opening any app.
Just curious - their iMobile netbanking app has FASTag option too. If you use UPI to recharge, why not use the app to check balance too?
Check balance, and recharge from same page too. Or switch to the UPI section if you prefer that.
Old 17th December 2019, 18:52   #4317
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I know that with Axis Bank, we cannot recharge 9 character regns via UPI.

What about ICICI Bank?
Quoting my old post on a similar query

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Here you go. For the benefit of other users, I am copy pasting the answer from the FAQs section that also shows how you can recharge the CUG as well.

For recharging your individual FASTag:

Netc.mh01ab1234@icici (10-digit vehicle number)
Netc.TN99R9999@icici (9-digit vehicle number)
Netc.KA666666@icici (8-digit vehicle number)
Netc.mmh01xx@icici (7-digit vehicle number)
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 19:04   #4318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Just curious - their iMobile netbanking app has FASTag option too. If you use UPI to recharge, why not use the app to check balance too?
Check balance, and recharge from same page too. Or switch to the UPI section if you prefer that.
Simply because I don't have an ICICI bank account and hence I don't have their imobile app.
For the UPI transfer, I generally use Google pay or other UPI platforms.
Old 17th December 2019, 19:09   #4319
BHPian

Applied for a Fastag through ICICI's iMobile App. I had to enter only the vehicle no and the model of the car. Got my address prefilled since I hold an account there. My transaction failed at the last step as per the app but got the amount debited from my savings account. Tried again as it was a failure, but the app flashed a message stating this license plate is already registered for the Fastag. I'm yet to get a message on the success/failure of my request.

Tried this SMS ETCBAL TN11xxxxx to 5676766 and received the below message. Any guess what is the actual state Of my requests

Quote:
Dear Customer, the balance in your ICICI Bank FASTag Account linked to vehicle number TN11PXxxx is Rs 499.12. To recharge, visit goo.gl/HmYwA9

Last edited by saisree : 17th December 2019 at 19:17.
Old 17th December 2019, 19:13   #4320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Quoting my old post on a similar query
It's like ICICI bank almost read my post and my mind. Thank you @paragsachania for clarifying my doubts.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-whatsapp-image-20191217-19.10.51.jpeg

Most Viewed