Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2019, 14:11   #4336
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
I too have been waiting for the same since an year now.
I guess we can expect this move when fastag will be made mandatory on state highways too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
The guys at Airoli, Vashi and Mulund toll are lightning fast in handing over the change. Lot of manpower and superb handling even during over crowded evenings.

I commute daily through Airoli toll plaza, never getting stuck in cash payment lane.
yoscenario2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 14:33   #4337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Ordered a Paytm Fastag from their mobile app. However I was not prompted to upload the RC copy. It only asked for the vehicle number. The delivery status now shows, "Handed over to courier" and I can also see Fastag wallet with 150 rupees balance. Will I be required to upload RC before I can use the tag?
If you tag is shown as active, then you can use it and they won't ask for anything else.
Vikalp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 15:02   #4338
Senior - BHPian

Amazon Pay FASTag offer :

Get flat Rs. 50 back on your first FASTag Recharge transaction of INR 100 or more, applicable once per customer.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20191218_145731__01.jpg

- valid till 31st Dec

- FASTags issued by Axis, HDFC, PayTM, SBI are not eligible (as of now) for offer

Last edited by Klub Class : 18th December 2019 at 15:05.
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 15:34   #4339
BHPian

Drove from Palakkad to Bangalore on Monday 16th December. I noticed the cash lanes were crowded at most toll plazas. Passing the fastag lanes was easy since it was a weekday.

The L&T Coimbatore bypass is not fastag enabled. A toll attendant mentioned that it will be fastag enabled "in a week". Collecting toll for that joke of a bypass is actually too much. And with 6 toll checkpoints they'll decide its too complicated to implement fastag and will continue cash collection.
Old 18th December 2019, 15:55   #4340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
I have ordered a FASTag on Airtel app. It was completely hassle free. Just uploaded the RC front and rear side. Within a couple of minutes got a message saying my request has been validated. Delivery period is 14 days. Hope I get it on time.
Got an update from airtel. It says my fastag has been shipped. That was pretty quick. Hope the logistics partner delivers it on time.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot-20191218-3.48.50-pm.png

PS: The fastag was applied on 13.12.2019

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 18th December 2019 at 15:56.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 16:22   #4341
Senior - BHPian

Sale of Fastag crosses 1 crore in India.

Quote:
The sale of FASTags has crossed one crore mark, Union road transport and highways minister Nitin Gadkari said on Tuesday while announcing his ministry will carry out massive campaign to make people aware about the new system of collecting toll.

"The penetration of FASTag has touched 46 per cent and I am confident of the share coming close to 100% in the next few weeks," Gadkari said while launching the campaign. He claimed more use of FASTag will reduce traffic jam at toll plazas and even the speed of traffic movement will increase at least four times at plazas.

Source: https://m.economictimes.com/wealth/p...ign=ETFBWealth

Last edited by GTO : 19th December 2019 at 07:15. Reason: Keeping fair usage practices in mind, it is best to include an excerpt + link to full article. Thanks for sharing!
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 17:27   #4342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Amazon Pay FASTag offer :

Get flat Rs. 50 back on your first FASTag Recharge transaction of INR 100 or more, applicable once per customer.

Attachment 1946836

- valid till 31st Dec

- FASTags issued by Axis, HDFC, PayTM, SBI are not eligible (as of now) for offer
How do you get to this option on the app?
Old 18th December 2019, 19:53   #4343
UMe
BHPian

FASTags trigger sharp rise in NHAI's daily toll income:

http://www.cnbctv18.com/infrastructu...me-4896481.htm

-Daily toll income for NHAI increases to nearly Rs 80 crore vs around Rs 50 crore earlier. A sharp jump of 40%. Imagine the leakage which was there in the system.
UMe is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 20:07   #4344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMe View Post
Imagine the leakage which was there in the system.
I believe it was one of the major reasons why the early adopters of Fastag faced many troubles related to no dedicated fastag lanes, Fastag not working, wrong deduction etc since the toll operators were not interested in this. However, the roads tolled by bigger companies like L&T etc in my personal experience were slightly better in the Fastag experience. The worst was/is Nelamangala and Devanahalli in Bangalore. Lanco Hoskote Toll is where I have had the most consistent experience from the past two years with Fastag always working and the dedicated lane maintained most of the times except when someone runs out of balance and holds back a lot of vehicles behind.

With fastag implementation and the restriction on cash transactions, the governments want to have a tighter noose around toll operators and prevent any non receipt transactions from happening.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 20:55   #4345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- Open Amazon App

- Go to Amazon Pay Dashboard by tapping 'more'

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20191218_205340__01.jpg

- Scroll down, you'll find FASTag Recharge option
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 21:21   #4346
BHPian

Guys, need help. Had ordered my fastag from paytm. It has been delivered but vehicle details are wrong. Have raised complaint, but they are not responding; neither am I able to connect through phone.
What are the issues I am likely face if I start using the same?
Old 18th December 2019, 21:46   #4347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As of now, it is available for selected users only, not for everyone. It is not available in my Amazon app even after updating it to latest version. This screenshot is from some other mobile. By the way, I am a "Prime" member.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag.jpg  

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 18th December 2019 at 21:47.
Old 18th December 2019, 22:02   #4348
KYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Hello guys
My 2015 Baleno came with a RFID tag pasted on the left top corner of the windscreen. The Manual says that the tag has to be registered with a authorized agency for use in toll collection. Where can I get that tag registered to a fasttag account. Also if the tag would not work and I have to buy a new one, do I have to remove the original tag or leave it there.
Good Question ... and I'm pretty sure its crossed the mind of at least 3/4 of other Nexa Suzuki customers with that same sticker and the same question. At least I have the same question. Pls. post a reply on this thread if you happen to find an answer. Thanks.
KYG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 00:08   #4349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
- Scroll down, you'll find FASTag Recharge option
No luck. The iOS Amazon app doesn't show the option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
As of now, it is available for selected users only, not for everyone. It is not available in my Amazon app even after updating it to latest version. This screenshot is from some other mobile. By the way, I am a "Prime" member.
Spot on. Am a prime member too using amazon app on iOS. Tried all possible refreshing methods. It just doesn't appear. Quite tricky!
Old 19th December 2019, 06:20   #4350
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I also checked my Amazon App - though an old customer of theirs and a Prime Member, I have not got this FasTag recharge option.
I think it is quite possible that the option being offered selectively is probably based on location information being shared by the mobile and Amazon itself, which may enable them to decide which of their customers frequently cross the state borders via road.
I’m not one of those, hence I think I wont be considered a useful “sample”.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks