Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2019, 22:39   #4366
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
hi Gansan,
Thanks to earlier suggestions in this thread, I think one of the quickest way to get fastag is via Paytm KYC stores near your home. You can open the Paytm app and search for KYC stores near you and start calling them.

I stay in T nagar and did call 4-5 shops listed for KYC and got confirmation on availability in Chennai Xerox in Rajabathar street at 7pm yesterday. Walked in with Aadhar, PAN and RC card and Paytm Balance of Rs.500 and walked out with Fastag in 10 min. Today morning it is ACTIVE already and ready to go
I followed the similar method and got the Fastag from a Mobile shop at Chromepet. He said it will be activated tomorrow and I will get a credit of Rs 150 immediately. I had to load Rs 1000 in the wallet though, from which Rs 500 was deducted. So the net cost is Rs 350. Now some doubts:

1) Which is the best spot to fix the Fastag? The shop fellow said anywhere on the inside of the windshield, but I understand it should be behind the rvm.

2) Do we need to do a separate KYC for the Fastag wallet?

3) Do we need to transfer money to the Fastag wallet from the main wallet or will it be automatic?

4) Is there any minimum threshold balance we need to keep in the main wallet, below which the Fastag may not work?

5) What happens when I sell the car? Can it be transferred to a new car?

6) Will I get any notification once the Fastag is activated?
Old 19th December 2019, 22:59   #4367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I followed the similar method and got the Fastag from a Mobile shop at Chromepet.
Could you please let me know the exact shop in chrompet. I have an urgent requirement for fastag.
Old 19th December 2019, 23:10   #4368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I followed the similar method and got the Fastag from a Mobile shop at Chromepet. He said it will be activated tomorrow and I will get a credit of Rs 150 immediately. I had to load Rs 1000 in the wallet though, from which Rs 500 was deducted. So the net cost is Rs 350. Now some doubts:
Please find my answers below:

1) Which is the best spot to fix the Fastag? The shop fellow said anywhere on the inside of the windshield, but I understand it should be behind the rvm.
-> Please check the Maruti Manual shared earlier in the thread here

2) Do we need to do a separate KYC for the Fastag wallet?
-> Not required. Single KYC for Paytm is sufficient.

3) Do we need to transfer money to the Fastag wallet from the main wallet or will it be automatic?
-> We need to transfer money to main wallet, it will automatically connected to Fastag Wallet. No separate recharge to FASTAG Wallet.

4) Is there any minimum threshold balance we need to keep in the main wallet, below which the Fastag may not work?
-> I understand the main FASTAG wallet is Rs.150.

5) What happens when I sell the car? Can it be transferred to a new car?
-> You will need to remove the card from the car and request Paytm to transfer the minimum balance and deposit (Rs.400) back to your main wallet.

6) Will I get any notification once the Fastag is activated?
-> Please check under Paytm App - Recharges>Toll & Fastag>Manage Fastag>Manage Fastags> and check if the vehicle number is ACTIVE.
concorde24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 23:48   #4369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Could you please let me know the exact shop in chrompet. I have an urgent requirement for fastag.
Rasi Mobiles, 9840060900. As you proceed from Shell pump towards Chromepet station, you can see a BASICS clothing store on your left. There is a side entrance in the building which leads to a staircase. This is a small shop which is located inside, as you enter the side entrance.

Please take Aadhaar and PAN cards. Even just informing the numbers will do. And a soft copy of the RC book, both front and back.

Last edited by Gansan : 20th December 2019 at 00:03. Reason: Add content.
Gansan is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 08:48   #4370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
I finally took the plunge and applied with ICICI for a fastag.

Process was pretty smooth. Fastag was delivered home withing 3 days.

Now to plan a trip to start using fastag
I bought an online ICICI bank tag on December 14 but so far not received the physical tag. Though tag has been activated and I was able to create my login etc. I spoke on their 1800 number as well and their staff told me I should receive it soon.

Can you please share how much time it took in receiving the physical tag?
Also, I downloaded iMobile app of ICICI bank and it has option to recharge fast tag under Bill pay. But there are two options - Vehicle recharge & Fast tag wallet recharge. What is the difference between these two??

Any information is most welcome.
Old 20th December 2019, 08:57   #4371
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasshu View Post
Also, I downloaded iMobile app of ICICI bank and it has option to recharge fast tag under Bill pay. But there are two options - Vehicle recharge & Fast tag wallet recharge. What is the difference between these two??

Any information is most welcome.
This has been answered few times, do look up earlier posts. If you have just one tag, use the vehicle recharge option. You can also use the etoll app of ICICI which is exclusively for Fastag.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 09:16   #4372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

In my case, it took 32 days to get the Tag from ICICI
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 10:19   #4373
BHPian

How does Fastag charge for up/down trips on the same day through the same toll plaza?. The present system is like you pay less for multiple entries. For eg at Hoskote toll ( Old madras road )for single entry it is Rs 25 and for multiple entries it is Rs 40. I am guessing it would be Rs25.00 every time we cross the toll both or it is adjusted if we return the same day?.

Last edited by srini1785 : 20th December 2019 at 10:23.
Old 20th December 2019, 10:36   #4374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
In my case, it took 32 days to get the Tag from ICICI
I need to start a trip on December 25 and hearing your feedback, I am a bit worried now
Old 20th December 2019, 10:36   #4375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
How does Fastag charge for up/down trips on the same day through the same toll plaza?.
FasTag has inbuilt ability to detect and charge two way trips as per the fare. The same 40/- will be charged to your FasTag account at Hoskote toll if you return on the same day.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 10:44   #4376
BHPian

Quote:
Vehicle recharge & Fast tag wallet recharge. What is the difference between these two??
I booked the fastag on 10th Dec and on 11th the account as activated. 12th I got an sms that the fastag was dispatched and I received it on the 13th by Bluedart. I have yet to start using it though.

I am not sure but if you have a user group using a common wallet then you can use the wallet option or just recharge for the individual vehicle. Experts here can provide the correct information.
luvDriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 11:44   #4377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
I finally took the plunge and applied with ICICI for a fastag.

Process was pretty smooth. Fastag was delivered home withing 3 days.

Now to plan a trip to start using fastag
What was your mode of application ? offline/online ?
Old 20th December 2019, 11:48   #4378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
How does Fastag charge for up/down trips on the same day through the same toll plaza?. The present system is like you pay less for multiple entries. For eg at Hoskote toll ( Old madras road )for single entry it is Rs 25 and for multiple entries it is Rs 40. I am guessing it would be Rs25.00 every time we cross the toll both or it is adjusted if we return the same day?.

It has been explained multiple times earlier. I request you to search the thread. Hoskote Toll is Rs. 20 one way and Rs. 25 for a return journey. If you return within 24hrs of paying for the onward journey only Rs. 5 gets deducted during the return. Earlier it was 15 for onward and 25 for return journey and 10 would get deducted during the return.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-capture.jpg

Last edited by audioholic : 20th December 2019 at 11:54.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 13:51   #4379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
It has been explained multiple times earlier. I request you to search the thread.
Agree. Requesting new AND experienced TBHP-iians to search this thread first + check your FASTag issuer websites + generally Google before asking silly/basic questions which have been clarified a zillion times!

I had an excellent experience at KIAL BLR toll yesterday night & very early morning today:

1. FASTag lanes were clearly demarcated on the left side but you do need to slow down well before.
2. Scanning technology and/or connectivity with FASTag servers have been significantly improved.
3. Alerts on SMS & email received after a couple of hours from ICICIB:
Dear Customer, ICICI Bank FASTag linked vehicle no. xxxx has been debited with Rs 0.00 on 20-12-2019 01:37:55 for toll charges with trip number xxxx at Devanahalli Toll Plaza Plaza on 19-12-2019 23:37:43. Avl. bal. is Rs 3,252. Call 18002100104 in case of dispute. Call 18002100104 in case of dispute
4. Surprised to see plenty of private & yellow board vehicles in the relatively crowded cash lanes. Seriously, we don't deserve any carrots; only the stick works. I truly hope they all pay double the charges very soon.

Last edited by itwasntme : 20th December 2019 at 14:08.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 14:08   #4380
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Scanning technology and/or connectivity with FASTag servers have been significantly improved.
Agree on this point. Scanning and lifting of the barrier has become much smoother in the last 15-20 days.

I think they have boosted the signal strength of the scanners or they have introduced fully automated barrier lifting. Earlier, after scanning, there used to be manual intervention which signaled the barrier to be lifted on some toll plazas.

Most Viewed