Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2019, 18:34   #4486
Senior - BHPian

I am using an ICICI Fastag in my Crysta since 2018 which was delivered within 7 working days from the date of application. Last week on 19th Dec I applied for another Fastag from them for the i10 and bingo! that was delivered today. Truly excellent service by ICICI Fastag team even during this hurly burly fastag sales season!

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20191228_181603.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I have a query for ICICI FASTag users who have applied for an Add-On tag for their 2nd vehicle. After rasing a query through Helpdesk-Request-Add On Tag, and recharging the CUG wallet with the requisite Rs. 500/-, how many days did ICICI take to process the request?
How can one apply for an add-on tag? I looked for that option but did not find that in the web portal. I was also buying the ICICI fastag for a second vehicle and since i couldnt find the add on tag option I bought a new one.

I will contact their customer service and check with them if this tag can be brought under my original tag account.

Last edited by Sankar : 28th December 2019 at 18:44.
Old 28th December 2019, 19:56   #4487
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I used my PayTm Fastag for the first time today during a drive to Pondicherry. It worked flawlessly. Rs 60, 55, and 45 were deducted at the Paranur, Athur and Pondicherry Toll plazas. And while returning in the evening deductions were Rs 20, 30, and 30 in the same toll plazas, in reverse order. The Garware Ice cool film on the windshield made no difference. Transfer of funds from main wallet to FasTag wallet was seamless. Rs 240 is gone from the main wallet, while the FasTag wallet shows the starting balance of Rs 150. The sms messages for deductions appeared within half an hour of crossing each toll plaza. A very smooth experience.
Old 28th December 2019, 20:11   #4488
Distinguished - BHPian

Seamless experience today both ways at KIAL airport toll. FASTags lanes were empty in the morning (0300) and almost empty in the evening (1830). Cash lanes were crowded but not alarmingly.

Has this particular concessionaire (Essel Devanahalli Tollways PL) mandatorily started collecting 2x toll for cash payers?
Old 28th December 2019, 20:17   #4489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
NPCI Announces Fastag Recharge Option Through BHIM UPI

National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has announced that vehicle owners will now have the option of Fastag recharge via BHIM UPI among other recharge options. Any smartphone with BHIM UPI enabled app will allow vehicle owners to recharge their Fastags on the go and avoid long queues at the toll plazas.
The BHIM UPI app is just showing ICICI Bank FastTag in the options. Is there a way to pay for other FastTags, like PayTM FastTag through BHIM UPI app?
Old 29th December 2019, 08:29   #4490
BHPian

Just got back from a Bangalore>Pondicherry( also Mamallapuram)>Velankanni>Rameswaram>Bangalore trip.
The Good:
The FasTag worked flawlessly everywhere, and the SMS came within 30-60 minutes of crossing the toll. ICICI is also sending emails but surprisingly the SMS and the email data are not matching (amounts as well as toll crossing times), will login to the ICICI portal and cross check, has anyone else noticed this. Recharge via UPI was smooth took less than 5 min in each case to get the amount credited into the TAG account.
NHAI highways are great in most parts, except a few broken stretches on the Krishnagiri-Chengam and the Karaikal-Velakanni part. All the SH in Tamil Nadu were excellent, with smooth roads, green canopy (mostly tamarind) and low traffic, except the occasional lunatic bus driver going past, honking like mad.

The Bad:
The "No cash" booths were still accepting cash at many tolls. And the number of Tag lanes was not 75 % anywhere, except the terrible Attibele toll, and many toll booths still have barricades blocking some Tag lanes. A few places like NICE road and ECR (Pondy-Mamallapuram) are still cash, and the toll gate experience was actually much better for me.

The Ugly:
Driving out of Bangalore of 21st morning, the Attibele Toll was a complete mess even at 7.30 am, the FASTAG lanes were on the right, but there was no clean signage many vehicles were criss-crossing lanes just before the toll gates, leading to a 55 min time to just cross the toll, and a traffic jam starting at least a km away from the toll, with vehicles even reversing out and going back. During last years drive, even on higher traffic days, and paying cash, I have never had to spend so much time at the toll. On the way back on 28th, Attibele toll was a bit better, but still the worst managed toll booth in the entire stretch.
Old 29th December 2019, 11:35   #4491
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragpatankar View Post
The Ugly:
Driving out of Bangalore of 21st morning, the Attibele Toll was a complete mess even at 7.30 am, the FASTAG lanes were on the right, but there was no clean signage many vehicles were criss-crossing lanes just before the toll gates, leading to a 55 min time to just cross the toll, and a traffic jam starting at least a km away from the toll, with vehicles even reversing out and going back. During last years drive, even on higher traffic days, and paying cash, I have never had to spend so much time at the toll. On the way back on 28th, Attibele toll was a bit better, but still the worst managed toll booth in the entire stretch.
Eeeks! Is there any realistic way to bypass this bottleneck now? 55 minutes is a relatively long time when heading out on a driving holiday
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-attibele.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 29th December 2019 at 11:41.
Old 29th December 2019, 11:48   #4492
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
How can one apply for an add-on tag? I looked for that option but did not find that in the web portal. I was also buying the ICICI fastag for a second vehicle and since i couldnt find the add on tag option I bought a new one.
You can do it the old school way (I did it this way) and ask the Customer Service/Sales team to link the additional tag to your existing Account Id (multiple Tags can be associated with same ICICI Fastag Account Id) and you can access all tags with the same login as it's for an Account Id. This method is linked (to another post that explains it, look for the text "Adding NPV's useful post from 23rd Jan, 2018") in the opening post of this thread.

You can also do it online after logging in to your Fastag account. This method is explained in one of the posts recently, but since this thread has grown exponentially, unless one searches, it is difficult to find it! Hence, this method has also been added to the opening post (look for the post link next to the text "Alternate way to add additional cars to an existing ICICI a/c" in the opening post)
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 16:24   #4493
BHPian

Hi,

Need some help urgently.

I used to have a PayTM Fastag and it worked well for a year or so. Unfortunately, I met with an accident 2 years ago and the windshield needed to be changed. Along with it went the fastag. I asked for a replacement fastag and PayTM said that they will ship one to me. Nothing arrived. I did this twice and on both occassions I lost money. The standard response was that there were sorry for the inconvenience. I then gave up on PayTM and closed my tag through the app. I subsequently purchased one from ICICI Bank. Again, nothing arrived but I got a message that it was activated. I tried reaching out to them a few times but nothing happened.

Thinking that third time is the charm, I purchased one from Axis bank and it arrived on time, was activated and I used it at two tolls after which I was told that it was blacklisted. I have asked Axis Bank why it has been blacklisted and the response I get is that my vehicle no. is blacklisted by previous bank without specifying which one - PayTM or ICICI. I have been trying to contact both helpdesks for that last few days but no one seems to pick up. I am not sure what to do and therefore here I am.

1. Is there an easier way to figure out who has blacklisted my vehicle?
2. Does NHAI have a facility where I can completely unregister my vehicle from all fastags and apply for a fresh one. I am ok to lose whatever balance is there on my axis fastag if it comes to it.

Any help/ advice here would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Parik
Old 29th December 2019, 19:02   #4494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

I will contact their customer service and check with them if this tag can be brought under my original tag account.
I had applied for an add-on tag on the 21st December. Nothing moved till yesterday. I was worried and decided to call them. I was informed that my request is still pending on their system and it takes up to 7 working days for the request to be processed.
Old 29th December 2019, 19:12   #4495
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Today’s experience on the Nandi Hills route - the toll booth past KIAL toll, worked perfectly as always. However, there are many dunderheads who still ain’t got a FasTag and who spoil things for everyone else whilst they hunt for change and pay cash.
Back on a joyride up and down the Electronic City Expressway. And the onward was horrible with one truck sitting there for some 10 minutes because his FasTag was unreadable. Here also there are enough baboons who are still paying cash.
Returning was a pain too, because the guard there said that the FasTag in the lane in which I was, was not working at all and pushed me to the left most lane in a vague manner. To my luck I chose the last left lane not realising that it will take me off the TollWay and I would have to use the underneath road. As it happens, barring that miserably badly managed HOSA road junction, with all those lunatic lorries and buses cutting from left to right and vice Versa, the rest of the journey right upto and including the hard right turn into Kudlu Gate, was perfect, probably because it is Sunday and the Season and no one at all is left in town - all gone away on holidays!

Basically this Electronic City/ Attibele - KA to TN stretch is probably the worst managed set of Toll Booths ever.

I shall one day, try the Tumkur side and see how good or bad that is. Also the Nelamangala Hassan side.
Old 29th December 2019, 19:19   #4496
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
So the people at PayTm have cancelled the order by themselves.

Now he is stuck without a FasTag.
I got him an ICICI FasTag and it has worked perfectly. The ICICI tag interface is much better compared to Paytm. Paytm doesn't give any more information. Till now, Paytm FasTag hasn't troubled me, if it does, I'll also take ICICI route.
Old 29th December 2019, 19:43   #4497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
the Tumkur side and see how good or bad that is. Also the Nelamangala Hassan side.
Both of these routes have had dedicated Fastag lanes for sometime now and work very well.Even during long weekends, lanes were blocked off only for Fastag vehicles, which was a big boon. Haven't driven down either of these sections post Dec 15th, hence need to see how the changes have been implemented.
Old 30th December 2019, 10:26   #4498
BHPian

Did a trial run of airtel fastag on NH6 yesterday. It worked flawlessly on dhulagarh toll(Both ways) & nivedita toll(One way). Rs 105 was deducted at dhulagarh during onward journey & Rs 50 while returning. Received sms instantly on each occasion.
But both tolls were jam packed. There were dedicated fastag & hybrid lanes but hardly anyone followed that. Hope this situation improves in near future.
Old 30th December 2019, 10:49   #4499
BHPian

I applied for PayTM fastag on 2nd December, with shipping date given as 13th. It got postponed to 20th, then to 26th and then on 26th I got SMS that due to very heavy demand, PayTM will not be able to issue fastag at this time and money will be refunded to the wallet (which they did within the day). Now, I had a planned travel on 28th with return on 29th, with 5 tolls each way. And, thanks to PayTM, I was without a fastag!!

Turned out, it's not a hopeless situation as I thought it would be without fastag. One, there were more than 1 lanes for cash at each of the 5 tolls I passed through. Bigger toll booths had upto 5 "hybrid" lanes, and I spent way less time than what I used to spend before this Fastag mandatory thing came to be.

Two, Fastag lanes were in a total mess. At few tolls, fastag lane was slower than cash/hybrid lanes. Why? Either the sensor was not picking up the tags and booth men had to come and use a handheld sensor frequently; or this whole mess of "blacklisting". I have no clue why this thing happens, but during one of my waiting time at a toll booth, I saw 5 cars unable to pass through in a row because of their fastags showing up as Blacklisted! Not to mention, there were heated arguments (I saw one car driver drove through the barrier, bending it to 90 degree).
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 14:12   #4500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
I applied for PayTM fastag on 2nd December, with shipping date given as 13th. It got postponed to 20th, then to 26th and then on 26th I got SMS that due to very heavy demand, PayTM will not be able to issue fastag at this time and money will be refunded to the wallet (which they did within the day). Now, I had a planned travel on 28th with return on 29th, with 5 tolls each way. And, thanks to PayTM, I was without a fastag!!
Same experience with PayTm ! I ordered when there was a "Free FasTag" offer going on and they charged me INR 400 (250 + 150). After multiple days, they gave a lame "heavy demand" excuse and cancelled + refunded the money.

I was again asked to order a new Fastag, and silly me thought paytm wallet being an easy(credit card can be used) option, ordered a new one for INR 500(250 + 150 + 100). It was delivered on time. But, till today, I can't see the new Fastag in my PayTm passbook section, neither I was asked for RC details while ordering the new Fastag - absolutely nothing, just my vehicle number was asked while ordering. It was just like any other Paytm mall shopping order lying in my house.

The Fastag kit doesn't have my vehicle number on it. After at least 50 attempts to contact Paytm(The horrible Fastag toll free helpline which never connects/ Chat/ Email/ Twitter handle), I got lucky and someone picked up the call in the helpline and asked me to upload the RC copy and Bar code of Fastag kit through the 24*7 help chat conversation(Still no dedicated link to upload). I did it 4 days back and still no progress. They simply closed the chat saying "We are actively working on it".

Now, I can't order another bank's Fastag fearing the dreaded "vehicle blacklisted" status from PayTM - because they haven;t activated/closed the fastag. I am not taking my car to highway since this ordeal started.

Please don't go for a new PayTM fastag - my 2 cents.
amods is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks