Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2019, 16:54   #4501
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I go this popup message when I applied for ICICI FASTtag today. Anyway I proceeded and made the payment. Expecting the delivery in a week's time. Why this message?

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 1571
Size:  34.6 KB
Old 30th December 2019, 17:16   #4502
BHPian

Yesterday drove on the Chittoor- Chennai highway and crossed the Chennasamudram toll around 4 PM. It’s 24 hrs now but the toll amount is not deducted. Should I assume the car behind me had double deduction? Upward journey to Chittoor had a flawless Fastag toll payment though.

Last edited by saisree : 30th December 2019 at 17:17.
Old 30th December 2019, 19:51   #4503
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
You can do it the old school way (I did it this way) and ask the Customer Service/Sales team to link the additional tag to your existing Account Id (multiple Tags can be associated with same ICICI Fastag Account Id) and you can access all tags with the same login as it's for an Account Id. This method is linked (to another post that explains it, look for the text "Adding NPV's useful post from 23rd Jan, 2018") in the opening post of this thread.

You can also do it online after logging in to your Fastag account. This method is explained in one of the posts recently, but since this thread has grown exponentially, unless one searches, it is difficult to find it! Hence, this method has also been added to the opening post (look for the post link next to the text "Alternate way to add additional cars to an existing ICICI a/c" in the opening post)
Thanks I will do it the old school way. For now I have charged the new account with some money to cover a trip, I hope balance if any will be carried forward when its merged with the old account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I had applied for an add-on tag on the 21st December. Nothing moved till yesterday. I was worried and decided to call them. I was informed that my request is still pending on their system and it takes up to 7 working days for the request to be processed.
Maybe they are giving priority to new fastag accounts/applications? Otherwise I cannot think any reason why buying an ad-on tag takes more time to process. I hope you get your fastag soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
I go this popup message when I applied for ICICI FASTtag today. Anyway I proceeded and made the payment. Expecting the delivery in a week's time. Why this message?

Attachment 1950801
It means that the name you have registered with and the dob matches another user in their record. I was shown the same message but then I did have another icici fastag.
Old 30th December 2019, 20:31   #4504
Senior - BHPian

I have sun film on my front windshield. I didn't want to paste FASTag directly to the film. I pasted the tag on a clear plastic sheet and stuck on the windshield via tape. I had to do a quick run on NH48. I passed via 5 FASTag tolls and paid Rs 240. On the return journey, I passed via 7 FASTag tolls and paid Rs 375 for the same distance. In all toll booths, the tag was detected successfully.

In one booth, though the lane was marked as FASTag, there was no automated sensor. A person was holding the sensor at a distance. Before the journey, I had Rs 600 in my tag account. After the last toll of the journey, my account went to negative (Rs -15) and I found this after reaching home. I got ICICI SMS on the forward journey but ICICI emails for the return journey for toll deductions!

Overall a better experience with FASTag compared to cash. Right now though the lane mentions as FASTag only, these lanes were hybrid. There were a few cash-only lanes. The hybrid lanes are playing the spoilsport for FASTag holders. They are getting the benefit of cashless payment but not the faster clearing of the queue. Hoping the things change after the Jan 15th deadline. I have to agree, the toll booths bring out the worst behaviour .
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 00:01   #4505
BHPian

So here's a fastag update from my latest up and down run on Bombay-Goa trip.

1. No commercial vehicles had fastag throughout the journey across all toll plazas. This resulted in long queues at most plazas.

2. Very few private vehicles had fastags. I'd say 1 in 10.

3. There was no lane enforcement in all the Maharashtra toll-plazas including Munbaie-Pune expressway. Karnataka was better with two cordened off lanes which were being monitored and passing through the state was a breeze.

4. We noticed cops stopping *private cars only* and checking for fastags. They were urging people to get fastags as well. No commercial vehicles were being stopped for this.

Last edited by Annibaddh : 31st December 2019 at 00:01. Reason: Typo
Old 31st December 2019, 00:13   #4506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
I used it today too so it definitely works. But their mobile app is problematic sometimes especially if you haven't used in a long while. Try reinstalling to reset the 4 digit PIN by providing a new password.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Very much works. Only quirk with their app is their quirky password reset policy that has to be done by OTP always
Yes, seems some issues with the app. I did travel with the tag and it was detected just fine. Even after entering the OTP, it does not progress. Guess no Equitas mobile app for me.
Old 31st December 2019, 10:30   #4507
BHPian

Question to those who have used Fastag to pay for the Bangalore International Airport toll.
A return journey by cash is Rs 135, however when i did an airport run on sunday i was charged Rs 90 each way, ie total Rs 180.
Now when i used the ECity flyover the charge is done correctly
Has anyone faced this issue ?
Old 31st December 2019, 11:06   #4508
Senior - BHPian

Yes

I have raised a ticket with ICICI
Old 31st December 2019, 11:21   #4509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Question to those who have used Fastag to pay for the Bangalore International Airport toll.
A return journey by cash is Rs 135, however when i did an airport run on sunday i was charged Rs 90 each way, ie total Rs 180.
Should not have happened as the return journey window is 24 hours. Please raise an online dispute and it will be sorted out eventually.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 13:18   #4510
BHPian

Yesterday I had to take the car to the outskirts, but was not sure whether I would need the FasTag.
Anyway took it and had to use toll road, since I had not pasted the FasTag, it was held in its position by hand.

The tag was detected and the appropriate toll was deducted on both ways too.
Have to fix it on the wind screen now, but wondering should it be permanently fixed or not.

By the way is there any minimum residual balance to be maintained for the tag use.
Read in the earlier post which mentioned even negative balance.
Old 31st December 2019, 17:45   #4511
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Hello guys,

After reading many reviews, I ordered Paytm Fast Tag on 2nd of Dec. After a long delay, they delivered it on the 21st. Now I dont know how to register this fast tag to my car's registration number because they didn't ask for reg.no. at the time of purchasing the tag. I can't get a hold of their customer case as they are not responding on the app 24x7 help section and their toll free number is always busy. Anyone else facing similar problem with Paytm Fast tag?
Hey guys, just an update to the issue with Paytm Fastag. After a lot of effort, the Fastag now seems to be active. I have not used it a toll plaza yet but its marked as active in Paytm App. I raised the issue through Paytm Payments bank escalation email id and toll free number simultaneously and it seems that repeated mails and communication worked.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 21:11   #4512
BHPian

Today I traveled back and forth to Bangalore Airport and crossed Devanahalli Toll plaza. There is just one lane for Cash and all others were FastTag enabled. Drive through was a breeze both ways but noticed that I was charged for one way toll charges for both the trips - not for the round trip. The transactions were within 2 hours of each other. My FastTag was issued by Mahindra when I purchased my new XUV500 from them last year and it was from ICICI bank. Called their toll free number - at least 10 times - nobody picked up - they put me on hold for a very long time. Tried again after 1 hour and after 5 retries someone finally responded. She said this could be a technical glitch and she took a complaint number and said they will validate this and this should be taken care of (refund to my FastTag wallet) within 10 days !

I also had raised a request with them to change my VIN number on my FastTag account to the vehicle registration number and this complaint is still in waiting state. The only positive experience/advantage I have with the ICICI fast tag account is that I am able to view the transactions online, able to recharge instantaneously and able to view all complaints raised.
Old 1st January 2020, 05:39   #4513
Senior - BHPian

Travel free if the FASTAG machine doesn't work.

Good move by NHAI. Now the onus on ensuring the sensor work properly lies with the toll operators.

FASTag reading machine faulty? You don't need to pay any toll fee
Old 1st January 2020, 07:50   #4514
Senior - BHPian

Completed a trip from Bangalore -Kanyakumari -Thanjavur- Bangalore with 1500km overall. Extremely cool experience with fastag. Fastag machines were fully functional at all toll gates and the cruising was hassle free.
The gate opening is still manual at multiple gates. Once the operator sees you have balance in the account and it is deducted they will open the gate. At one place the operator did not open the gate so I backed a bit and moved ahead. There was a display "Tag already scanned" and there was no double deduction and the gate was opened. This means the system is already tested for such cases.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 10:08   #4515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbiswal View Post
Drive through was a breeze both ways but noticed that I was charged for one way toll charges for both the trips - not for the round trip. The transactions were within 2 hours of each other.
On your return did you by any chance cross the toll post midnight. The return discount is only valid till midnight and not 24 hours. Another user on this thread had a similar complaint, and when he raised it with the authorities, they checked and reverted with the time of crossing.

On a related note, since the machine is automatically doing the deductions, the 24 hour return rule ought to be implemented instead of till midnight same day.

Most Viewed