Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2020, 20:23   #4756
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Dear all,

I've a IDFC Fastag on my car. I want to change and use a different Fastag (of a different bank). Can I just remove the existing Fastag and purchase and stick a new one? Or I have to deactivate the existing one?

Thanks.
Old 29th January 2020, 21:50   #4757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
Dear all,

I've a IDFC Fastag on my car. I want to change and use a different Fastag (of a different bank). Can I just remove the existing Fastag and purchase and stick a new one? Or I have to deactivate the existing one?

Thanks.
You need to inform IDFC for the same and they should block it for you. You can remove it after that. Same thing happened to my SBI tag. In my case the dealer blocked for me and gave me a new one. Mine was damaged and needed a replacement.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 29th January 2020 at 21:52.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 23:21   #4758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
You need to inform IDFC for the same and they should block it for you. You can remove it after that. Same thing happened to my SBI tag. In my case the dealer blocked for me and gave me a new one. Mine was damaged and needed a replacement.
Thank you so much for the update. I'll contact the IDFC Fastag customer care and initiate the process.
Old 30th January 2020, 08:01   #4759
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Team how do I recharge my Amazon procured Fastag via Bhim App. It says handle is vehicle number@issuing bank handle .But in this case who is the issuing bank. I am new to UPI and Amazon Fastag. I have tried searching for recharge method by credit card,but did not find any,hence downloaded the Bhim App.
Amazon Pay is the payment bank. I think there is provision to make payments from the Amazon pay page. You need to create a VPA for yourself (yourusername@pmtbnk format), and go through Amazon's KYC too.
Old 30th January 2020, 09:21   #4760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
Thank you so much for the update. I'll contact the IDFC Fastag customer care and initiate the process.
I have been trying to get in touch with IDFC customer care since more than 2 months to only realize their inexistence.

I need to merge my two fastags accounts for two cars into one.

Please let me know if you get lucky enough to have contacted them
Old 30th January 2020, 10:23   #4761

Faced an issue with FASTAG (Issued by HDFC). Hope this will clear Fastag users' doubts with regard to blacklist of tag / low balance.

On 15th Jan 2020, I had a tag balance of INR 260. I recharged through UPI app (G Pay) for 500. The amount got debited but unfortunately did not get credited in my fastag account. Hence the balance fell below the minimum required amount of INR 200 and I ended up paying at the next 3 tolls I had to cross.

I kept calling the HDFC customer care for fastag but none picked my call. I was reluctant to call 1033 since it was listed as an emergency number. I returned via the same route on 18th Jan 2020 but still my fastag did not work. This time I called 1033 and they simply said my fastag was not blacklisted (as displayed on the board at the toll collection area) but had low balance only. Hence I recharged immediately for INR 1,000 and my fastag balance was updated. But it seems the updated balance would work only after 30 minutes as per the operator in 1033 (only God knows why).

Hence my kind advice to all team BHP-ians is to check whether your fastag balance is updated after every recharge and do not hesitate to call 1033 in case your dedicated fastag customer care does not pick your calls.
Old 30th January 2020, 10:50   #4762
BHPian

I have taken the Fastag from NHAI during the free tag distribution period. Activated & recharged it via Fastag android app.

I have done few trips & paid tolls by this method. Some tolls detected it, sometimes toll staff needed to use their handheld device to scan & collect toll. None of the transaction SMS came in real time. Deduction SMS came atleast two to three hours after the actual transaction.

Though I can ignore this minor issue when things go smoothly but I keep wondering, what if toll staff refused successful transaction? Without that receipt SMS, I have no way of confirming.

Further, one fine morning, I kept on receiving successive & repeated SMS about toll deduction from my Fastag account as if the vehicle in question is passing via toll plaza after toll plaza within seconds. All this when this vehicle in question is parked inside my home garage.

This Fastag in question is setup as prepaid wallet, I had Rs. 180/- balance in my account. Surprisingly within minutes, it went down to negative Rs. 180/-. Although wallet rule clearly says minimum usable balance is Rs. 20/- for any successful toll transaction.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-psx_20200130_104426.jpg

The horrible experience started while trying to lodge the complain. No email address given to write, call centre number 1033 was so hard to reach with 15/20 mins wait time. But even when the call was connected, executive took long time to listen & put me on hold while he investigated. Eventually after 7/8 mins of holding, the call dropped.

Once again I tried few more times to connect with 1033 executive, but with such 20 mins plus waiting time, I couldn't keep patience.

Dropped multiple emails with all NHAI & Fastag related email address I could find. Never received any reply.

But by god's grace, after couple of days I received a SMS stating due to some error my balance got deducted. I immediately checked my account & found Rs. 160/- there. Somehow Rs. 20/- was still missing.

Didn't bother to further escalate & frankly, even if I wanted, there was no way I found for escalation apart from taking legal route.

More over, there is some cash back I am supposed to receive for Fastag toll transaction but till date, I didn't receive any.

The most worrying & inconvenient thing was the fact due to one vehicle one tag rule, till my account was fixed, I couldn't take my vehicle on toll roads with that negative balance in account.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 13:22   #4763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
... The horrible experience started while trying to lodge the complain. No email address given to write, call centre number 1033 was so hard to reach with 15/20 mins wait time. But even when the call was connected, executive took long time to listen & put me on hold while he investigated. Eventually after 7/8 mins of holding, the call dropped.

Once again I tried few more times to connect with 1033 executive, but with such 20 mins plus waiting time, I couldn't keep patience.

Dropped multiple emails with all NHAI & Fastag related email address I could find. Never received any reply.

But by god's grace, after couple of days I received a SMS stating due to some error my balance got deducted. I immediately checked my account & found Rs. 160/- there. Somehow Rs. 20/- was still missing.

Didn't bother to further escalate & frankly, even if I wanted, there was no way I found for escalation apart from taking legal route.

More over, there is some cash back I am supposed to receive for Fastag toll transaction but till date, I didn't receive any.

The most worrying & inconvenient thing.
Unless we do something collectively (may be as members of this forum) these sorts of problems will only increase. As each one of us ignores such problems as "minor", our bureaucrats will only be emboldened. When it becomes "major" will we act? I feel that even a single paisa should not be allowed to fall through the cracks.

I've had a similar experience dealing with BETL and even the consumer helpline closed my complaint saying it was not within their jurisdiction.
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 13:49   #4764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
I have been trying to get in touch with IDFC customer care since more than 2 months to only realize their inexistence.

I need to merge my two fastags accounts for two cars into one.

In November an email to etollservices@idfcbank.com was responded to. You can try your luck there.
Old 30th January 2020, 14:30   #4765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Further, one fine morning, I kept on receiving successive & repeated SMS about toll deduction from my Fastag account as if the vehicle in question is passing via toll plaza after toll plaza within seconds. All this when this vehicle in question is parked inside my home garage.
Really strange and look at that SMS. You traveled in a time machine in the year 1900 paying tolls all around at the same time You should have told the customer care that the East India Company was not accepting Fastag's and why the deduction?.

Jokes apart. Good that you got the refund. By the way to which bank you have the Fastag tied up?

Last edited by saisree : 30th January 2020 at 14:32.
saisree is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 15:28   #4766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Really strange and look at that SMS. You traveled in a time machine in the year 1900 paying tolls all around at the same time You should have told the customer care that the East India Company was not accepting Fastag's and why the deduction?.

Jokes apart. Good that you got the refund. By the way to which bank you have the Fastag tied up?
That is called Warp Factor 10 in Star Trek terms (everywhere in universe at the same time ).
Coming to the real question I had; is there a way to know if the tags are unique or duplicated? Nobody wants to see money getting deducted for no travel made.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 17:36   #4767
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a query related to Fastag. Kindly help me out.

I have been using PayTM Fastag since 2018, it is linked to my wife's PayTM account. My wife has been unable to get her PayTM KYC verified because her Aadhar fails to recognize her fingerprint. Hence we have been paying cash at the tolls.

I am planning to drive to Goa via Mangalore from Bangalore around Feb 15th. I am currently not in India so I don't know the ground reality.

1. Is Fastag mandatory at tolls?
2. Can I travel to Mangalore/Goa without Fastag and only cash?
Old 30th January 2020, 19:11   #4768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post

I've always been able to get through to them whenever I had any Fastag issues. They have been quite responsive and the issues were also resolved quite quickly. Are you not able to contact them at all or they have not been able to answer your doubts? Did you try their customer care number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steerclear View Post
Faced an issue with FASTAG (Issued by HDFC). Hope this will clear Fastag users' doubts with regard to blacklist of tag / low balance.
I had seen this on my IDFC Fastag. I had forgotten to recharge and then while on way to office right before the toll I recharged. However when I crossed the toll it said 'Suspended' and the toll plaza guys did tell me that it takes some time for the balance to reflect in THEIR system (not exactly sure what it meant). It was reflecting in my Fastag account. So now I do the recharge previous night and give it some time to reflect in whatever systems they were referring to. This incident was almost 3 years back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
Hi All,

You can still travel if you only have cash but you'll have to enter the cash lane at the tolls. But from what I read the Mangalore route has long queues in the cash lanes. This was when it was made mandatory. Maybe now it's a bit relaxed. Each toll has one or two cash lanes (depending on total number of lanes on the toll). You can pay cash there and travel.

Regards,
Dhananjay
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 23:36   #4769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg
Unless we do something collectively (may be as members of this forum) these sorts of problems will only increase.
Without turning things political, what else can we or I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
None, I used my credit card to recharge my tag via FasTag App !! Its a prepaid wallet. Account usage & balance can be checked via below website,

https://fastag.ihmcl.com/
Old 31st January 2020, 11:40   #4770

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
Hi All,

I have been using PayTM Fastag since 2018, it is linked to my wife's PayTM account. My wife has been unable to get her PayTM KYC verified because her Aadhar fails to recognize her fingerprint. Hence we have been paying cash at the tolls.

I am planning to drive to Goa via Mangalore from Bangalore around Feb 15th. I am currently not in India so I don't know the ground reality.

Hi. FASTAG is mandatory only if you travel through dedicated fastag lanes. If you enter a fastag lane without one, you would have to pay double the toll amount. However you can still travel via tolls through one (or) two cash lanes. (often the leftmost extreme lane).

Further on your Paytm A/c linked fastag, please surrender it and ask your wife to apply for a fastag through a bank. If you are in luck you may receive it within 10 days.

Good luck and enjoy your trip mate.
Steerclear is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks