Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2020, 13:27   #5041
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Hi All, did any of you receive request to link your driving license to fastag? I received a few sms in the last couple of weeks which i ignored and today got a call from the bank for the same. I have Axis bank fastag.

I have to send the driving license number as an sms to a number for linking.
Old 20th May 2020, 15:36   #5042
Senior - BHPian

Vehicles With Invalid Or Non-Functional Fastag To Pay Double The Toll Amount. Penalty will be charged even if FASTag wallets don't have enough balance.

A new notification issued by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways says that if a vehicle without a valid or functional FASTag enters a dedicated FASTag lane it will attract penalties. Such users will have to pay the double of actual toll fee from now on. Until now the double toll was applicable only if the vehicle didn't carry the FASTag and entered in dedicated FASTag lane.

https://www.carandbike.com/news/vehi...e-toll-2232098
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 20:15   #5043
BHPian

It should work the other way too. Instant credits to the customer if the toll scanner doesn't work or vehicles are held up due to functional inefficiencies or even bad roads. No accountability for authorities.
Deep Blue is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 09:20   #5044
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
I have Axis bank fastag.
Yes, got the same for my mom's Axis Fastag account. Wonder why it is required, since tag logically need to be linked only to the vehicle and it shouldn't matter who drive the same.
Old 21st May 2020, 10:37   #5045
BHPian

True, there could be company vehicles where they have FasTags, but driven by many company drivers. We cannot link their driving licenses with company vehicles.

It applies to personal vehicles also, the owner may not have the driving license and chauffeurs driving license cannot be linked with FasTag of owners vehicle.
Old 21st May 2020, 14:30   #5046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Vehicles With Invalid Or Non-Functional Fastag To Pay Double The Toll Amount. Penalty will be charged even if FASTag wallets don't have enough balance.
I have had experience where my Fastag with enough balance wasn't recognized at some toll plazas. I still dont know why! It worked at all other places on the same journey. I was forced to pay by cash, which was already an inconvenience. With this new rule, I wonder how it will play out
Old 22nd May 2020, 13:50   #5047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverift View Post
I have had experience where my Fastag with enough balance wasn't recognized at some toll plazas. I still dont know why!
I had the same experience with PayTM fastag. First two toll booths were OK (I think within Rs.150 reserve) but in the third plaza, failed with insufficient balance even though more than Rs.1000 was available in my wallet.
It failed every single toll plaza after that.
I thought it to be that particular day's problem and will auto correct. But nope, even in return direction, the first plaza failed to read. I could never reach the fastag support either with app / email / phone. There was simply no response.
I then selected the disable option in the fastag menu and re-enabled it. It was working from the next plaza onwards.
Old 25th May 2020, 11:40   #5048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Trying to help a friend get a Fastag. Only issue is he is not a cyber-savvy person, doesnt use computers at all.
So question is:
Is there anyway he can do an off-line recharge ? Which service provider allows this ?
Take a fast tag linked to a co operative bank account. I'm using two from Saraswat co op bank, I have opted for review for one car that I use, So I can log in and approve transactions before debit takes place at 1800 hrs daily, for second car that my dad uses we have not opted for review, and we only check the monthly statement.

Rahul
Old 9th June 2020, 20:38   #5049
BHPian

I have to replace the windshield since it developed a crack due to a stone hit on the highway (from a truck going in front).
I had asked the service centre to remove and affix the FASTag RFID carefully in the new windshield, but they inform me that once you remove the tag, it becomes useless, since the circuits in the RFID get damaged. the only option is to get a new one.

Any pointers from those who had to face a similar issue?

Last edited by Aditya : 10th June 2020 at 21:39. Reason: edited
Old 9th June 2020, 21:42   #5050
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
I have to replace the windshield since it developed a crack due to a stone hit on the highway (from a truck going in front).
I had asked the service centre to remove and affix the FasTag RFID carefully in the new windshield, but they inform me that once you remove the tag, it becomes useless, since the circuits in the RFID get damaged. the only option is to get a new one.

Any pointers from those who had to face a similar issue?
I faced similar issue, and the RFID was damaged, technician also informed that though they try, majority of the times it is a failure. I had to apply for a new Tag. Maybe you can apply for one right now, so that by the time windscreen is replaced you already have the new one.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th June 2020 at 06:06. Reason: Quoted post edited
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 12:18   #5051
BHPian

I haven't got a FASTag yet but plan to do so soon. I was wondering, is it necessary to affix the tag to the windscreen? Can't we just keep it in the glovebox and take it out at the toll booth? That will help with the complications of windshield cracks, tag replacement, and visibility as well. The only reason I see why not, is because the tag is assigned to that particular car. Not fixing it permanently raises the chances of moving the tag between vehicles.
Old 10th June 2020, 13:04   #5052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Maybe you can apply for one right now, so that by the time windscreen is replaced you already have the new one.
Thank you for that suggestion. Called up the service provider and they said that they have noted the request and that they would provide a link where i should pay Rs 100/-; after which they would despatch the new card.
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 13:20   #5053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaWhat View Post
I haven't got a FASTag yet but plan to do so soon. I was wondering, is it necessary to affix the tag to the windscreen? Can't we just keep it in the glovebox and take it out at the toll booth?
If you go through this thread you will find out that many users have not fixed it to the windscreen
I have the fastag taped to the windscreen with simple tap at both the ends and it has been working for me on all toll booths, BLR till BOM/GOI and BLR-MAA so far. Just try that out.

Last edited by diogo : 10th June 2020 at 13:22.
Old 10th June 2020, 14:30   #5054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
If you go through this thread you will find out that many users have not fixed it to the windscreen
I have the fastag taped to the windscreen with simple tap at both the ends and it has been working for me on all toll booths, BLR till BOM/GOI and BLR-MAA so far. Just try that out.
Thanks! Yeah I remember reading a lot of posts with this suggestion. That is something I plan to do when I do pick up the tag. I was just wondering - maybe hypothetically - what stops us from keeping the tag in the glovebox and taking it out at the toll booth? Apologies if this is a rather idiotic query.
Old 10th June 2020, 14:59   #5055
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaWhat View Post
Thanks! Yeah I remember reading a lot of posts with this suggestion. That is something I plan to do when I do pick up the tag. I was just wondering - maybe hypothetically - what stops us from keeping the tag in the glovebox and taking it out at the toll booth? Apologies if this is a rather idiotic query.
Nothing, you can do that, just the hassle of taking it out everytime and then flashing it, and then putting it back. The above suggestion is better to tape it out. I don't mind sticking it, Windscreen replacement is not something that happens regularly, so i would rather have it on windscreen and enjoy the hassle free experience.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks