Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2020, 11:51   #5101
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I'm Sorry, I did not follow this thread from the beginning and do not know if someone had a similar experience

I had a peculiar experience: At Nallur toll plaza in Chennai. I passed through it and was debited Rs.50 and the balance amount in the Fasttag account was Rs.56. I returned after 3 hours and the return charge is Rs.25. But, the Fasttag was not functioning and the operator said it was blacklisted due to insufficient funds. I had to pay the full single entry toll manually and then proceed.

My question :

1. Why fasttag is blacklisting my account, even when there is enough money in my account for the current toll?

2. Is there a minimum balance to be maintained in the Fasttag too? or we will be blacklisted?
.HEM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 12:05   #5102
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .HEM View Post
1. Why fasttag is blacklisting my account, even when there is enough money in my account for the current toll?

2. Is there a minimum balance to be maintained in the Fasttag too? or we will be blacklisted?
This is most likely due to the threshold (it used to Rs.150, when it goes below that tag is blacklisted).

In fact it shouldn't have worked during the onward journey as well, so possible that they've made it Rs.100 now
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 15:20   #5103
BHPian

Can anyone please help me on how to escalate a request for ICICI fastag replacement.

My windshield got damaged in February and had to be replaced, so was the Fastag. I raised a request in March and still nothing has been done(been more than 4 months). Everytime I call them all they do is open another new ticket and tell me it would be delivered in 15 days, which never happens.

Also if anyone can let me know where i can get a replacement FasTag near to Gachibowli, Hyderabad. All i find are Paytm ones near the toll plaza.
Old 8th July 2020, 21:43   #5104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Can anyone please help me on how to escalate a request for ICICI fastag replacement.

My windshield got damaged in February and had to be replaced, so was the Fastag. I raised a request in March and still nothing has been done(been more than 4 months). Everytime I call them all they do is open another new ticket and tell me it would be delivered in 15 days, which never happens.

Also if anyone can let me know where i can get a replacement FasTag near to Gachibowli, Hyderabad. All i find are Paytm ones near the toll plaza.
Raise a ticket in the ICICI Fastag site after you login
Got mine within a week
Old 8th July 2020, 21:55   #5105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
This is on Doddaballapura Road, after Rajankunte on the Yelahanka - Doddaballapura Road.
Thank you Parag. I could finally reach Vinay on his phone and he confirmed his presence if i wanted to visit. Quickly checked maps and it said 59KM's one way. Given the urge to just take the car and go, i got excited. Took my son along and off we went. The replacement tag took just 2 minutes. The toll office was equipped with the temperature scanner, with Sanitisers and people were wearing masks. The transaction was as 'contactless' as it can get. The only item i touched was the new Tag that i was given. All i had to provide was my customer ID and the vehicle number and that's it. I recharged for INR 500 right there, i was assured that the tag will be active in 30 minutes. Havent had a chance to try this yet.

Overall, this helped me do a good 120 KM round trip today. It was such a pleasant round trip today after months and months of staying at home. I did notice a lot of traffic on the roads. Lesser cabs though.

As always, google maps had to share its bit of fame and took me through some really beautiful and scenic route along the Indian Institute of Horticulture Research roads. Loved it. I am now thinking if my excuse was a tag replacement or the excuse was a long drive, but i am not complaining.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 09:19   #5106
Distinguished - BHPian

Glad that this gentleman has been able to sort out Fastag replacement or purchase woes of many motorists in the last 2 weeks, especially those living in Bangalore!

From recent experiences of you all, it is evident that Vinay has been customer centric although I haven't interacted with him or met him till date at all.

There are such banners for FASTag replacement at NBTL (Parle Factory), Devihalli (Towards Hassan) and JAS Nelemangala too but most of the recent experiences say that either the numbers were invalid or there was no response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
As always, google maps had to share its bit of fame and took me through some really beautiful and scenic route along the Indian Institute of Horticulture Research roads. Loved it. I am now thinking if my excuse was a tag replacement or the excuse was a long drive, but i am not complaining.
Ever since I moved to Yelahanka, each time I head out to either my hometown of Belur or somewhere North (Pune/Mumbai), unless it is a super early morning, I have always taken the interior routes to reach Nelamangala or Tumkur road. So, It wasn't a surprise what Google suggested you too, since you were coming from Southern Part of Bangalore.

Even when I have returned on a busy Sunday evening, I have taken these roads to reach home with zero traffic till the gate of our apartment. That is indeed the most impressive experience of having such alternate routes.

The surroundings here are dotted by a large concentration of such Reserve Forests, Research institutes and other natural sections. Glad to say that our daily morning jog happens around here after as we drive 5-10m and park the car.

Last edited by paragsachania : 9th July 2020 at 09:23.
Old 9th July 2020, 12:15   #5107
BHPian

Haven't gone through the entire thread.

Does anybody here have any experience with Canara Bank issued Fastag. Mine is Canara Bank issued and funnily enough this particular bank is neither available in the fastag app nor the fastag recharge option is available on the bank mobile app. Right now I'm recharging through the branch near me, for which they send me a payment link each time. It becomes inconvenient sometimes. Thanks in advance.
Old 11th July 2020, 21:36   #5108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritpal2489 View Post
Raise a ticket in the ICICI Fastag site after you login
Got mine within a week
Have been raising request one each month,following up every 10-15 days. I really need the tag now.
Attached Images

Old 12th July 2020, 13:00   #5109

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabkaraja View Post
I got a fastag from an external provider from Thane. I came to know it was Axis bank at the end moment and I cringed in disgust. Since I was starting my trip the next day I went ahead with it.

While crossing Mumbai Pune Expressway, the booth operator told me Fastag doesn't work and I paid 230/- in cash. But when I exited at Talegaon my Fastag was deducted 173/- I called up their toll-free number (at 6:45 am) and was instructed to send an email to etc.management@axisbank.com. I promptly sent an email with toll paid receipt copy as proof. I got a request number and continued my journey satisfied that things are being addressed.

A week later I came back and still see no response. So I call up toll free number again - they tell me that I need to lodge request at toll free number with the SR received a week earlier, then only things proceed. I was like "who's gonna tell me this!"

Anyways, within two days, case was closed with no feedback. So much for the SR. I opened a new ticket on the website (on 08/01) and its 06/02 and there is no response. The ticket is still open and inviting. I sent emails to axisbank nodal officer. After waiting for a response - I sent an email to IHMCL (Fastag implementation team) as well as Axis Bank Officer in charge of ETC. And I am happy to let you know that there is no response.

I will see this to the very end. Looks like this is my watershed moment - the crusade I was waiting for.
Sorry for the late update.

They started closing the the complaint by the end of month and I kept reopened a new ticket. I was persistent. This was before I knew what to do.

Once you dont get any resolution - download or grab screenshot of the ticket numbers you have opened on the operator (in this case bank). Keep copy of the messages or toll paid receipts. Then goto consumer helpline http://www.consumerhelpline.gov.in/ and upload all the information (you have to create an account). Within two weeks (in midst of the covid crisis), I got call from Axis Bank and the amount was refunded a week after that.

I hope this serves as a pathway for others who need a resolution.
Old 13th July 2020, 08:35   #5110
BANNED

Not sure if this has been posted.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le32058835.ece
Old 14th July 2020, 19:13   #5111
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Ans: Yes, Fastag is hardcoded to car's regn #. Since it's unique to every car, you cannot use it in any other car.
My question is : What if I put the fastag of Car1 on the dash of car2 and drive through a toll in car2 ? Can the system detect it ? Are the HSRPs matched ? Less, likely.
Old 14th July 2020, 19:29   #5112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
My question is : What if I put the fastag of Car1 on the dash of car2 and drive through a toll in car2 ? Can the system detect it ? Are the HSRPs matched ? Less, likely.
Toll operators usually have number plate recognition cameras which is visible to the toll operator manning the booth. If a mismatch is noticed, they can raise a dispute against your tag. However I am not sure if the vehicle number is verified. Rather the vehicle type is definitely checked. One reason for that is the registration number of many cars isnt correctly recorded, especially since its being done for new cars before registration with only engine and chassis number entered. The second reason is that in case of a vehicle change within same class, ie from car to car, the toll operator doesnt suffer a loss since the toll amount paid is the same. But however if you try to use a tag meant for car in a truck or a multi axle vehicle then there is definitely a loss of revenue for the toll operator. Hence if they notice that the vehicle class is not the same, which can also be figured out by the tag colour, they will definitely raise a dispute after which they claim the excess toll amount, and after that its left to the tag issuer to take a call on blacklisting your car. For me, the toll booth in Bankapur had falsely claimed that my Celerio was a truck and charged me extra. Then I had to send the pictures of my car with the tag on it to reverse the dispute and get back the excess amount charged.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 19:49   #5113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Have been raising request one each month,following up every 10-15 days. I really need the tag now.
Call the ICICI helpline number and that should help, I did the same and got redressal. My windscreen was damaged in the cyclone Amphan and it had to be replaced. Due to shutdown of services in Mumbai, they told me to enquire after the lockdown. I raised the issue for replacement tag during the first week of July and they said it will reach within 15 days. My earlier tag has been disabled and hence I am expecting the tag within the next 7 days. So I would think that calling up the helpline number of ICICI fastag will do the needful.

Quote:
The fastags are linked with vehicle numbers and hence the system will call out the mismatch. It is highly unlikely that criss crossing of fastags will not get notified. That is why one person having different cars will still need to buy separate fastag for each car although the account number can be same.
Old 14th July 2020, 20:41   #5114
BHPian

Quote:
System won't I guess, but the person in the booth can as regn plate camera screen is placed in front of him. That's how they used to enter the regn nbr on reciept before Fastag came in.
And Fastag isn't really fast, you do wait few seconds before the gate opens and this gives sufficient time to the person to validate.
Try it out, and do let us know if it worked
Old 14th July 2020, 20:52   #5115
Distinguished - BHPian

The bigger toll plazas have Automatic Number Plate Recognitions Systems (ANPRS) which processes number plate screenshots at lightning quick speeds. If it senses a mismatch, the boom will not open automatically and an alert is sent to supervisors.

Net net, you may get away some of the time but not always.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks