Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2020, 11:22   #5356
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Ok. Here is a very Noob question.

I was out of India for a few years and have missed this transition to Fastag. I was stuck in the non fastag queue for a while last week. Did not realize that I could have bought the fastag at the toll booth.

On-line info is not clear and the only option that remains after visiting ICICI and HDFC banks is to drive to the nearest toll booth.

I want to buy it on Amazon.in. The prices are different(INR 124, 250, 246, 467)

Is this ok to do?

Thanks in advance.
You have below options to procure new FASTag

1)paytm App or Visit Nearest NHAI Toll gate Paytm PoS for instant delivery
2) AirTel Thanks App with Rs.100/- cashback.
3) https://etc.axisbank.co.in/
SVMBLR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 12:15   #5357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Ok. Here is a very Noob question..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVMBLR View Post
You have below options to procure new FASTag
One more - Online application for ICICI FASTag can be made using the link given below, though I don't know how long it takes to get the tag these days:

https://nli.icicibank.com/NewRetailW...b_online_sales

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 18th December 2020 at 12:20.
Old 18th December 2020, 12:22   #5358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
One more - Online application for ICICI FASTag can be made using the link given below, though I don't know how long it takes to get the tag these days:

https://nli.icicibank.com/NewRetailW...b_online_sales
My friends/colleagues were procured FASTag from AXIS Bank and surprisingly it got delivered with in 2 working days !! im not sure about ICICI bank
SVMBLR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 13:17   #5359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Assuming you carry a mobile phone - do you know who all get access to your real-time location now?
But that doesn't tell if I am driving a car or traveling by bus or taxi. And individual identification info (hopefully) is not freely/easily disclosed by the tech companies to anyone and everyone. In this case, it has to be disclosed to bill the person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I guess Fastag is already considered as inefficient and outdated by transport minister, so they are looking new technology. It's just 600 total toll booths across India, so no big deal.
Just 600 in which fastag couldn't be implemented properly after all these years. And you are missing the infrastructure all the fastag providers had built, the millions of tags that have been printed etc.

I am all for new technology, but it should be implemented with proper intent. The govt could not force NICE to adopt Fastag. Before promising the moon, let them first make the existing tool booth operators fall in line.
Old 18th December 2020, 14:00   #5360
BHPian

I need some help on my situation.

My pre-worshiped Hyundai Creta already had fasttag stuck on the windshield. The previous owner also got 3M windshield protection film applied from inside and that was applied in such a way that it covers the fasttag.
Since I had no details about the existing fasttag I had to purchase a new fastatg. I got it from Kotak bank.

Now here is my dilemma

If I stick the new fasttag on the windshield I will end up with two fasttags on the windshield. I fear that tool booth scanning machines may try to scan both fasttags and end up erroring out. So in this situation, I may be asked to pay an extra amount.

To remove old fastatg I will have to cut or peel off windshield protection film. I fear that it can damage the entire film and force me to remove it completly.

Has anyone faced such a situation? Any suggestions on what should I do?
Old 18th December 2020, 14:41   #5361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhppower View Post
I need some help on my situation.

My pre-worshiped Hyundai Creta already had fasttag stuck on the windshield.
Which fastag did the earlier owner have? If he doesn't have any other fastag linked to this fatag account, you can request him to give login and password for the existing fastag. Also you can change the owner's address and other profile details. If the fastag is from IDFC, you can change the owner name as well. But may not be possible for other service providers.

Then, you can start using it. You can discard your new fastag fully and deactivate new one to get full refund.

This is safest option to the windshield and its protection.

Only issue is, when you login to site to recharge, you will see welcome note in earlier owner name. But that is far better compared to removing and spoiling the current windshield.

Last edited by gkveda : 18th December 2020 at 14:45.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 16:34   #5362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Just 600 in which fastag couldn't be implemented properly after all these years.

The govt could not force NICE to adopt Fastag.
Agree, just wasting public money, should have invited tender of all automatic toll technologies and should have gone for the best. Good intention of this govt, but implementation gone horribly wrong.

NICE central govt don't have control, its the state govt which is not keen to bell this cat, NICE almost behaves like a quasi-state and no one can question them. Highest toll in India, ordinary roads and massive lines for manual toll collection. They have fastag sensors installed almost a year back, but no implementation. Should write a RTI petition to state transport ministry why fastag not getting implemented in NICE Road. NICE Road is just an example of what can go wrong with corporates taking over private roads.

Same kind of entry exit is there in Hyderabad ORR , fastag in place from almost 3 years, low toll, beautiful roads.

Last edited by shamanth : 18th December 2020 at 16:36.
Old 18th December 2020, 17:21   #5363
BHPian

In my recent trip of Raipur-Nagpur-Bhopal, only the toll at NH46 Bhopal bypass that connects to Raisen road had no fastag. There was no mention of it and it was not a small toll. Rest were all fastag and a couple which didn't use fastag a year back now did too.
Old 18th December 2020, 18:21   #5364
BHPian

This Tuesday (15th Dec) I was coming back from Pune and at Talegaon plaza the overhead scanner refused to scan the tag. So the guy scanned it with some kind of handheld scanner and it showed vehicle no as XXXXXXXX on screen but light turned Green and gate opened. So I went ahead and at Khalapur toll plaza Rs. 203 got deducted too. Later I found out that 67 rupees deduction for Talegaon toll plaza did not happen.

This happened with me twice since I got Fastag. I had called customer care for the first incident who assured me that I need not worry and if tag not getting scanned even if having balance then it is the machinery fault. They did not deduct that amount from tag balance that time. This time also, the tag balance is not showing deduction, even after 3 days.

Did anybody else face such kind of incident? Is there something I can do from my side to correct this because it feels really sad to pay less toll than others.
turbodude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 19:11   #5365
Senior - BHPian

Had two ICICI Fastag accounts that I hadn't closed (because they didn't have a "Close Account" workflow when I was using those tags). Recently on a whim logged into those accounts and found that account closure can be effected from the website. Put in the request. Gave reason as "sold car", entered bank account number and IFSC code.

Exactly on the 14th day the balance amount (1400+ in one, 600+ in the other) came into my bank account. Few SMSes also came.

Very painless, very much adhering to published SLA.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 23:10   #5366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Which fastag did the earlier owner have? If he doesn't have any other fastag linked to this fatag account, you can request him to give login and password for the existing fastag. Also you can change the owner's address and other profile details. If the fastag is from IDFC, you can change the owner name as well. But may not be possible for other service providers.

Then, you can start using it. You can discard your new fastag fully and deactivate new one to get full refund.

This is safest option to the windshield and its protection.

Only issue is, when you login to site to recharge, you will see welcome note in earlier owner name. But that is far better compared to removing and spoiling the current windshield.
I did not get any details about fasttag from the previous owner. The previous owner is out of India now but I will try to get details.

Based on options I would rather live with a weird welcome note than messing up with windshield protection

Thanks for your suggestion.
Old 19th December 2020, 21:57   #5367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetancm7 View Post
I am not sure if it has been answered earlier but wanted to understand what happens to the tag if i sell my car? do I need to de activate the fast tag account or handover the car along with the fast tag sticker to the new owner? I have a Paytm Fast tag.
Just follow this procedure-
1. Open Paytm App.
2. Tap on Manage FASTag.
3. Tap on the Vehicle Number.
4. Tap on Link with other wallet.
5. Enter the vehicle buyer's mobile number (should be registered with Paytm).
6. Verification link is sent to buyer's mobile number through SMS which is valid for 48 hours.
7. When the buyer clicks on the verification link, he is asked to upload Front and Back Pages of RC.
8. And you are done.

I had got this done when I transferred the Paytm FASTag of a Mahindra Supro (Goods vehicle) from my cousin to mine.

Hope this helps.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 12:10   #5368
BHPian

H All,

As Fastags are getting mandatory from 1st Jan. Any idea what going to happen, will they not let people pass the gate? Will any penalty will be there?

We are planning a long trip but car RC is lost (Trying to get a duplicate but its taking its own time) so not able to get the Fastag?

-Ijeet
Old 20th December 2020, 12:40   #5369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
H All,

As Fastags are getting mandatory from 1st Jan. Any idea what going to happen, will they not let people pass the gate? Will any penalty will be there?

We are planning a long trip but car RC is lost (Trying to get a duplicate but its taking its own time) so not able to get the Fastag?

-Ijeet
Not sure what is going to happen without fastag but, if you have lost RC, You can download at parivahan site and take a print out of the same.

I know a fastag franchise owner who can issue fastag by taking your KYC documents and RC copy of online

If you need any support, please DM me
Old 21st December 2020, 19:33   #5370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetancm7 View Post
I am not sure if it has been answered earlier but wanted to understand what happens to the tag if i sell my car? do I need to de activate the fast tag account or handover the car along with the fast tag sticker to the new owner? I have a Paytm Fast tag.
It is good practice to deactivate the tag, before selling the car. It will avoid any misuse of the tag.
Let the new owner buy a new tag once the RC is transferred to his name.
arvindmanju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks