Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2021, 19:45   #5431
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy1117 View Post
Not everyone uses online banking or paytm wallets. Sales commission should be paid to store owners for handling fastag recharge and NHAI and toll operators should share the sales commission costs. Just like mobile easy recharge.
This is so true and very much the need of the hour.

I was thinking on same lines that the way you have petty shops offer services like Bank transfer of funds, bill payments and prepaid phone recharges, FASTag also should become part of such services. There are many car owners in small towns and villages or even big cities who don't transact online and prefer to be old school and it is one of the reasons to dither from buying and "maintaining" a FASTag.

Motorists may take time to adapt to online options to recharge the tag but will not hesitate to visit a kiosk or a shop nearby to recharge before that trip. This alternate mode is very much required.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 20:22   #5432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I was thinking on same lines that the way you have petty shops offer services like Bank transfer of funds, bill payments and prepaid phone recharges, FASTag also should become part of such services.
Fastag recharges have now been standardised via UPI infrastructure. You can recharge your tag with the VPA netc.[vehiclenumber]@[issuingbank].

Since all these petty shops are offering their services over the UPI platform they don't need to do any additional work over what they do currently.

Reference: https://www.npci.org.in/PDF/npci/net...PI-Handels.pdf

Last edited by binand : 1st January 2021 at 20:24. Reason: Added reference
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 20:26   #5433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Fastag recharges have now been standardised via UPI infrastructure. You can recharge your tag with the VPA [vehiclenumber]@[issuingbank].

Since all these petty shops are offering their services over the UPI platform they don't need to do any additional work over what they do currently.
UPI has been there since more than 2 years now and I have posted quite a few details over many posts on this very thread.

But the point being referred to here is the willingness of the not so savvy users of FASTag to use UPI. Sooner or later it is these petty shops that will offer the services once they know they will have a customer base.
Old 1st January 2021, 20:34   #5434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
But the point being referred to here is the willingness of the not so savvy users of FASTag to use UPI. Sooner or later it is these petty shops that will offer the services once they know they will have a customer base.
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying too. These petty shops that offer funds transfer, billpay and suchlike are all doing those over UPI (and BBPS, which is another platform built over UPI). So for them nothing additional is required to offer Fastag recharge as a service. Just make it known that "Fastag recharge done here".
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 20:15   #5435
BHPian

Friends, I am having serious issue with Fastag. We have 3 cars in the family, and for all the cars, I had taken Fastag through banks. They were taken more than two years back. One is through Icici, and other two through Hdfc. The problem is the mobile number for all are the same, mine. So, last week, when I took the polo ( Hdfc)through the toll, it showed that the Fastag was blacklisted. So, I paid money and then exited. After I returned, I made a complaint to the bank. Next day, my ecosport( Icici) Fastag was deactivated! So, I registered a complaint,and within 24 hours, that was reactivated. But my polo Fastag is still an issue, not able to login at all. And when I try to login to Icici, it takes hours to get the OTP. My creta( Hdfc) Fastag has no issues at all. I would get message whenever it crosses a toll. The issue is for all the three, the customer ID, wallet ID and the mobile number is the same. I am very confused. What to do? Should I cancel those two and apply through NHAI freshly or through Paytm or similar UPI. And also use different mobile numbers. Kindly advise. Thanks in advance, regards Ramesh
Old 2nd January 2021, 20:53   #5436
Senior - BHPian

Does the fastag work if applied on the dotted section behind the rear view mirror where there's no sun film?
Old 2nd January 2021, 21:38   #5437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Does the fastag work if applied on the dotted section behind the rear view mirror where there's no sun film?
Yes. It works flawlessly. I have stuck at exactly same spot for both my cars.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 23:32   #5438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Yes. It works flawlessly. I have stuck at exactly same spot for both my cars.
Perfect! Thanks a lot for the confirmation. Just got sun film installed day before and realised this later lol.
Old 3rd January 2021, 05:57   #5439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Should I cancel those two and apply through NHAI freshly or through Paytm or similar UPI. And also use different mobile numbers. Kindly advise. Thanks in advance, regards Ramesh
I have a 2 fastags from Icici and Paytm, both with same phone number. This setup is working fine. I believe you should be able to have this setup without any issue.

Can you talk to icici (they have a reasonable call center) and see why was the fastag blocked? Only they can explain why it is the way it is - and all our guess would be just that - guesses.

BTW icici has an app called eToll by Icici. Please see if this helps manage the icici fastags better.

Last edited by deep_bang : 3rd January 2021 at 05:58.
Old 3rd January 2021, 09:07   #5440
BHPian

Quote:
The issue is for all the three, the customer ID, wallet ID and the mobile number is the same.
Confused. All the three fastag's are from two different banks for three different vehicles. So customer ID, vehicle no combination cannot be unique. This seem to be a different issue. I guess the account is deactivated for low balance or something similar.

Quote:
Should I cancel those two and apply through NHAI freshly or through Paytm or similar UPI. And also use different mobile numbers.
No need to cancel. Check with the banks and enable them back. We have multiple cars with the same mobile no and none of them has this issue.
For the recharges use the UPI <vehicleno>@<issuing bank>. Pretty fast and neat.

Last edited by saisree : 3rd January 2021 at 09:09.
Old 3rd January 2021, 09:07   #5441
BHPian

Keep a watch on l&t Coimbatore bypass toll deduction

Keep a watch on l&t Coimbatore bypass toll deduction

I have taken this route few weeks back during Bangalore - Kerala drive. The transaction in my ICICI Fastag statement looks as below
As per my understanding it's Rs:45 in total. But there is an additional deduction of Rs: 45 in the statement.
Raised a ticket and charge-back is in process.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastagtransdec5th.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-ftagtrans.jpg  

kavu75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 12:39   #5442
BHPian

I have received my Paytm Fastag just last week. The charges were Rs.500 including a "Threshold Amount" of Rs.150 and a Security Deposit of Rs.250. However, this Rs.150 doesn't show up anywhere in the "Manage Fastag" section.
Old 3rd January 2021, 13:05   #5443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
I have received my Paytm Fastag just last week. The charges were Rs.500 including a "Threshold Amount" of Rs.150 and a Security Deposit of Rs.250. However, this Rs.150 doesn't show up anywhere in the "Manage Fastag" section.
It will be there in your Paytm Passbook under "Fastag". Here's mine (2 cars @ Rs. 150 each + a Rs. 45 refund after a double-deduction issue's resolution).

Attachment 2102120
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20210103125900168.jpg  

binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 15:48   #5444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Just follow this procedure-
1. Open Paytm App.
2. Tap on Manage FASTag.
3. Tap on the Vehicle Number.
4. Tap on Link with other wallet.
5. Enter the vehicle buyer's mobile number (should be registered with Paytm).
6. Verification link is sent to buyer's mobile number through SMS which is valid for 48 hours.
7. When the buyer clicks on the verification link, he is asked to upload Front and Back Pages of RC.
8. And you are done.

I had got this done when I transferred the Paytm FASTag of a Mahindra Supro (Goods vehicle) from my cousin to mine.

Hope this helps.
There is now a different way to close the Fast Tag in Paytm. Go to Paytm FASTag, click on the registered vehicle number and you would get a host of options from which we need to select fast tag closure. Next step is to select the reason you want to deactivate and then you are done. It will seek a confirmation and then your details would reflect as Closure initiated beside your vehicle registration number. I also got a confirmation that 400 Rs would be refunded.
Old 6th January 2021, 16:31   #5445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetancm7 View Post
There is now a different way to close the Fast Tag in Paytm. I also got a confirmation that 400 Rs would be refunded.
No offense meant but I had just suggested that you can avoid closing the FASTag while transferring the car.
Now you have closed your existing FASTag, get the refund and throw the existing FASTag in the dustbin. Then the New owner will apply for new FASTag, pay the fee and stick new tag on the car.

Instead of throwing the existing tag, the same could have been used by the new owner is what I wanted to convey.

This is what I did too (using existing tag instead of throwing it away).
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks