Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2021, 11:23   #5461
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
Axis bank Fastag not able to recharge since morning via their already pathetic website.

Then I tried NEFT (for the first time) to recharge. My bank account says success, but not reflected in Fastag account.

Multiple calls to call center, and they respond saying systems are slow
If there was a vote for the worst Fastag website, Axis bank would win by a huge margin. I got into a similar situation last month where I recharged using the UPI option. The amount got deducted in the bank but never got reflected in the Fastag account. Thought the system was slow/problematic and waited for couple of days but the amount never got credited. After some multiple calls to their call center, one extremely helpful customer care executive ensured that the amount got credited into the Fastag account in 7 days. They asked my bank account statement for the proof of payment.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 21:02   #5462

I was using HDFC in my previously owned Punto. On 1.12.2020 I got 2 messages for manual debit of Rs. 70.00 and 155.00. The car was at home on the date for which the money deducted (29.11.2020). Tried pg portal for refund complaint but they only have option to make toll plaza as second party. No option of making issuer bank a second party. Finally I called the toll free and I was lucky to get connected within seconds. CC told me to send an email to fastagdisputes@hdfcbank.com about the incident with Car RC and message or Statement of deduction as attachment. Let's see how it goes.
Old 12th January 2021, 11:46   #5463
Senior - BHPian

Sorry if this has already been sorted out in the previous posts, but have a couple of queries

I use ICICI FASTag and i could not find an option to add a new tag inside my account there. Do i need to apply for a new one for my wife's car from scratch? As in upload my id proof name etc etc?

And can i buy a fastag with my id proof and details for my father's car which is in his name?

Last edited by deathwalkr : 12th January 2021 at 11:51.
Old 12th January 2021, 12:10   #5464
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Sorry if this has already been sorted out in the previous posts, but have a couple of queries

I use ICICI FASTag and i could not find an option to add a new tag inside my account there. Do i need to apply for a new one for my wife's car from scratch? As in upload my id proof name etc etc?
The quoted post below by NPV should be helpful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Procuring and linking additional tag(s) to an existing tag account - ICICI Tags only
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 13:07   #5465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The quoted post below by NPV should be helpful?
Thanks. That was helpful and i did something most of us loath to do...called up the helpline number

The provision for an add-on card is buried deep within their helpdesk-raise enquiry/complaint-select add on card.

Then provide the vehicle number details and upload the RC image.

Now i wait for a call back i guess. Customer executive said the process will take around 15 days.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 15:26   #5466
BHPian

Small update on my PGPortal complaint against ICICI and NETC. It (as always) got disposed off without any resolution. Just got 2 attached letters from someone at Surat, probably working for NHAI. They said: Contact the bank. When I contact the bank, they say contact NETC! Total shit game this. I even went to my branch to report the same, along with the usual reporting on Twitter. No luck. Went ahead and closed my tag with ICICI.

Maybe if I had done a YouTube video on this, would have got some result. Otherwise no luck whatsoever!

Been a ridiculous affair dealing with both parties.

Last edited by Sheel : 12th January 2021 at 16:35. Reason: Please vent out elsewhere if you have to. Request you to be more careful with what you write. Thanks.
coolmel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 14:42   #5467
BHPian

Hi all, I guess this might have been discussed already, but not able to find it.

I have an old Volvo XC60. The FasTag on it just does not read automatically. At every toll booth, they have to use the manual scanner and read it from the inside. The manual scanner does not work from the outside. I travel from Bangalore to Kerala frequently, and this is quite a hassle.

I initially had a PayTM FasTag, and thought it was an issue with that. I changed it, and now have an ICICI FasTag, and its still the same. They need to use the manual scanner to read it, and that too from the inside. The PayTM FasTag was affixed on the passenger side of the front windshield. Thinking it was a location issue, I affixed the new ICICI FasTag on the driver side of the front windshield. But just no luck. Any suggestions on what might be the issue or where I should position the tag?

BTW, the ICICI tag worked once at the electronic city elevated highway toll booth! Not sure how that happened.
Old 13th January 2021, 16:14   #5468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manualManuel View Post

I have an old Volvo XC60. The FasTag on it just does not read automatically. At every toll booth, they have to use the manual scanner and read it from the inside. The manual scanner does not work from the outside.

I initially had a PayTM FasTag, and thought it was an issue with that. I changed it, and now have an ICICI FasTag, and its still the same.
If both tags have same issue, then either the location is the issue OR GLASS may be an issue.

Two options are available for you to isolate the problem.

1. Take same tag and stick it at back side of the mirror inside the car. If this works, then earlier stuck location is the culprit.

2. Take one of your earlier tags which did not work in your car and try from another car near the toll ( or taxi) by keeping the tag at same location where it was stuck (you will lose some money but you can isolate the issue)
If this works, then there is something wrong with the glass.

Last edited by gkveda : 13th January 2021 at 16:16.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 16:28   #5469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all, I guess this might have been discussed already, but not able to find it.

I have an old Volvo XC60. At every toll booth, they have to use the manual scanner and read it from the inside. The manual scanner does not work from the outside. I travel from Bangalore to Kerala frequently, and this is quite a hassle.
Quite strange. I have used different RFID tags (never used Fastag till date though) and never heard of such an issue.

In case nothing else works.

Buy a new fastag. Dont paste it anywhere this time. Simply stick it out of the window at toll plaza. Someone is doing this (his reason is different) and it works every time.

Added benefit is that no one will have to enter your car cabin to scan the tag (risky during COVID-19 times).

Keyword is "If nothing else works" before anyone criticizes this method.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 16:47   #5470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have an old Volvo XC60. The FasTag on it just does not read automatically. At every toll booth, they have to use the manual scanner and read it from the inside. The manual scanner does not work from the outside...
This here could be the reason you're facing problems with the tag:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Ceramic material and Sun film do not block RFID. However, some windshields have metallised coatings or invisible coils (for heating/insulation, antennas, HUD etc) that foul with RF signals, and the tag, if pasted inside, will not work. The only solution in such cases is to paste the tag outside...
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 16:52   #5471
Senior - BHPian

FASTag to be implemented on Yamuna Expressway in February. The preparations to implement the system has already been started.

Quote:
If you plan to drive between Delhi and Agra via the Yamuna Expressway soon, get ready to affix FASTags on your vehicles before the month ends. Because, from February, tolls at the Yamuna Expressway will have FASTag system implemented for electronic toll collection.

According to reports, the FASTag system will start on Yamuna Expressway around February 15.
Source
Old 14th January 2021, 17:29   #5472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Surprised you are facing this with Paytm. When I deactivated my Paytm tag, there was an option in the app itself. Once initiated, it took around 15 days for both the blocked amount and the security deposit to move into my main Paytm balance.

I cannot replicate the screens as I don't have any such tag any more but do check your app options.
Thank you so much for this. Realised that I had not put in a request for deactivation. I did so after seeing your post and now the option to remove the tag and retrieve the security deposit has appeared and I’ve done so. Thanks once again!
Merril is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 11:09   #5473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
I have a 2 fastags from Icici and Paytm, both with same phone number. This setup is working fine. I believe you should be able to have this setup without any issue.

Can you talk to icici (they have a reasonable call center) and see why was the fastag blocked? Only they can explain why it is the way it is - and all our guess would be just that - guesses.

BTW icici has an app called eToll by Icici. Please see if this helps manage the icici fastags better.

Thanks.
I had raised the complaint in both HDFC and ICICI bank. The ICICI customer care guys were helpful. They forthwith sent me a new Fastag without any extra payment. Though I still don't know the problem. The HDFC guys made me purchase another Fastag for Rupees One hundred. Still I couldn't register or activate it. I realised no issue again talking with them. I didn't bother to cancel that Fastag, lest any new issue crops up. I purchased a Paytm Fastag. ICICI and Paytm Fastag app and site are very use friendly and easy, unlike HDfC.
Regards
Old 17th January 2021, 11:12   #5474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I think you can have multiple tags on one account. Have you tried this option ? So instead of diff banks, just one bank which has worked best for you, and 3 tags. Close the tag account with the other banks.

Thanks, I decided to use 3 Fastags from 3 different banks. Safer. Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Confused. All the three fastag's are from two different banks for three different vehicles. So customer ID, vehicle no combination cannot be unique. This seem to be a different issue. I guess the account is deactivated for low balance or something similar.

No need to cancel. Check with the banks and enable them back. We have multiple cars with the same mobile no and none of them has this issue.
For the recharges use the UPI <vehicleno>@<issuing bank>. Pretty fast and neat.

Checked with the banks. No help from HDFC, issue persisted. Balance was Rs1000/. So that was not the problem. Anyway, I cancelled the HDFC and purchased a Paytm Fastag. ICICI guys were helpful . Regards

Last edited by vb-saan : 19th January 2021 at 08:01. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use edit/multi-quote options when posting back-to-back. Thanks!
Old 17th January 2021, 11:37   #5475
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Couple of weeks ago, my online login to the ICICI Fastag portal got locked out and I couldn't reset the password with the forgot password option since the SMS message wasn't delivered. The customer care helpline didn't work and I had to travel the same day, luckily had enough balance for the trip. This week I managed to get through to their helpline and the executive tells me I can try the forgot user name option or just create a new user name (really?) has anyone been in a similar situation and did these options work ?

Last edited by NPV : 17th January 2021 at 11:39.

Most Viewed