Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2021, 14:08   #5566
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78 View Post
Hello Friends, is FasTag absolutely mandatory on an older car ? Even if it is not to be taken out on highways and will always be used within city limits.
Yes, it is. The enforcement depends on the state governments.
Quote:
The government has amended the Motor Vehicle Rules making it mandatory for all vehicles (four-wheelers and above) to fix FASTag from January 1 and from April, it is mandatory for renewing your vehicle insurance policy.
Source
Old 24th February 2021, 08:04   #5567
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

How reliable is Axis FasTag? This may look strange, as I already have an FasTag from them. After a stone hit, I had to change the windshield of my car. Since I had stuck the FasTag on the glass, I need to get a new one issued.

Contacted their call centre and they raised a request for a replacement. So far so good. I got an SMS message that my request is closed. But I cannot get any details on the web portal. I cannot check for the service request, its status etc.

The call centre people said the tag will reach within 7-10 working days, but knowing how these bank people work, I have my own doubts. And the lack of any facility to track the status of the request makes it look even more dubious.

PS: Axis FasTag was provided to me by the dealer when I took delivery of my car. It was not what I preferred, but did not want to run around it for myself.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 08:45   #5568
Senior - BHPian

This happened to my office colleague. Money was deducted from his Fastag account although his car and tag were at home. NHAI authorities said this was the first case of this kind they had come across. This was a fastag issued by ICICI Bank. Initially he could not even get through to their helpdesk number. NHAI folks contacted ICICI and now ICICI has sent him another tag.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/81097044.cms
Quote:
PUNE: 48-year-old Vinod Joshi, an IT employee, received thre SMS alerts on Wednesday stating that Rs. 310 in all was debited from his FASTag account. The only problem? His car was at home all day.

Not sure how this can happen unless there is some loophole in the system/technology.

Last edited by pjbiju : 24th February 2021 at 08:49.
Old 24th February 2021, 09:06   #5569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Not sure how this can happen unless there is some loophole in the system/technology.
Occam's razor applies. Human error in linking tag and wallet is the most likely reason.
Old 24th February 2021, 09:06   #5570
BHPian

I don’t want to get FasTag after reading about user experiences here, it is not without its own share of problems, but it seems there is no option so will get it for both the cars, waiting for the day our cars don’t need to stop and pass through any toll booths and instead just debit through some electronic chip reading or direct overhead RFID scanning pass through like Sheikh Zayed road in Dubai.

NHAI to draw a line, if cars pass that line the toll gates have to be opened for all, that is my understanding on this article.

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/nha...w/81181295.cms
Old 24th February 2021, 09:27   #5571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
The call centre people said the tag will reach within 7-10 working days, but knowing how these bank people work, I have my own doubts. And the lack of any facility to track the status of the request makes it look even more dubious.
Most likely the replacement tag will land up at your address within a week. Most of these banks have a bad tracking mechanism for Fastag dispatches.
Old 24th February 2021, 09:29   #5572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTsunny View Post

NHAI to draw a line, if cars pass that line the toll gates have to be opened for all, that is my understanding on this article.

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/nha...w/81181295.cms
On Sunday night (21-Feb) while driving towards Pune from Kolhapur side, there was a line of vehicles for more than a km for the toll plazas at Tasawade and Anewadi. It took us nearly an hour to pass the two plazas.
pjbiju is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 10:59   #5573
BHPian

Hi, guys from Trivandrum, is there any place I can get the Fastag instantly.
Anywhere in Trivandrum is good.
Thanks in advance.
Old 26th February 2021, 12:18   #5574
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
Hi, guys from Trivandrum, is there any place I can get the Fastag instantly.
Anywhere in Trivandrum is good.
Thanks in advance.
I believe till 1-March free FasTags are issues on the spot at Toll Plazas. If you plan to travel thru toll plaza during daytime then you can check if your Toll plaza has it.
Paytm doesn't deliver? I got mine in 2 days in Bangalore (ahead of scheduled that was promised while placing order).
Old 26th February 2021, 12:58   #5575
BHPian

Can anyone help me, please. I have an Axis Bank Fastag attached. Now the windscreen is going to be replaced for stone chipping. What's the procedure to get a replacement from Axis bank fastag. There seems to be no information on it on Axis Bank's website.
Old 26th February 2021, 13:05   #5576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
I believe till 1-March free FasTags are issues on the spot at Toll Plazas. If you plan to travel thru toll plaza during daytime then you can check if your Toll plaza has it.
Paytm doesn't deliver? I got mine in 2 days in Bangalore (ahead of scheduled that was promised while placing order).
Toll plaza - that was the last option. I wanted to avoid the delay or chaos there if possible.

Paytm or others - My friend wanted to travel immediately, was not a planned trip.

Ok, we got it. Many Akshaya Kendras and CSCs are partnering with banks and are issuing on the spot.
JohnyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 14:13   #5577

Was wondering, if ₹500 for FasTag, added by dealer are they justified?
Because, FasTag issuance Fee is ₹100 + Usable Amount (Min ₹250) + Refundable Security(if any)

Can anyone tell me how all this works with new car? Since, FasTag is now mandatory to be provided from OEM side.

Would surely ask the dealer during payment. But having done some homework before heading to playground is always a good idea.
Old 26th February 2021, 15:06   #5578
BHPian

Somehow missed checking balance in my (paytm) fastag. Realized that the funds are insufficient, only after getting the tag scanned at the plaza Apparently, recharging the wallet then and there doesn't suffice it seems. Toll collector said it always takes more time to get reflected into fastag wallet. Ended up paying double the toll fare (cash).

Although its a basic sense to check the balance, are there any tips/hacks to strongly remind about the low balance? (in paytm?)

I see ICICI fastag has some kind of strong standing instructions when balance goes below threshold limit. Any idea about what's that?

PS.: I don't prefer auto-filling the wallet. Somehow, I don't trust any such features . I did subscribe Netflix with my CC though
Mr.Bentley is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 16:07   #5579
Senior - BHPian

My Axis bank Fastag was provided by the dealer and they have tagged my car's VIN number instead of the registration number. I haven't faced any issues because of this until now but I see a new option in the bank's portal to change the registration number by uploading the copy of RC card. Has anyone tried this option? Knowing how these Fastag portals work, I just want to check with others before taking the plunge as I don't want my tag to get stuck in some weird workflow and render it unusable.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screen-shot-20210226-4.02.23-pm.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
If there was a vote for the worst Fastag website, Axis bank would win by a huge margin.
Quoting myself - The revamped Fastag portal which was released couple of weeks back is well designed and works much better than the pathetic previous version which used to look and work like a side project by students in a school.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 26th February 2021 at 16:21.
Old 26th February 2021, 16:41   #5580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bentley View Post
Although its a basic sense to check the balance, are there any tips/hacks to strongly remind about the low balance? (in paytm?)
"Check Fastag balance" is one of the items in my checklist for outstation trips, which I maintain in Google Keep.

If you need to pay toll for regular trips (eg: Bangalore to E-City), then it might be best to keep a weekly reminder.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks