Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2021, 12:05   #5791
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Was in this situation 2 months back.

Send the self attested copy of RC, Driving License and Photo to helpdesk.fastag@sbi.in .
I tried this last year and there was no response to my mail.

GVRS PORTAL FOR KYC
Today i contacted Volkswagen customer care at my local dealer end and they gave me this URL and asked me to submit my KYC here https://gvrsindiaa.com/kyc-update. Hope it works. Sharing it for the benefit of other sbi fastag owners who dont have sbi account and have this kyc problem.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screen-shot-20210816-11.47.55-am.png

UPI RECHARGE
Also came to know that you can recharge your fastag from any UPI app just by using this UPI id netc.yourcarnumber@yourissuingbankhandle For example find a recharge done by my colleague for his polo. I tried this for my SBI tag but it says invalid UPI id. Tried both the @sbi and @sbibank handles. If there is any other handle pls let me know.

Name:  Screen Shot 20210816 at 11.59.34 AM.png
Views: 617
Size:  141.9 KB.

Google Pay/ Pay TM Recharge
You can also recharge via google pay or paytm for tags that are from all other banks. Here too the SBI option alone is missing.

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 12:59   #5792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post

UPI RECHARGE
Also came to know that you can recharge your fastag from any UPI app just by using this UPI id netc.yourcarnumber@yourissuingbankhandle For example find a recharge done by my colleague for his polo. I tried this for my SBI tag but it says invalid UPI id. Tried both the @sbi and @sbibank handles. If there is any other handle pls let me
Regards
Dev
UPI handle for SBI is @oksbi
Kindly recharge with a small trial amount and check if it has been credited before higher transactions.
Old 16th August 2021, 13:54   #5793
Team-BHP Support

SBI Fastag doesn't support direct UPI recharge via netc.<reg#>@<bank UPI handle> method.
Old 16th August 2021, 14:14   #5794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I tried this last year and there was no response to my mail.
I brought an ICICI Fastag during a trip, exhausted the SBI Fastag amount and tore it off.
Old 16th August 2021, 14:26   #5795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88_TANK_88 View Post
UPI handle for SBI is @oksbi
That is google pay suffix for sbi UPI id. Don't think tags issued by SBI themselves would use google pay sbi handles. SBI has their own ids with@sbi.
Old 16th August 2021, 14:48   #5796
BHPian

Quote:

GVRS PORTAL FOR KYC
Today i contacted Volkswagen customer care at my local dealer end and they gave me this URL and asked me to submit my KYC here https://gvrsindiaa.com/kyc-update. Hope it works. Sharing it for the benefit of other sbi fastag owners who dont have sbi account and have this kyc problem.
Miracle. Miracle. It worked. I am able to recharge my tag. Recharged for 2000rs successfully. Also now my profile pic is showing on the portal. Hope this info helps some poor soul like me who was struggling with this thing for the past 1.5 years

Regards
Dev
Old 16th August 2021, 18:14   #5797
Senior - BHPian

Any feedbacks on the HDFC fasttag? I was using ICICI for earlier, but Ravindu Toyota is offering only HDFC tag for the new car. I am getting delivery of the car by end of the week, got a message today that HDFC Fastag is activated. I am wondering if I should go back to ICICI

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th August 2021 at 20:54.
Old 16th August 2021, 23:43   #5798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Miracle. Miracle. It worked. I am able to recharge my tag. Recharged for 2000rs successfully. Also now my profile pic is showing on the portal. Hope this info helps some poor soul like me who was struggling with this thing for the past 1.5 years
This SBI tag is quiet hopeless, they have blocked my fastag recharge for wanting full KYC. I am using ICICI and Paytm fastag for other cars they are not asking any full KYC...

My car is leased, so its in name of my company. Will it work if i send my KYC details or will i have to tell me company to send their KYC?

Earlier when they were asking for KYC, i sent my details, and it worked.
Old 17th August 2021, 09:45   #5799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
My car is leased, so its in name of my company. Will it work if i send my KYC details or will i have to tell me company to send their KYC?
I think it should work as long as the fastag mobile number is yours. Provide your documents in this portal https://gvrsindiaa.com/kyc-update and pay that 119rs. It took me just half a day to get the KYC done. Worth one last try right?

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 12:13   #5800
Senior - BHPian

My new Fortuner got delivered with HDFC fasttag last Thursday, and did a 1100 km road trip during the long weekend. Tag worked perfectly fine in all the toll plazas and online the recharge process is easy.

Today I noticed that the KYC status is shown as "Limited KYC", does this need any action from our side? Please advise
Old 23rd August 2021, 18:08   #5801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think it should work as long as the fastag mobile number is yours. Provide your documents in this portal https://gvrsindiaa.com/kyc-update and pay that 119rs. It took me just half a day to get the KYC done. Worth one last try right?

Regards
Dev
Applied through gvrsindiaa, got the sms from SBI last week that we have received your application, since from 1 week it was still showing processing, enquired with SBI.

Their response, we have received your soft copy, but cannot update KYC till we receive hardcopy. They asked me to send hard copy here.

NICT - HousePlot No. EB- 109, Scheme no. 94, Opp. Bombay Hospital (Service line), Indore - 452010

Looks like SBI might be having many sub-agents and some approve with application from gvrsindiaa and some dont, they are asking for hard copy.
Old 23rd August 2021, 20:55   #5802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
My new Fortuner got delivered with HDFC fasttag last Thursday, and did a 1100 km road trip during the long weekend. Tag worked perfectly fine in all the toll plazas and online the recharge process is easy.

Today I noticed that the KYC status is shown as "Limited KYC", does this need any action from our side? Please advise
There are two types of KYCs - Limited and Full
Limited KYC means you can recharge upto 10k in those wallets.
For example my PayTM is in limitedkyc and i can recharge it upto 10k.
This is good enough for fastag. No worries.

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 21:08   #5803
Senior - BHPian

I'm a paytm fastag user. Yesterday while coming back to city from Bangalore airport side, the scanner at Devanahalli toll read my fastag as " blacklisted " and I had to pay cash(190₹). In the melee, I couldn't check what the issue was as there were few vehicles that got piled up behind me. My balance in fastag wallet was low at that point. I've a paytm postpaid account too. In the past I had observed if the fastag wallet or paytm wallet is low on balance, the payment of tolls is billed to postpaid account. It didn't happen yesterday. Any idea whether that feature is stopped or it's toll booth dependent. Planning to raise a ticket with paytm.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 23rd August 2021 at 21:11.
Old 23rd August 2021, 21:24   #5804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Limited KYC means you can recharge upto 10k in those wallets.
For example my PayTM is in limitedkyc and i can recharge it upto 10k.
This is good enough for fastag. No worries.

Regards
Dev
Problem is, I have limited KYC with SBI fastag, and they blocked us from recharging anything at all, not above 10k, and they say its as per RBI guidelines. Don't know if this comes to other fastags also.

Last edited by shamanth : 23rd August 2021 at 21:27.
Old 23rd August 2021, 21:24   #5805
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Quote:
Limited KYC means you can recharge upto 10k in those wallets...

Regards
Dev
Limited KYC isn't permanent time-wise by default for all service providers, so it's best to confirm with yours if a full KYC will be needed at some point. My SBI Fastag for example, was Limited KYC for two years before I got a notification to complete full KYC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post

Looks like SBI might be having many sub-agents...
That is indeed the case, and an email exchange with NICT in my case confirmed they won't update until hard copies are received, and recharging will be blocked beyond the deadline provided. Thankfully, the notification came in 3 months in advance of said date, so plenty of time to react.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd August 2021 at 21:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks