Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2021, 10:22   #5851
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
Not sure if they an deactivate. Else you can just remove the current sticker and put a new one. Looks like that’s the only option.
I won't suggest tearing off the old one without getting a new tag. First get the new one activated to your satisfaction and then only discard the old one. To avoid multiple / duplicate tags assigned to a vehicle, generally they don't issue new one unless the system allows. So better to be safe than sorry.
Old 17th October 2021, 13:01   #5852
Senior - BHPian

During my last two long drives, I noticed that my FasTag notifications are not coming immediately after crossing the toll gates. Often it comes after 12 hours or more. My tag is from Axis Bank.

I have no fixed it permenantly to the windshield. Just fixed it using cellophane tapes. Is it because the tag is not getting read properly and the operators are making manual entries later?
Old 17th October 2021, 13:18   #5853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
During my last two long drives, I noticed that my FasTag notifications are not coming immediately after crossing the toll gates. Often it comes after 12 hours or more. My tag is from Axis Bank.

I have no fixed it permenantly to the windshield. Just fixed it using cellophane tapes. Is it because the tag is not getting read properly and the operators are making manual entries later?
Did you face any trouble at the toll plaza? If not then don't worry. I also get some notifications late (mine is Karur Vysya Bank). As long as the tag is getting read properly at the toll plaza (boom barrier is operating fine) and you are not being over charged (multiple entries or wrong toll amount) , it should be fine. Not sure what to do with late notifications.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 17th October 2021 at 13:46.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 14:39   #5854
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
. Is it because the tag is not getting read properly and the operators are making manual entries later?
Is your tag getting detected at toll booths ? If so, the delay is only from banks end.
Old 19th October 2021, 10:45   #5855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My earlier Fastag (ICICI) used to regularly send late notifications (ranged between 5 minutes to 1 hour delay).

The same is the case with my current Fastag (KVL Bank).
In one incident, I got the sms after 2days!

As long as the boom barrier is opening for your Tag, I would say, there is no reason to be concerned.
Old 19th October 2021, 12:31   #5856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy
Did you face any trouble at the toll plaza?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas
Is your tag getting detected at toll booths ? If so, the delay is only from banks end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46
As long as the boom barrier is opening for your Tag, I would say, there is no reason to be concerned.
No problems per-se. Only thing I observed is that I really need to be very close to the boom barrier for the tag to be recognized and the barrier to open. Earlier it used to happen slightly longer distance. So often wondered if the boom barriers were getting opened up manually by the booth operator, who then makes manual entry to deduct the toll. I observed this in my recent trip to Pondycherry via Krishnagiri & Ambur.
Old 25th October 2021, 14:34   #5857
BHPian

I can’t for the life of me work out how to update my linked mobile number for my ICICI fastag. I’ve tried checking in the app and also on their web login, but neither has an option to do this. Please please tell me I’m just being obtuse and that I don’t have to visit a branch to do this??!!
Old 25th October 2021, 15:19   #5858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
I can’t for the life of me work out how to update my linked mobile number for my ICICI fastag. I’ve tried checking in the app and also on their web login, but neither has an option to do this. Please please tell me I’m just being obtuse and that I don’t have to visit a branch to do this??!!
Have you tried calling their customer care? Generally they are helpful in providing resolution.
Old 25th October 2021, 21:57   #5859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
There is no option to change the phone number.
You need to close the tag and get a new one, preferably from a different fastag provider.
Old 26th October 2021, 14:55   #5860
BHPian

Just a heads-up for Paytm Fastag users...

Paytm has reintroduced the Automatic Top-up, i.e wallet balance goes below certain limit, it is automatically recharged. Earlier they had slowly deprecated the feature to use only certain debit cards to finally only Paytm Bank.

Now it has come back to use UPI and works with any bank.

This is #1 reason I prefer to you Paytm over others. One less thing to track and worry about.
car_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 19:19   #5861
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Recharging your Axis Bank Fastag is worse than driving a non-AC car in the hot Indian summers. So damn frustrating. I have tried on 4 different occasions, but for some reason or the other, it keeps failing.

Is there any other way to recharge my Fastag taken from Axis Bank? I see some Google results, but not sure of authenticity.

Thanks guys!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 19:34   #5862
BHPian

When we buy a new car, the dealer takes money for fast tag, so after we get that, do we register the same with any provider or bank of liking ?
Old 26th October 2021, 19:38   #5863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
When we buy a new car, the dealer takes money for fast tag, so after we get that, do we register the same with any provider or bank of liking ?
My dealer had a tie up with Karur Vysya Bank and I didn't have any other option. I think that's the situation with new car, it depends on the dealer. I was in a hurry as I had to travel interstate on the next day of delivery so I didn't explore other options. You can try checking with dealer. I don't recall exactly but someone at the dealership mentioned that if I can provide proof of applying for fastag or buy myself, dealer would be ok. Not tried that though because I was not sure I could get Fatsatg before or on the day of delivery. Dealer had tie up so he could procure the tag just by car chassis number and even before the car was ready for delivery. Personally I don't think we have that option - I spoke to some Fatsatg providers and they wanted car RC or registration details.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 26th October 2021 at 19:48.
Old 26th October 2021, 19:53   #5864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Recharging your Axis Bank Fastag is worse than driving a non-AC car in the hot Indian summers. So damn frustrating. I have tried on 4 different occasions, but for some reason or the other, it keeps failing.

Is there any other way to recharge my Fastag taken from Axis Bank? I see some Google results, but not sure of authenticity.

Thanks guys!
May be trivial answer or you would have tried already but did you try Gpay? I could use it for my KVB FASTag so hoping it could work since the format of providing tag details (UPI based) looks generic.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 26th October 2021 at 19:56.
Old 26th October 2021, 19:53   #5865
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

There must be a way to recharge the tag through UPI since most companies offer UPI id tagged to the Fastag. For me both HDFC and ICICI tags I have can be easily recharged that way. If not, then its time to ditch the Axis tag and get something from a different provider. For occasional use I would prefer PayTM Fastag. Its the easiest to manage. Only for the hard core highway users I would suggest ICICI and nothing else.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks