Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2021, 20:02   #5866
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Recharging your Axis Bank Fastag is worse than driving a non-AC car in the hot Indian summers. So damn frustrating. I have tried on 4 different occasions, but for some reason or the other, it keeps failing.

Is there any other way to recharge my Fastag taken from Axis Bank? I see some Google results, but not sure of authenticity.

Thanks guys!
Try GPay. It's much better than using the Axis website. However, it does have a couple of caveats:
  1. It takes a while (~20 minutes) for your Fastag account to reflect the recharge
  2. There isn't an option to check your current balance

The above two are not problems with ICICI Fastag. The recharge reflects much quicker and you can also query your balance.
Ojas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 20:32   #5867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
When we buy a new car, the dealer takes money for fast tag, so after we get that, do we register the same with any provider or bank of liking ?
Typically, the dealer will register, activate the Fastag, with the Bank of their own choice, before delivery.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 22:56   #5868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
I have tracked implementation of FASTag on Yamuna Expressway for last two years. The operator tried every trick possible to avoid/ delay the implementation. Increasing lanes would require another big persistent push from authorities. The operator surely wants to make FASTag as painful as possible, so that people start avoiding it on YEW.

It's anybody's guess why private highway operators dread FASTag. All transaction info is recorded with government agency, leaving hardly any scope for cooking books.
Fastag on all lanes of Yamuna Expressway tolls [discussions to be initiated]

Finally authorities seems to be waking up from slumber. Though acting more like beggars than Public Servants working for benefit of public . Seems like cajoling the builder is the way forward, rather than giving direct instructions.

Source : Hindustan Newpaper - Translated (thanks to Google) :

Quote:
An initiative is going to be started to eliminate the vehicle queues at the toll plazas on the Yamuna Expressway. FASTag will be installed on all lanes of Yamuna Authority toll so that people can cross easily. There will be a meeting for this on Thursday.

At present, FASTag facility is available on two lanes on Yamuna Expressway. There is a jam-like situation at toll plazas on Saturday and Sunday. If FASTag is installed in all lanes then this problem can be solved. Efforts are on for this. The trial of Fastag installed on two lanes of toll plaza on Yamuna Expressway was good. People want to travel using FASTag so that they do not have to waste time at toll plazas. Failure of FASTag on all lanes leads to jam-like situations.

Yamuna Authority CEO Dr. Arun Veer Singh told that a meeting will be held on Thursday regarding this. In this meeting, the issue of installing FASTag on all lanes of toll plazas will be discussed. Efforts will be made that fastag should be installed on all the lanes as soon as possible so that the people coming will not face any problem. With the introduction of FASTag in all lanes, the problem like jam will be solved.
Old 26th October 2021, 23:58   #5869

Quote:
Recharging your Axis Bank Fastag is worse than driving a non-AC car in the hot Indian summers. So damn frustrating. I have tried on 4 different occasions, but for some reason or the other, it keeps failing.

Is there any other way to recharge my Fastag taken from Axis Bank? I see some Google results, but not sure of authenticity.

Thanks guys!
Hi, I am using Axis Bank Fastag for more than 2 years. Earlier, the process was easy via Paytm Fastag recharge option, register your Fastag issuing bank along with vehicle details and add the amount. However, Paytm Fastag option for Axis Bank doesn't show anymore. Now they have their own portal (https://digipay.axisbank.co.in/fastag-recharge/login) which I found quite easy to use unlike other bhpians. You need to fill your vehicle registration number/mobile no./wallet ID and then an OTP is received to authenticate. Thereafter, a personalized page opens and you can see your balance and can also recharge it.

Another way is through Google pay, where you need to add an UPI ID - netc.(Your registered mobile number with Fastag documentation)@axisbank.

Also, you receive Email and SMS alert for deduction after you cross a toll plaza. The email shows the toll plaza name and current balance .

I will still recommend to call the Axis Bank Fastag customer care to confirm the Google pay method.
MangoMan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 07:35   #5870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
I can’t for the life of me work out how to update my linked mobile number for my ICICI fastag. I’ve tried checking in the app and also on their web login, but neither has an option to do this. Please please tell me I’m just being obtuse and that I don’t have to visit a branch to do this??!!
Step 1. Login to https://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/

Step 2. Once logged in, look for tag account summary tab just below thecontact information. (Refer pic).

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20211027070629_chrome.jpg

Step 3. On the next page click on 'Vehicles' tab lacated on menu bar in right hand corner.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20211027070904_chrome.jpg

Step 4. You will be redirected to the details of all the vehicle linked to your icici Fastag account. Choose the appropriate vehicle and look for edit button.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20211027070932_chrome.jpg

Step 5. Carry out the required changes and click on update button. That's it.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20211027070954_chrome.jpg

Let know if it works. It takes somewhere around 48 hrs to reflect the changes.
dpat17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 09:29   #5871
BHPian

Just me or are the older fastags( got mine in 2017) are getting a bit slower with the detection in many (but not all) tolls?

I didn't have any issue with fastag until March or so but in the last couple of months I can clearly see it takes that extra 5-10 seconds vs what it used to earlier. This is not an issue with the toll as I can see other cars get detected fairly smoothly.

I can understand tags getting damaged and not working but this slight delay is getting a bit annoying as I am not sure whether the tag is going to get detected or not.
Old 27th October 2021, 11:08   #5872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpat17 View Post
Step 1. Login to https://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/

Step 2. Once logged in, look for tag account summary tab just below thecontact information. (Refer pic).

Step 3. On the next page click on 'Vehicles' tab lacated on menu bar in right hand corner.

Step 4. You will be redirected to the details of all the vehicle linked to your icici Fastag account. Choose the appropriate vehicle and look for edit button.

Step 5. Carry out the required changes and click on update button. That's it.
You, sir, are a genius! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Doing this now and seeing if it works. Wonder why ICICI can't make it easier or more user friendly to do a simple task like this. Their UI is seriously from the 90's!

On a slightly different note, is anyone able to login with their username and password on the same portal? I have created the username, set the PW multiple times, but still get a message saying 'Invalid Credentials'. Even called up customer care to see if my username was blocked but they said it wasn't. Is it just that this way of logging in simply doesn't work?
Old 27th October 2021, 11:42   #5873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks guys!
I have no idea how effective Paytm Fastag is in your part of the world but here in North it works flawlessly. I have been using it since Fastag came into inception and never had any issue. Plus they have an option that Paytm Wallet automatically recharges once it goes below the specific amount. Hassle free. If Axis isn't working out for you I will strongly suggest Paytm Fastag.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 13:04   #5874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any other way to recharge my Fastag taken from Axis Bank?
All Fastags are rechargeable via UPI. In Google Pay you can go to the Bills section and search for Fastag (each issuing bank has a separate entry here). Give the vehicle number and you are good to go.

Also, all Fastags are supposed to have the VPA, netc.regno@issuing-bank. Something like netc.ka01mp5432@axisbank.

Give these UPI-based options a try.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 13:13   #5875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
All Fastags are rechargeable via UPI. In Google Pay you...

Give these UPI-based options a try.
I use Amazon Pay. Extremely convenient. Earlier, I had to dig out all kinds info to recharge. (BETL, especially needed their tag ID, payment via some specific portal, etc, etc - glad they've been superceded).
Old 27th October 2021, 14:50   #5876
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not able to login to my ICICI fastag portal. Getting invalid credentials error even after doing a password reset. Any way how to fix this?
Old 2nd November 2021, 10:13   #5877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I am not able to login to my ICICI fastag portal. Getting invalid credentials error even after doing a password reset. Any way how to fix this?
I faced the same issue few weeks back, later i used the mobile number / request OTP option to login.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 10:30   #5878
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I faced the same issue few weeks back, later i used the mobile number / request OTP option to login.
Yes, this is the sure shot way of logging in (with the mobile number and OTP). I have stopped using the login credentials.

I faced the issue in Jan 2021 and had asked here about this and since then use the mobile OTP login.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4980242 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

*In other news, did a Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore trip over the past weekend (my first trip going out of Karnataka state boundary since Feb 2020) and Fastag worked like a charm and no double charges etc. Fastest tag response time (scan and boom barrier opening) was at Chennasamudram toll plaza, did not have to come to a complete stop here. And all transactions accounted for correctly in the tag activity/statement when I checked on the App.

Last edited by NPV : 2nd November 2021 at 10:43.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 10:34   #5879
Distinguished - BHPian

I have not used the portal since quite some time and have been using only the ICICI Fastag App for all my transactions and to check statements.

However, for the very reason that I don't want to remember too many passwords, I have logged into their portal with OTP only.

Last week was the first time I tried recharging from the App with UPI option just to experience it (else I always use any UPI app to directly top up the unique VPA for my tag). This experience was also quick in a way that after the successful UPI transaction, the app displayed my latest balance. With recharge via UPI app, it would take few seconds to a minute for balance to update.

Nevertheless, I felt the App experience was definitely good.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 11:25   #5880
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Last week was the first time I tried recharging from the App with UPI option just to experience it (else I always use any UPI app to directly top up the unique VPA for my tag). This experience was also quick in a way that after the successful UPI transaction, the app displayed my latest balance. With recharge via UPI app, it would take few seconds to a minute for balance to update.

Nevertheless, I felt the App experience was definitely good.
Yes, I have started using Gpay for recharge. First time you will have to register your Vehicle Number / Account name, from then on its just a click to recharge.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks