Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2021, 12:52   #5881
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
So often wondered if the boom barriers were getting opened up manually by the booth operator, who then makes manual entry to deduct the toll. I observed this in my recent trip to Pondycherry via Krishnagiri & Ambur.
I have observed too that in a few toll booths, the operator manually updates the system. In most booths, it is automatic.
Old 8th November 2021, 10:35   #5882
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
There are two types of KYCs - Limited and Full
Limited KYC means you can recharge upto 10k in those wallets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Problem is, I have limited KYC with SBI fastag, and they blocked us from recharging anything at all, not above 10k, and they say its as per RBI guidelines. Don't know if this comes to other fastags also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Limited KYC isn't permanent time-wise by default for all service providers, so it's best to confirm with yours if a full KYC will be needed at some point. My SBI Fastag for example, was Limited KYC for two years before I got a notification to complete full KYC.
Facing same issue with SBI Fastag as its not recharging as the Fastag KYC isn't complete. Can this Fastag KYC be done online?
Old 8th November 2021, 10:39   #5883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Facing same issue with SBI Fastag as its not recharging as the Fastag KYC isn't complete. Can this Fastag KYC be done online?
Did you check this post? I was able to do the KYC via one of the 3rd party vendors for KYC. GVRS. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post5126358 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 10:41   #5884
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No. You'll need to send the necessary document hard copies to your service provider (details in the pop-up notification when you login to the SBI Fastag portal).

BHP-ian KA18 (Vinay) might be able to help, please reach out to him.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th November 2021 at 13:40. Reason: Corrected BHPian name.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 13:22   #5885
BHPian

Quote:
Hi PPS, reach me on PM. I will be able to assist you with KYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
No. You'll need to send the necessary document hard copies to your service provider (details in the pop-up notification when you login to the SBI Fastag portal).

BHP-ian KA18 (Navin) might be able to help, please reach out to him.
Glad that I could be of help, Chetan.
It's Vinay BTW...

Old 8th November 2021, 13:39   #5886
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
It's Vinay BTW...

Oops. Sorry about that Vinay. I need to pay more attention or turn autocorrect off. It also thinks I mean 'Bossy' every time I type 'Viddy' for some reason
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 14:24   #5887
BHPian

My father bought a new car & it came with ICICI Fastag. All our other cars are on Paytm sharing a common wallet. What is the process for surrendering the ICICI fastag & getting a refund? I will apply for a Paytm one seperately & slowly as the car is only for city use.
Old 9th November 2021, 15:29   #5888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Is there any other way to recharge my Fastag taken from Axis Bank? I see some Google results, but not sure of authenticity.

Thanks guys!
somewhat relevant suggestion: I use Axis fastag for few of my vehicles through one wallet. I have set condition to auto recharge the wallet amount to INR 1000 whenever wallet balance is less than 500. Its a seamless process with no manual intervention. Although i am planning to increase minimum wallet balance to 2000 rs to avoid frequent notifications. As these vehicles run few thousand kms every month with almost INR 1 for a KM cost.
Old 9th November 2021, 19:43   #5889
Senior - BHPian

Past few days I am getting this sms from icici telling to upload kyc documents. Is this genuine thing and why would I have to do that as I must have already given those while buying the tag an year or so ago. Anyone else getting it?

SMS content:
Quote:
Dear Customer, as part of the account verification process for your ICICI Bank FASTag Customer ID xxxx, pls visit https://buy.icicibank.com/ft/index , to verify & submit account details to continue services.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 21:47   #5890
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Past few days I am getting this sms from icici telling to upload kyc documents. Is this genuine thing and why would I have to do that as I must have already given those while buying the tag an year or so ago. Anyone else getting it?

SMS content:
Same here. Looks like a KYC verification exercise required by RBI I guess. On signing in with the registered phone, you get to verify with the linked Aadhar. I couldn't get past this point as either the Aadhar OTP never reaches or comes too late.
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 22:33   #5891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_addict View Post
My father bought a new car & it came with ICICI Fastag. All our other cars are on Paytm sharing a common wallet. What is the process for surrendering the ICICI fastag & getting a refund? I will apply for a Paytm one seperately & slowly as the car is only for city use.
You can submit online request for tag cancellation through ICICI Fastag website (note that this option is not available in their app). You need to upload self attested copies of address proof, cancelled cheque along with a signed and scanned letter requesting tag cancellation with tag details. Once request is approved, tag will get deactivated (2-3 working days). Post that it will take 1-2 weeks to get the refund.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 9th November 2021 at 22:38.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 22:47   #5892
BHPian

Is there anyway to check the status of the Fastag, whether it is active or blocked? I read a few instances where the Fastag gets blocked automatically if you don't use it for a while.

I bought a Fastag roughly about 8 months back but never used it till date. I don't have any toll roads nearby to check if it's working either. The only time it will be put to use is when I travel long but I'd like to ensure that it is in active status before beginning the journey. Please let know if anybody has any inputs. I own a ICICI Fastag.
Old 9th November 2021, 22:54   #5893
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
Please let know if anybody has any inputs. I own a ICICI Fastag.
Try to login to ICICI fastag portal using the registered mobile number - will work if your tag has been correctly linked with your mobile phone in the ICICI records if the dealer got it done diligently.
You can also try to download the ICICI fastag app on your phone and try logging in.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 09:47   #5894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post

SMS content:
As per RBI guidelines, banks are supposed to carry out re-KYC at regular intervals (typically 2 years). It is applicable to FASTag customers also that's why people are receiving such messages. It is better to follow up with the bank and complete the KYC to avoid tag being blacklisted. Private banks like icici are providing option to upload /email documents whereas govt banks like SBI are insisting on branch visit.
Aviator_guy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 15:23   #5895
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Make your FasTag removable with these tempered glass screens. Zero gaps or bubbles on windshield: https://popio.in/product/popio-tempe...o-max-poco-x2/
UPS_Guru is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks