Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2021, 15:53   #5896
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS_Guru View Post
Make your FasTag removable with these tempered glass screens. Zero gaps or bubbles on windshield: https://popio.in/product/popio-tempe...o-max-poco-x2/
+1

My fastag is pasted on a flexible mobile screenguard, and I've already relocated it thrice due to my DIYs on Autodimming IRVM. Works like a charm.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20211019_200355.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 16:01   #5897
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
Is there anyway to check the status of the Fastag, whether it is active or blocked? I read a few instances where the Fastag gets blocked automatically if you don't use it for a while.

I bought a Fastag roughly about 8 months back but never used it till date. I don't have any toll roads nearby to check if it's working either. The only time it will be put to use is when I travel long but I'd like to ensure that it is in active status before beginning the journey. Please let know if anybody has any inputs. I own a ICICI Fastag.
I also had the same question sometime back. I called up their customer care (1860 267 0104) to get the details.

However have come across another news that after 5 years the FastTag is deactivated and a new Tag needs to be bought. Not sure if this is correct or not. Even customer care was not aware of the same as I am nearing 5 years of my Tag usage.
Old 10th November 2021, 16:09   #5898
BHPian

You can check the status of your FasTag here: https://www.npci.org.in/what-we-do/n...-fastag-status It will show you all tags associated with your vehicle and their status.
UPS_Guru is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 19:38   #5899
Senior - BHPian

My friend replaced his SBI fastag with a new one from Paytm.

The old tag was removed and stored in a cover inside the glove box.

When the friend crossed a toll recently, the amount got debited from the old tag and not the new tag.

How is it possible?
Old 10th November 2021, 19:46   #5900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
My friend replaced his SBI fastag with a new one from Paytm.

The old tag was removed and stored in a cover inside the glove box.

When the friend crossed a toll recently, the amount got debited from the old tag and not the new tag.

How is it possible?
Did your friend cancel the SBI tag and received confirmation that tag was deactivated?
Old 10th November 2021, 20:33   #5901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Did your friend cancel the SBI tag and received confirmation that tag was deactivated?
Am not sure if it was done. Most probably No. But even otherwise how does the old tag get the debit?
Old 10th November 2021, 22:11   #5902
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
...But even otherwise how does the old tag get the debit?
RFID tags are proximity based, and don't necessarily need line-of-sight for detection. It also looks like his new tag may not be activated or tagged to his vehicle yet, as it didn't get debited.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th November 2021 at 22:13.
Old 10th November 2021, 23:13   #5903
Senior - BHPian

In the above case, a tag inside the glove box is detected. But in some cases the tag does not get detected automatically even if line-of-sight placement of he vehicle is provided.

By the way, as per NHAI rules:
If a valid and functional tag which has sufficient wallet balance is not detected because of malfunctioning of the equipment, the trip is free for the vehicle.

Last edited by adisan : 10th November 2021 at 23:15.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 17:33   #5904

Hello,

I have my fast tag on left side of the windshield. (I know stupid mistake). Will it not work on toll plazas especially travelling within Karnataka. I am planning my first highway trip and I am dead worried about my fast tag not working. Also in the scenario it does not get recognised, can we pay by cash ?

Thanks
Jasraj
Old 15th November 2021, 17:47   #5905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasraj_jog View Post
I am planning my first highway trip and I am dead worried about my fast tag not working. Also in the scenario it does not get recognised, can we pay by cash ?
As long as the FasTag is visible and charged (not blacklisted), it is NOT your responsibility to ensure it is read. That is the toll booth (operator's). Often they let you go if there is no swivelling boom. If there is a boom and it is not rising, they often get a hand held scanner / reader and just bring it close to the tag, read it and let you go!
Glifford is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 17:51   #5906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
As long as the FasTag is visible and charged (not blacklisted), it is NOT your responsibility to ensure it is read. That is the toll booth (operator's). Often they let you go if there is no swivelling boom. If there is a boom and it is not rising, they often get a hand held scanner / reader and just bring it close to the tag, read it and let you go!
Thanks ! I hope the toll operators know this as in India the consumer needs to prove at every step
jasraj_jog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 18:11   #5907
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ! I hope the toll operators know this as in India the consumer needs to prove at every step
Couple of things here:
  1. I've had my FasTag for 4.5 years + and was never denied a crossing or forced to pay cash (at a toll booth that claimed FasTag acceptance, back then not all were esp. on smaller highways like Mangalore - Udupi). This also includes once when I had insufficient balance (not knowing the minimum balance requirements had changed). Back then FasTags were new and had only one dedicated lane (if ever). And that was normally blocked by a rolling gate and a guard (so much for automation and labour reduction). The guard would look for the sticked on the windscreen and only then roll the gate and let you in the lane. Felt almost VIP like, esp. when there were long lines on other lanes. Back then a lot of readers did not read and I must have saved quite a bit in missed toll readings that quickly paid for the initial investment (not even counting the earlier 5% and later 2.5% cashback we used to get). So you needn't worry. These operators at all Toll Booths have now seen all kinds of scenarios (more so since it is now mandatory since a couple of years now).
  2. You mention you stuck it on the left side. (Assuming your direction is based on where the driver is seated), That is the side I have seen most FasTags stuck on new cars that come factory fitted with the sticker. So it is a common place. At toll booths, the readers are often straight overhead on the lane or occassionally (looking down diagonally) from the driver side. So you needn't worry!

Last edited by Glifford : 15th November 2021 at 18:13. Reason: Corrected mistakes.
Old 15th November 2021, 18:25   #5908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

I have my fast tag on left side of the windshield. (I know stupid mistake). Will it not work on toll plazas especially travelling within Karnataka. I am planning my first highway trip and I am dead worried about my fast tag not working. Also in the scenario it does not get recognised, can we pay by cash ?

Thanks
Jasraj
As long as the tag is visible and not pasted on the area which is darkened/shaded (typically area behind IRVM or top of the windshield are darkened in some models), you are fine.
Old 15th November 2021, 19:18   #5909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
As long as the tag is visible and not pasted on the area which is darkened/shaded (typically area behind IRVM or top of the windshield are darkened in some models), you are fine.
A small correction - the Fastag can be stuck on the frit. Works just fine. I have it there on my jazz; I have not had any issues.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4332260 (Honda Jazz : Official Review)
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 21:11   #5910
BHPian

Booked Car at Maruti and they are charging ₹600 for fast tag. Does it come with any balance or no?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks