Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2021, 15:53   #5956
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil Pingua View Post
This year in 2021 I've travelled over 8000kms across 4 states in my car and spent around Rs.600/- Only on toll tax.
Why do you reckon you'll pay more than that if you were to use the Fastag everywhere? If you are eligible to be exempted from toll it will work with or without Fastag. So I'm not sure I understand why what you did can be achieved only by not sticking the tag.
Old 27th December 2021, 22:30   #5957
BHPian

Is anyone using ICICI fastags for two vehicles from a single account? The online portal isn't showing the option to purchase a fastag for the second vehicle. Please help.
Old 29th December 2021, 13:29   #5958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Why do you reckon you'll pay more than that if you were to use the Fastag everywhere? If you are eligible to be exempted from toll it will work with or without Fastag. So I'm not sure I understand why what you did can be achieved only by not sticking the tag.
I could be wrong but I can see one such use case. NHAI says toll is exempted for
  • The Chief Secretary to a State Government within concerned State
  • The Member of legislative Assembly of a State and the Member of Legislative Council of a State within their respective State, if he or she produces his or her identity card issued by the concerned Legislature of the State
https://morth.nic.in/sites/default/f...exemptions.pdf

In above scenario, if that concerned person or his/her private car travels outside the state, a fastag would be needed. Also, not sure if a state-wide exemption can or cannot be added to a fastag. In such case, shouldn't the fastag be hidden to avoid automatic deduction within the own state?
Comrade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 15:10   #5959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Also, not sure if a state-wide exemption can or cannot be added to a fastag.
Fastag understands the same exemptions list and conditions of exemption, and has a defined process for adding vehicles to / removing vehicles from this list.
Old 29th December 2021, 15:39   #5960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Fastag understands the same exemptions list and conditions of exemption, and has a defined process for adding vehicles to / removing vehicles from this list.
I was not aware of that possibility. But if I think again why would such person go through the hassle of getting a fastag exempted. They would just show their ID card or Car Pass to get exempted. I have seen few quarrels with toll gate operators in the news.

Old 29th December 2021, 16:04   #5961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I was not aware of that possibility. But if I think again why would such person go through the hassle of getting a fastag exempted. They would just show their ID card or Car Pass to get exempted. I have seen few quarrels with toll gate operators in the news.
It is very unlikely people in that list do such "menial work" on their own.

All those videos are from the time when Fastags were not mandatory. In fact with Fastags such brawls will no longer happen - if you are eligible, the boom barrier opens for you automatically. No haggling, no hassles.

But you are right, those who abuse their privilege - someone exempted in one state not paying tolls outside that state - will be hard-hit. I'll cry for such people tomorrow.
Old 29th December 2021, 20:00   #5962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
Is anyone using ICICI fastags for two vehicles from a single account? The online portal isn't showing the option to purchase a fastag for the second vehicle. Please help.
I have just placed a request with ICICI for a Fastag from the same account as the existing one. Process as follows:
1) Login to your existing Fastag account on the ICICI portal.
2) Click on Helpdesk tab.
3) In the first dropdown on the page which says "Type", select Request/Complaint.
4) Under "Sub-type", select "Add on Tag under same Customer ID".
5) Under "Title", mention the same caption as mentioned above.
6) Under "Description", mention the registration and variant details of your second vehicle and request for a Fastag to be delivered to your registered address bound to the new registration number.

As per ICICI Customer Care, the charges for the second Fastag will be deducted from the account balance and the tag will be delivered to you. Seems it takes about a week or so. I'm waiting for mine to be delivered as well.
IamNikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 22:34   #5963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
SBI alone doesn't honor this limited KYC model and asks everyone to move to full KYC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
My suggestion is avoid SBI Fastag at all cost, their mentality to harass banking customers calling to bank and asking to send courier for small things has now been transferred to their Fastag also.

Just was reading somewhere Limited KYC is valid only for 24 months as per RBI guidelines.
Dear fellow SBI FASTag Victims, sorry Users,

Good news for all!

After going through the rigmarole of filling up the hard copy form, along with self attested copies of the required documents and booking a Speedpost to NICT today, when I visited the SBI FASTag portal to confirm the email ID to which the soft copies have to be sent:

Voila! SBI now has made Limited KYC available online for recharges up to 10,000/pm at the click of a button. I was able to enable it within a minute today.

So please rejoice and defer the tearing up of the FASTag and your hair till the next creative challenge is presented!
NowNew7 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 03:42   #5964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
Dear fellow SBI FASTag Victims, sorry Users,

Good news for all!

After going through the rigmarole of filling up the hard copy form, along with self attested copies of the required documents and booking a Speedpost to NICT today, when I visited the SBI FASTag portal to confirm the email ID to which the soft copies have to be sent:

Voila! SBI now has made Limited KYC available online for recharges up to 10,000/pm at the click of a button. I was able to enable it within a minute today.

So please rejoice and defer the tearing up of the FASTag and your hair till the next creative challenge is presented!

I being a fastag agent, received communication a couple of days ago, but couldn't post it here due to some constraints.

Well, here it goes:

1.SBI has rolled out SBI FASTag wallet up to Rs.10,000 ( With no cash loading facility) to resolve KYC updation issue of Customers onboarded in Minimum Details.

2. Please ask Customer to login to Customer Portal *https://fastag.onlinesbi.com*

3. Registered Mobile Number is default ID of Customer. Please login to Portal with your Password. You may click forget password if you are using first time or forget password.

4. There will be a Pop up after login to Portal. You have to go to *Click Here*. You will be directed to a page where you have to *click a box and submit*

4. If Pop is disabled then you go to Regulatory guidelines menu ( Extreme Right). Click the box and then submit.

5. Your wallet will be converted in to *no cash loading facility.* There is no need to take KYC documents for this even after 24 months from onboarding. Customer will continue to use his wallet for toll transactions.

6. In this facility, Customer *will not be able to recharge his tag through Cash*. Agent has to recharge customer tag by selection of Non-Cash mode. The monthly loading limit is Rs.10,000 and annual limit is Rs.1,20,000 in one FY.

7. Old procedure of KYC updation will continue if you want to recharge for more than 10,000 in a month.

Note: Collect online payment from customer in case of non KYC.

Regards.

Team Fastag

And another news is:

Dear Sir,
We are happy to announce that SBI FASTag has been enabled on *PhonePe*. Now Customer can recharge their SBI FASTag without any convenience fee. Please circulate among all Agents and Customers.

Regards

Team Fastag

I have checked both and they are working.
KA18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 10:24   #5965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil Pingua View Post
I believe my rolling style has never let the sensor take more than a few seconds to make my exit from the toll booth.
At each lane entry point, there are speed humps at almost all the toll booths where I have been. The vehicle speed while approaching the sensor is always low.

Still, I have been asked to reverse a bit or to come forward a bit for the sensor to read my tag. On rare occasions, when the sensor did not work even after this, the operator brought a sensor and manually read the tag - still he held the sensor almost directly over the tag.

Probably it is a fault of the sensor device.
Old 31st December 2021, 10:52   #5966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
There is an option however, I tried it and I couldnt get it for my car, and I moved away bought Paytm tag for my other vehicle.

Option 1) You can raise a request for 'Ad-On Tag' after loggin in to the ICICI Fastag online portal, to your first account. They say you will need to upload the RC of the additional vehicle and they say that it will take 7 working days. I waited for 7 working days and when I called again to check status, I was told that my account need minimum balance of 700Rs, which I added and waited again. Then they said that they are not shipping tags anymore and I can simply go to nearby tool booth and can get ad-on tag.

Option 2) Go to nearby toll booth and find out ICICI fastag agent. If there are no other complications, he can get you ad-on tag for your other vehicle. In my case it was a used car and it already had ICICI fastag from the previous owner and I was told that it needs to be deactivated first before I can get mine issued by ICICI, for the same vehicle. However Paytm fastag didnt have any such restrictions, so I went ahead with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
I have just placed a request with ICICI for a Fastag from the same account as the existing one. Process as follows:
1) Login to your existing Fastag account on the ICICI portal.
2) Click on Helpdesk tab.
3) In the first dropdown on the page which says "Type", select Request/Complaint.
4) Under "Sub-type", select "Add on Tag under same Customer ID".
5) Under "Title", mention the same caption as mentioned above.
6) Under "Description", mention the registration and variant details of your second vehicle and request for a Fastag to be delivered to your registered address bound to the new registration number.

As per ICICI Customer Care, the charges for the second Fastag will be deducted from the account balance and the tag will be delivered to you. Seems it takes about a week or so. I'm waiting for mine to be delivered as well.
I went through similar steps and finally they said they dont ship the tags anymore. Please check and go to nearby toll booth to get your ICICI ad-on tag.
narayanang76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 12:16   #5967
BHPian

After a long road trip I had 2000 bucks in my Fastag. I drive mainly in the city and hardly come across tolls, maybe once in six months if am going towards farther end of Gurgaon from Delhi. So I wanted to see how can I make good use of the money parked in Fastag. Downloaded HP Pay app, filled petrol for 1700 bucks, scanned the HP barcode and behold, paid using Fastag balance. This is a good way to use long dormant Fastag balance. But doesn't make sense to pay with this method for regular use. After doing this, uninstall the HP Pay app. Method works in all HP petrol stations.
driver52001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 23:30   #5968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Fastag on all lanes of Yamuna Expressway tolls [discussions to be initiated]

Finally authorities seems to be waking up from slumber. Though acting more like beggars than Public Servants working for benefit of public . Seems like cajoling the builder is the way forward, rather than giving direct instructions.
Yesterday, I counted upto 6 lanes for FASTag, up from 2 earlier. Many lanes don't allow FASTag yet (around 7~8), still it's positive step and going to reduce congestion in FASTag lanes.

I hope that operator is instructed to convert all lanes similar to NHAI toll roads.
Old 2nd January 2022, 11:56   #5969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasraj_jog View Post
I just came back from trip to Chikmagalur. My fast tag is on the left side. It worked at almost all tolls except 1 while going and 2 while coming back. The toll gate operator used some hand held scanner to scan the tag
Same here. Fastag stuck on left side (passenger side) worked on all 8-9 Toll-booths between Bangalore and Dharwad . On the way back only at 1 Toll-booth the operator had to use handheld scanner.
Old 7th January 2022, 10:23   #5970
Senior - BHPian

Received this on WhatsApp. It was a pain earlier to pay cash.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-ft.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks