Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2016, 15:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Story of a rash bus driver & how karma bit him back

Thanks vivek95 for posting this story.

My suggestion to KSRTC/BMTC and the rest - remap the ECU (or whatever it takes) to control the speed/acceleration and other parameters. Log all details to a central server and automatically rate drivers using data from the log (and take appropriate steps to change their behavior for the better, hopefully).

BMTC Volvo drivers are notorious for accelerating and braking without a shred of concern for the standing passengers; their concern for the people and other vehicles on the road, the less said the better.
mvadg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 10:26   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_shimla View Post
During my tenure of 3 years in Bangalore as a student some of my college mates were killed by BMTC/KSRTC buses while they were riding their two wheelers. I was so scared that I dropped the idea of having a bike till the time I was there. Rather I felt safe inside the buses while commuting in the city.
Sirji, this happens every where. In most cases the two wheeler drivers (especially college goers) will be at more fault trying to overtake a speeding bus at corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8er View Post
This is the sorry state of things in our country 'The truck driver fled the scene'.
"Save life to live another day" formula, sir. In all possibility, the bus passengers would have taken sides of with the Bus driver and would have beaten up the truck driver mercilessly. Law does not help (or arrives late) in such situations, presence of mind does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Generally, most of the KSRTC buses are really well mannered and driven safe on the highways barring a couple of Sarige express buses.

There is no iota of doubt that KSRTC, Karnataka is the best transport organisation in the entire country.

The KSRTC Airavat Volvos which come to MH viz.Pune,Mumbai,Shirdi,Kolhapur,Nasik,Aurangabad etc have a great respect amongst the travelling public here. MSRTC Shivneri Volvos are excellent too but their network is limited around Western Maharashtra
+ 1. KSRTC buses are absolutely well maintained and well driven. KSRTC staff are amongst the ones who behave very well with their customers. May be that your case was a one off incident or that the driver was under pressure as his Mother In law was supposed to arrive that day .

Last edited by King_pin09 : 15th September 2016 at 10:29.
King_pin09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 12:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Some of these KSRTC bus drivers are agents of Yamraj. I remember one journey in a KSRTC Volvo where the driver was driving so recklessly that I could not sleep all night. I went into his cabin and asked him to drive sensibly to which he replied - "NO, I have 15 years experience and this is how I drive" No other passenger joined me in talking some sense to the driver. When I said I will put in a written complaint to the corporation both the conductor and driver laughed at me. I did put in that complaint but got no response as expected. They know that their employee unions are too strong and performance evaluation anyway is an alien word in Govt. organisations.

Your story reminded me of this news from a few months ago where the passengers of a bus actually raised an alarm about reckless driving and still four of them lost their lives (and many others were injured) when the driver eventually crashed. Just heartbreaking.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/f.../1/620370.html

Last edited by CarCynic : 15th September 2016 at 12:04. Reason: Grammar
CarCynic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 13:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
My suggestion to KSRTC/BMTC and the rest - remap the ECU (or whatever it takes) to control the speed/acceleration and other parameters.
Honestly I don't think this is an effective mitigation plan here, for a stupid driver with bad driving habits, even a 60 kmh is more than enough to cause chaos on the road, educating the drivers/conductors on road safety more effectively and considering the passengers' complaints more seriously will be even better.

On a funny note, Why don't we just remove the turbo in these buses?
ShreyasM8 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks